Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 428

Thread: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    The power struggle between those 2 should not draw the West in.
    Saudi has always been the power broker in the ME.
    Here is a piece about ISIS and why it is the way it is.....with the Sunni and the Saud.


    The Gulf-Gulf conversation about the challenges posed by the Islamic State (IS/ISIS) and the alliances that will be forged to destroy it indicates that a striking disparity exists between the positions of official leaderships and the sentiment of the grassroots. There is a sense of schizophrenia surrounding what the Gulf parties want from the United States, as they quarrel over what Washington wants from them. What is remarkable -- and certainly healthy -- is the sudden candor in expressing radical differences, for example between the fact that Gulf governments have characterized the ISIS threat as an "existential" one, and the fact that a large segment of the public sympathizes with ISIS and its motives, and sees it as something necessary in the balance of power and the balance of terror. A segment in the Gulf says that Islam is innocent of ISIS and that ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. Another segment sees it as the pure Islam that spoke about Christians in the language of "convert or be killed or exiled." Therefore, this segment of society in the Gulf does not perceive ISIS and its practices from the standpoint of terrorism -- and this is more common in Saudi society relative to other Gulf societies.

    Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz made it clear that the priority should be to fight terrorism, whether it is practiced by ISIS or by similar organizations. On the other hand, there is a significant segment of Saudi society -- including within institutions -- that deny the charge of terrorism from ISIS and sees the latter as a necessary instrument to confront the Islamic Republic of Iran and its regional ambitions, especially in the war in Syria, and as a way to avenge the Sunnis in Iraq who have been marginalized by the Shiites. This race between these two principles and two paths is directly impacting President Barack Obama's assessment of and objectives behind his declared war on ISIS, amid a lack of confidence in Obama and ongoing doubt in whether he is serious this time or whether he is going to back track again.....snip~

    The Gulf: ISIS in Return for Iran!*|*Raghida Dergham

  2. #102
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Yes Iran having it is more of a threat than Israel or Pakistan or even the US and Russia......this comes from telling the entire Shia Nation that they will Wipe and entire Race of people off the planet.

    That you prefer that none have Nukes.....doesn't change the reality at hand. Certain people have them. Certain people don't and shouldn't. Not until they at least have been neutered.
    Lol! The only country to have justified the use of nuclear weapons to glass two whole cities should be the ones deciding who else gets to have them. Sorry dude, that's nuts.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #103
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    He grew up in Madarassas in Indonesia and has a deep respect for the religion. .
    what are those?

  4. #104
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Here is a piece about ISIS and why it is the way it is.....with the Sunni and the Saud.


    The Gulf-Gulf conversation about the challenges posed by the Islamic State (IS/ISIS) and the alliances that will be forged to destroy it indicates that a striking disparity exists between the positions of official leaderships and the sentiment of the grassroots. There is a sense of schizophrenia surrounding what the Gulf parties want from the United States, as they quarrel over what Washington wants from them. What is remarkable -- and certainly healthy -- is the sudden candor in expressing radical differences, for example between the fact that Gulf governments have characterized the ISIS threat as an "existential" one, and the fact that a large segment of the public sympathizes with ISIS and its motives, and sees it as something necessary in the balance of power and the balance of terror. A segment in the Gulf says that Islam is innocent of ISIS and that ISIS has nothing to do with Islam. Another segment sees it as the pure Islam that spoke about Christians in the language of "convert or be killed or exiled." Therefore, this segment of society in the Gulf does not perceive ISIS and its practices from the standpoint of terrorism -- and this is more common in Saudi society relative to other Gulf societies.

    Saudi King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz made it clear that the priority should be to fight terrorism, whether it is practiced by ISIS or by similar organizations. On the other hand, there is a significant segment of Saudi society -- including within institutions -- that deny the charge of terrorism from ISIS and sees the latter as a necessary instrument to confront the Islamic Republic of Iran and its regional ambitions, especially in the war in Syria, and as a way to avenge the Sunnis in Iraq who have been marginalized by the Shiites. This race between these two principles and two paths is directly impacting President Barack Obama's assessment of and objectives behind his declared war on ISIS, amid a lack of confidence in Obama and ongoing doubt in whether he is serious this time or whether he is going to back track again.....snip~

    The Gulf: ISIS in Return for Iran!*|*Raghida Dergham
    So the saudi's would prefer ISIS over Iran? They care more about their stupid intra religious feud than actually trying to stop ISIS.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Lol! The only country to have justified the use of nuclear weapons to glass two whole cities should be the ones deciding who else gets to have them. Sorry dude, that's nuts.
    That's what the talks are about.....since its not just the Country that glassed 2 cities. But then we are the only ones to know the errors of that way. This doesn't mean that the Iranians would ever forget that Sectarian divide. Even if Israel was out of the way.....then its back to the same game. With the original board and player. The Sunni.



    Iran refuses UN nuclear watchdog access to Parchin base.....

    Iran will not give UN nuclear inspectors access to a military base outside Tehran that they have been seeking to visit since 2005, Defence Minister Hossein Dehgan said on Saturday.

    Access to Parchin was not agreed under the terms of that accord but the IAEA has been seeking to visit the base as part of its mission to answer all concerns about Iran's nuclear programme, past and present.

    Iran has repeatedly refused the IAEA access to the base but "we keep on insisting to have access to that particular site in Parchin, to the people and to their documents," Amano said in the report. Dehgan also said that his country refused to give the agency information on its scientists in the defence industry.....snip~


    Iran refuses UN nuclear watchdog access to Parchin base

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Obama is pro muslim in the totality of his foreign policy. He favored the Muslim brotherhood over Mubarak in Egypt, he also favored them in Lybia when Gadaffi was ousted. He favored The free Syrian army In Syria which had ties to Islamists. He's destroyed our relationship with Israel. He refuses to recognize that there is a violence problem within Islam. He grew up in Madarassas in Indonesia and has a deep respect for the religion. His bias toward Islam is obvious.
    Well, and don't forget the Syrian MB returned despite Assad's Father Banishing them.....so they were there too.

    Even though the Saud is vested in Syria and doesn't care for the MB it is quite amusing how they both always have their hand into the same cookie jar.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    So the saudi's would prefer ISIS over Iran? They care more about their stupid intra religious feud than actually trying to stop ISIS.
    The Shia!


    US should stop Syria not ISIS: Saudi prince.....

    U.S. policymakers should concentrate on eliminating the threat posed by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad instead of Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, according to an influential member of the Saudi Arabian royal family.



    Prince Turki bin Faisal Al Saud told CNBC at the World Economic Forum in Davos that the reason why Islamic State exists is because of what's happening in Syria and has called on U.S. authorities including the government, the Central Intelligence Agency and the military to act. "They are all aware of what needs to be done," he said. "It needs the political will.".....snip~

    US should stop Syria not ISIS: Saudi Prince.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    The Shia!


    US should stop Syria not ISIS: Saudi prince.....

    U.S. policymakers should concentrate on eliminating the threat posed by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad instead of Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, according to an influential member of the Saudi Arabian royal family.



    Prince Turki bin Faisal Al Saud told CNBC at the World Economic Forum in Davos that the reason why Islamic State exists is because of what's happening in Syria and has called on U.S. authorities including the government, the Central Intelligence Agency and the military to act. "They are all aware of what needs to be done," he said. "It needs the political will.".....snip~

    US should stop Syria not ISIS: Saudi Prince.
    So the Shia are the enemy?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    So the Shia are the enemy?
    It appears that way.....but here lets take it from those ISIS recruits and their Leaders.


    The final and most important category of recruit is often under-appreciated by the West -- those drawn by the group's political ideology. Many Sunni Muslims in the region feel threatened by Shias led by a resurgent Iran. "Across the region, Shias are confident, bold and on the rise, while Sunnis feel insecure and persecuted," said Hassan.

    "Many disagree with ISIS on ethical grounds but they see them as the only group capable of protecting them." ....snip~

  10. #110
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Iran's Khamenei says could accept fair nuclear compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    It appears that way.....but here lets take it from those ISIS recruits and their Leaders.


    The final and most important category of recruit is often under-appreciated by the West -- those drawn by the group's political ideology. Many Sunni Muslims in the region feel threatened by Shias led by a resurgent Iran. "Across the region, Shias are confident, bold and on the rise, while Sunnis feel insecure and persecuted," said Hassan.

    "Many disagree with ISIS on ethical grounds but they see them as the only group capable of protecting them." ....snip~
    Oh for }#%^'s sake Iran is the enemy? Iran?

    Given the fact ISIS is mostly Sunni, why should we we help the Sunni engage in their petty sectarian war with the Shia?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •