Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 746

Thread: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

  1. #401
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,189

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That is true. However, Jewish kings such as David and Joshua did engage in battle. And even Jesus himself used violence to cleanse the Temple of greedy people.
    Banksters are bad people.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  2. #402
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I said EXACTLY what I meant. Nothing more, nothing less.

    No it isn't because that was certainly violence. The difference in that case is that it was violence committed in the process of the glorification of God. The motivation is key. Jesus was not angry because something that someone had done to him. He was angry that God's property was being misused. That is glorified anger. Do you not realize that anger can be used in the service of God? The motivation must be pure however.
    So....

    Raping, pillaging, beheading, crucifixions, burning people alive are equal to flipping tables.

    Have I summed up your argument well?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #403
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So....

    Raping, pillaging, beheading, crucifixions, burning people alive are equal to flipping tables.

    Have I summed up your argument well?
    Can you read?

  4. #404
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Can you read?
    I am just making sure your argument is actually as crazy as it sounds.

    That you won't openly confirm of deny my summation leaves me to conclude you know your argument is crazy as well.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I am just making sure your argument is actually as crazy as it sounds.

    That you won't openly confirm of deny my summation leaves me to conclude you know your argument is crazy as well.
    Here is something for you. If you believe in the Bible, it is said that one should not bear false witness. I suggest you read what I said, if you can read.

  6. #406
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,273

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I quite disagree. The hatred of Muslims in general is something that needed to be addressed. Far too many don't see the difference, and this requires that leaders point it out.

    And we can use both historic examples and modern examples. We can move from the Crusades to the Salam witch trials to Hitler blessing plans to black church burnings in the south to Christian hate groups of today. He merely used an example everyone should have been familiar with.
    I see, so Christians are the problem, is that it?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #407
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,273

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Conservatives don't. Stupid partisans who are too busy to cheerlead for their team are the ones who miss the point.
    I love irony.
    So, is Andrea Mitchell wrong? Last I heard she's a solid liberal.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #408
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,273

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That is true. However, Jewish kings such as David and Joshua did engage in battle. And even Jesus himself used violence to cleanse the Temple of greedy people.
    Who did Jesus decapitate?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #409
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,273

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Here is something for you. If you believe in the Bible, it is said that one should not bear false witness. I suggest you read what I said, if you can read.
    Your words are in black and white, and if you mean something other than to equate Jesus's anger at money changers doing business in the temple during the Sabbath, and turning over their tables, to beheadings, slaughter of children, and imhillation of a prisoner then by all means clairify it. Because that certainly is how it reads. And it is beyond roll your eyes silly.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Who did Jesus decapitate?
    I will say to you, what I have said to him. If you believe in the Bible, it says that one should not bear false witness. Furthermore it says what happens to those that do. I have engaged in this discussion in good faith and have done my best to tell the truth. I would suggest that for your own good, you go back and read what I said.

Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •