Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

  1. #1
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

    Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria | Reuters

    The Islamic State militant group said on Friday that an American woman hostage it was holding in Syria had been killed when Jordanian fighter jets bombed a building where she was being held, the SITE monitoring group said.

    In Washington, U.S. officials said they could not confirm that the woman, who has been identified as 26-year-old aid worker Kayla Mueller of Prescott, Arizona, had been killed.

    Mueller was the last-known American hostage held by Islamic State, which controls wide areas of Syria and Iraq and has executed five British and American aid workers and journalists in recent months.

    snip...


    Anyone see this coming?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

    RIP, but she knew the risks.

  3. #3
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria | Reuters

    The Islamic State militant group said on Friday that an American woman hostage it was holding in Syria had been killed when Jordanian fighter jets bombed a building where she was being held, the SITE monitoring group said.

    In Washington, U.S. officials said they could not confirm that the woman, who has been identified as 26-year-old aid worker Kayla Mueller of Prescott, Arizona, had been killed.

    Mueller was the last-known American hostage held by Islamic State, which controls wide areas of Syria and Iraq and has executed five British and American aid workers and journalists in recent months.

    snip...


    Anyone see this coming?
    An American going to a hostile region of the world and getting killed by animals? Say it ain't so. What's next? Fred Phelps clan holding a God hates fags protest at a military funeral, Obama denying that the terrorist attacks have anything to do with Muslim extremists, or the sun setting in the west?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #4
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Re: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    RIP, but she knew the risks.
    This probably saved her from a far more grizzly death.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #5
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

    I wonder if she had been tortured and raped. I wasn't aware that a woman hostage was in their possession, that's a scary thought.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    03-17-15 @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    714

    Re: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria


  7. #7
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Re: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    An American going to a hostile region of the world and getting killed by animals? Say it ain't so. What's next? Fred Phelps clan holding a God hates fags protest at a military funeral, Obama denying that the terrorist attacks have anything to do with Muslim extremists, or the sun setting in the west?
    Actually, they claim Jordan's bombing killed her.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #8
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I wonder if she had been tortured and raped. I wasn't aware that a woman hostage was in their possession, that's a scary thought.
    I don't see how her gender would change anything.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  9. #9
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Actually, they claim Jordan's bombing killed her.
    That's what they claim.

    And, we should believe anything they say, why again?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #10
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: Islamic State says U.S. hostage killed in Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I don't see how her gender would change anything.
    Because I am sure they treat people of other genders differently.... like raping her.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •