Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%

  1. #21
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%


  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%


  3. #23
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,376

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Ahhh...there it is.

    We the public should not be shown the raw data because we could not make sense of it.
    He really doesn't get it, does he? Besides ignoring the legal requirements (does anyone think any business would respond to the BLS survey if their answers on total employees, payroll, and hours were made public?)
    But no one could make sense of the raw data. It's meaningless until you actually process it. If out of a sample of 60,000 households, 40,000 individuals report being employed, then what is the National number given that each person represents a different number of others, ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand. It takes dozens of professionals and lots of software to make sense out the raw data, yet DA60 thinks he could understand it straight.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  4. #24
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%

    Here is a link to the jobs report: Employment Situation Summary


    " The labor force participation rate rose by 0.2 percentage point to 62.9 percent, following a decline of equal magnitude in the prior month." So really, there isn't a change in the LFPR as we were at 62.9 back in December. So that really doesn't mean much.

    "Job gains occurred in retail trade, construction, health care, financial activities, and manufacturing." The largest industry in which new jobs occur is retail, jobs which we know are low-paying.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  5. #25
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%

    I think it's funny how people pout when they've been shown to be wrong and less informed than others. Egos are so important, I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So, I am asking you to leave me alone and you refuse to stop harassing me?

    fine...then I will put you on my Ignore list.


    Good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    He really doesn't get it, does he?
    He gets it. He knows you know way more about this than he does, but your constant use of facts derail his intent to criticize.

  6. #26
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,376

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I think it's funny how people pout when they've been shown to be wrong and less informed than others. Egos are so important, I guess...


    He gets it. He knows you know way more about this than he does, but your constant use of facts derail his intent to criticize.
    Oh, the funny part is that he then sent me a couple of PMs.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,020

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    When I want an opinion about the BLS from an ex-BLS bureaucrat (like you claim to be) who is INCREDIBLY biased and has shown time and time and time and time and time again to be GIGANTICALLY pro-BLS to the point of creepy (imo)...I will let you know.
    There is no credible reason to criticize the BLS.

    After all, if they were truly biased, why would we know that U3 hit 10%? Or that LFPR has been dropping since 2001?


    But since, as the Head of Gallup stated, the U-3 is a 'big lie'...I am not holding my breath on that one either.
    The funny thing about that "big lie" is that it isn't the BLS telling it.

    BLS has published a variety of statistics for years. They haven't been hiding things like marginalized workers, discouraged workers, not in the labor force etc.

    It's up to the media, politicians and public to figure out which of the offered measures they want to use. The BLS does nothing wrong, and tells no lies, by publishing the U3 numbers.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%


    the harsher reality is people like you believe this.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    the harsher reality is people like you believe this.
    The truth? Yeah, I do. And those folks aren't even counted in the unemployment rate.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 257,000 Jobs; Unemployment Ticks Up to 5.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The truth? Yeah, I do. And those folks aren't even counted in the unemployment rate.
    SMH. Wonder Why
    https://www.census.gov/population/in...es/97agewc.pdf

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •