Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 746

Thread: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It takes a special breed of partisanship to see Obama's comments as making excuses for ISIS. Seriously.

    Then again.....it could be, that the only very very special breed, are those in the minority.


    Some Republicans were outraged. “The president’s comments this morning at the prayer breakfast are the most offensive I’ve ever heard a president make in my lifetime,” said former Virginia governor Jim Gilmore (R). “He has offended every believing Christian in the United States. This goes further to the point that Mr. Obama does not believe in America or the values we all share.”

    Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, called Obama’s comments about Christianity “an unfortunate attempt at a wrongheaded moral comparison.”

    Critics pounce after Obama talks Crusades, slavery at prayer breakfast - The Washington Post

  2. #42
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Once again, we put a boot to the KKK (Except for the ones Democrats elected) and they are pretty much a footnote at this point.

    Let me ask this, why is it necessary for people like you and Obama to bring crap like that up? Why can't he just say "these screwballs need to get their asses kicked"? Why is it so important to make the point that others have done bad things too? Why does he feel the need to appeal to the sensitivities of Muslims instead of just asking for their help to get rid of the cancer that's infected their religion?

    I'll tell you why.

    It's because Obama and whole swaths of liberals out there LOVE the idea or being a victim. If ISIS is a death cult then Liberals are a victim cult and the only damned reason they do anything is because they think they're helping a victim of this, that or the other. Their goal isn't to get rid of ISIS. It's to encourage the Muslim community to vote Democrat because only the Democrats "understand them" and "want to help them". It's the same damned thing you ****ers did to black Americans and are trying to do to Hispanics in this country.

    You don't have the balls to stand up, draw a line in the sand and say "This side is right and that side is wrong". You don't want people to make the decision to help themselves, to better themselves, to overcome adversity through their own perseverance. You want them all to stay on their side of the line and wait for you to hand them a crust of bread. You would rather that everyone remain weak and that's because YOU are a weakling who would rather be a king among mice than a man among other men.
    I don't think any conservative in the known universe has any business accusing any other human being of playing the victim card.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    It takes a special breed of devotion to the America-resenting liar who is disgracing the White House to see his comments as anything but apologism for Muslim jihadists.
    It's not an attempt to apologize for the jihadists. One can look at the full text of his speech and see that he is absolutely condemning them.

    What it is attempting is to completely and utterly detach the actions of ISIS from Islam in any fashion, to paint it as something wholey different and unrelated, and something that should not be used to any degree as a reflection on the current situation of the religion of Islam.

    Which is interest, becuase I can not recall ever once seeing him nor any liberal attempting to detach the Crusades from Christianity as something wholey different and unrelated, and something that should not be used to any degree as a reflection on the situation of the religion of Christian, past or present.

  4. #44
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Obama wasn't lambasting Christians, nor was he calling them hypocrites. What Obama was saying is we should not allow certain people or groups to "hijack religion for their own murderous ends". Obama's point is very clearly that the actions of ISIS do NOT represent the religion of Islam, no more than the actions of the Ku Klux Klan represent the religion of Christianity. Obama's point is that people have done evil acts in the name of religion all throughout history, and no religion can claim to be free of such associations.

    Honestly, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, nor did I miss the fact you only talked about the Crusades and ignored his comment regarding slavery and racism, likely because it didn't really make sense in the context of what you were trying to say, which I don't feel really addressed what Obama said.
    Who was, the Ku Klux Klan? Segregation laws was fighting Muslims who decided to take over someone else's stuff?
    Greetings, Slyfox696.

    I have many direct quotes from Obama that seem to contradict what you have posted, and I can cite them if you wish. However, in the interim, I will ask you to remember the recovered Muslim Brotherhood manifestos which were admitted as evidence into Federal Court in 2007 during the Holy Land Foundation trial which explicitly states their undying obsession with the conquest of western civilization, and that they will accomplish that goal "from within."

    If you wish, google Anti Jihad Report for an article titled Decades of UNINDICTED Muslim Co-Conspirators is MAJOR REASON Why America Is In Such A Mess written by Ben Barrack dated January 15, 2015.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Once again, we put a boot to the KKK (Except for the ones Democrats elected) and they are pretty much a footnote at this point.

    Let me ask this, why is it necessary for people like you and Obama to bring crap like that up? Why can't he just say "these screwballs need to get their asses kicked"? Why is it so important to make the point that others have done bad things too? Why does he feel the need to appeal to the sensitivities of Muslims instead of just asking for their help to get rid of the cancer that's infected their religion?

    I'll tell you why.

    It's because Obama and whole swaths of liberals out there LOVE the idea or being a victim. If ISIS is a death cult then Liberals are a victim cult and the only damned reason they do anything is because they think they're helping a victim of this, that or the other. Their goal isn't to get rid of ISIS. It's to encourage the Muslim community to vote Democrat because only the Democrats "understand them" and "want to help them". It's the same damned thing you ****ers did to black Americans and are trying to do to Hispanics in this country.

    You don't have the balls to stand up, draw a line in the sand and say "This side is right and that side is wrong". You don't want people to make the decision to help themselves, to better themselves, to overcome adversity through their own perseverance. You want them all to stay on their side of the line and wait for you to hand them a crust of bread. You would rather that everyone remain weak and that's because YOU are a weakling who would rather be a king among mice than a man among other men.

    Waitaminute Luther ......they were the JV Team first, then the cult group. Now he calls them an organization. But here is another reason why.....with BO thinking about those minorities when it comes to religion and if they are being picked on.





    Farhana Khera, executive director of the civil rights group Muslim Advocates, one of 13 participants, said the session gave Obama a chance to focus on Muslim Americans the way he has done with other constituencies, such as African American and Jewish groups. “I started off by saying the biggest concern I hear from Muslim parents is their fear that their children will be ashamed to be Muslim” because of discrimination, Khera said. “We are asking him to use his bully pulpit to have a White House summit on hate crimes against religious minorities, much like the summit on bullying reset the conversation around LGBT youth.”

    Obama emphasized the need to respect minorities in his speech Thursday, saying it was part of the obligation Americans face as members of a diverse and open society, “And if, in fact, we defend the legal right of a person to insult another’s religion, we’re equally obligated to use our free speech to condemn such insults — and stand shoulder to shoulder with religious communities, particularly religious minorities who are the targets of such attacks.”.....snip~

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...eligion-4.html

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Then why can't he say their name? One must be able to defines one enemy.
    Are you suggesting he can't say ISIS? Or are you meaning something else? Because he says ISIS pretty routinely I believe.

  7. #47
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,887

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Then again.....it could be, that the only very very special breed, are those in the minority.


    Some Republicans were outraged. “The president’s comments this morning at the prayer breakfast are the most offensive I’ve ever heard a president make in my lifetime,” said former Virginia governor Jim Gilmore (R). “He has offended every believing Christian in the United States. This goes further to the point that Mr. Obama does not believe in America or the values we all share.”

    Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, called Obama’s comments about Christianity “an unfortunate attempt at a wrongheaded moral comparison.”

    Critics pounce after Obama talks Crusades, slavery at prayer breakfast - The Washington Post
    Oh, Republicans are mad about something Obama said? Please, tell me more.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he can say their name.

    Are you actually trying to argue that he can't say the word "ISIS"? Or that he's unaware that they are our enemy?

    Cut the talking point bull****. This matter is too important to discuss "well he's not using the right words! He should have used this word to describe them!"

    You're argument is petty and not worth any ones time. We understand they are our enemy. You can criticize the obama administration for the actions they have taken, or lack there of, but to pretend that they don't even know that ISIS is our enemy is laughable. It's such a stupid talking point that if you say it you should be dismissed from the discussion from the onset.

    Leave the discussion to the people that actually want to discuss what is in our best interest and what actions we should take and the consequences thereof. Not stupid stuff like "he hasn't defined them as an enemy!"


    Try again.....whats their real name? So save all that BS they are using the correct terminology. He knows exactly who they are.....but that goes against what he told an entire planet.

  9. #49
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    It's not an attempt to apologize for the jihadists. One can look at the full text of his speech and see that he is absolutely condemning them.

    What it is attempting is to completely and utterly detach the actions of ISIS from Islam in any fashion, to paint it as something wholey different and unrelated, and something that should not be used to any degree as a reflection on the current situation of the religion of Islam.

    Which is interest, becuase I can not recall ever once seeing him nor any liberal attempting to detach the Crusades from Christianity as something wholey different and unrelated, and something that should not be used to any degree as a reflection on the situation of the religion of Christian, past or present.
    Well stated. Exactly on point.

  10. #50
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,968

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Try again.....whats their real name? So save all that BS they are using the correct terminology. He knows exactly who they are.....but that goes against what he told an entire planet.
    ISIS or ISIL, depending on which term you want to use. The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria/Levant. What am I missing? He says that all the time?

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •