Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 428

Thread: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Otherwise, it is not possible to do it, long term, through military means.
    What do you think makes it impossible to destroy Iran's nuclear facilities from the air? There is no secret about where they are, and the U.S. certainly has plenty of weapons of the type needed to destroy them, as well as the means of delivering those weapons to the targets.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    It brought them to the negotiating table. I think they have since come to the conclusion that Obama could care less if they get the bomb. Now they just have to get the P5 to relent.
    Senator Murphy’s view appears to be adding to the consensus in Washington and beyond as editorials from some of the nation’s top newspapers, including the New York Times, the Washington Post — which has been traditionally hawkish on Iran, and the Los Angeles Times, all came out in favor of extending the negotiations should the parities not reach a final deal by July 20.
    Iran watchers and non-proliferation experts agree. I'll take rational thinking any day.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I'm the one that promotes peaceful solutions to grievances, not war. I'm not interested in any people's dying because of war. You cannot find me promoting any wars or military actions beyond truly defensiveness. You claimed that Iran was supplying Hezbollah and Hamas with weapons in order to help them realise their ambition to wipe Israel off the map. That is patently false. That would take nuclear weapons, and guess what would happen to the WB and Gaza Strip if that were to take place? Your thought process is hilarious. I suppose you think your cute accusing me of hoping for another Jewish Holocaust, but its ineffective debating.
    Call it what you will. What do you think is a realistic effect of thousands of missiles hitting a country the size of Rhode Island? What has Hamas promised the Jews of Israel if they get their way? Then explain why Iran ships all of this military equipment to Gaza. You want to call it defensive? You think that is really a debateable point.

    My thought process is based on how the world responded 80 years ago and many lost all the family that remained in Europe. My thought process is based on the folks killed in Paris for the sole reason they were Jews.

    What I find funny is that there are something like 20 million Jews in a world of about 7 billion, and yet there continues to be such hatred. Even in countries like Poland that solved their Jewish problem over 70 years ago.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Call it what you will. What do you think is a realistic effect of thousands of missiles hitting a country the size of Rhode Island? What has Hamas promised the Jews of Israel if they get their way? Then explain why Iran ships all of this military equipment to Gaza. You want to call it defensive? You think that is really a debateable point.

    My thought process is based on how the world responded 80 years ago and many lost all the family that remained in Europe. My thought process is based on the folks killed in Paris for the sole reason they were Jews.

    What I find funny is that there are something like 20 million Jews in a world of about 7 billion, and yet there continues to be such hatred. Even in countries like Poland that solved their Jewish problem over 70 years ago.
    I'll agree with you that there's a Jewish hate problem in those places. I didn't say that the weapons that Hezbollah and Hamas have are defensive. The US remains the largest arms distributor in the world, so more hypocrisy pointing at Iran.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I'll agree with you that there's a Jewish hate problem in those places. I didn't say that the weapons that Hezbollah and Hamas have are defensive. The US remains the largest arms distributor in the world, so more hypocrisy pointing at Iran.
    Well the topic is Iran, not American arms shipments. Do you think Iran is a passive nation, really? They have just taken over Yemen through a proxy government, effectively control Lebanon through Hezbollah, control southern Iraq where most of Iraq's oil comes from and is fighting to preserve Assad in Syria. Where would a nuclear Iran leave the gulf states. And while we say who cares, let them take care of themselves. Lets not forget that the gulf still churns out something like 25% of the world's oil. Enough so that a material change in how that oil flows has a dramatic impact on the price of oil and thus the developed world's economy.

    So even if the world could care less if Israel is destroyed or not, it should care about a nuclear Iran which would effectively control a good chunk of the world's oil supply.

  6. #126
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The problem is that Iran knows how to do the things that you have mentioned, and that you cannot change. There are three significant hurdles that a nation must cross before it can deploy nuclear weapons. One is that it must figure out EXACTLY how to enrich uranium. The next is actually obtaining a sufficient amount of U-235 to make a bomb. The next is figuring out the EXACT method for triggering the release of neutrons at precisely the EXACT moment that a critical mass of uranium is assembled. The first two are certainly the most daunting of the three and Iran knows exactly how to do that and that you cannot change. The third item, while difficult is something that can be done undetected relatively easy and is something someone who is expert at the detonation of explosive devices, along with competent engineers and physicists could accomplish. Therefore the only realistic long term solution is one that attempts to insure that Iran finds it unnecessary to build a bomb and to strictly monitor it's enrichment activities. Otherwise, it is not possible to do it, long term, through military means.
    There is another issue. The mullas are nuts and not responsible enough to handle nuclear material. In addition, I don't know if you've flown in from Europe lately but they are checking everyone for radiation because of the possibility of a dirty bomb. Obama should have been on top of this years ago.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  7. #127
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    what are those?

    Said the guy who knows how to use google. Are you an adult? I don't want to treat you roughly if you are a youngster.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  8. #128
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Well the topic is Iran, not American arms shipments. Do you think Iran is a passive nation, really? They have just taken over Yemen through a proxy government, effectively control Lebanon through Hezbollah, control southern Iraq where most of Iraq's oil comes from and is fighting to preserve Assad in Syria. Where would a nuclear Iran leave the gulf states. And while we say who cares, let them take care of themselves. Lets not forget that the gulf still churns out something like 25% of the world's oil. Enough so that a material change in how that oil flows has a dramatic impact on the price of oil and thus the developed world's economy.

    So even if the world could care less if Israel is destroyed or not, it should care about a nuclear Iran which would effectively control a good chunk of the world's oil supply.
    What's wrong with you? The world hasn't any interest in seeing Israel destroyed. I do believe that much of the world favours a Palestinian State though. Oil, yes, that's always been the thing lurking behind US policy in the ME. Glad you finally got that one out.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #129
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Said the guy who knows how to use google. Are you an adult? I don't want to treat you roughly if you are a youngster.
    suggest you check your spelling, genius

  10. #130
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Then you should be aware the US is more concerned about Pakistan losing a nuke.
    The levels of controls & fail safes Pakistan has on nukes.
    The attacks on Nuke facilities in Pakistan.
    That you have 4 differing tribal regions in Pakistan.
    That Pakistan has been supportive of attacks on India, and in Afghanistan.
    That Pakistan has caused more proliferation- N Korea- Iran, for starters.
    That China laid the law down to Pakistan about shutting down Islamist's in order to receive aid.
    Yep- Pakistan is more of a problem then Iran is.
    According to you, not to reality.
    Iran is the no.1 sponsor of terrorism on the planet and is led by fanatical radical Islamic fundamentalists.
    Also, Pakistan already has nukes while Iran can still be stopped.
    So... no.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •