Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 746

Thread: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

  1. #391
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    When Europe was running roughshod all over the world subjecting non-Christians to terror campaigns were they hijacking Christianity?
    Yes, because Jesus and his apostles didn't spread Christianity by the sword.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Neither did they elect him to kiss Saudi Arabia's and Israel's ass.
    LOL !!!

    Unleashing a horde of Islamo-terrorist on the people of Iraq, Libya and the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt is a strange way to show Israel and Saudi Arabia that your'e not going to " kiss their ass " anymore.

    Who in their right mind thought to themselves before pulling the lever for Obama " Man I hope he makes it easy as hell for Isis to rage across the Middle East. That'll teach Israel and Saudi Arabia !! "
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Yes, because Jesus and his apostles didn't spread Christianity by the sword.
    That is true. However, Jewish kings such as David and Joshua did engage in battle. And even Jesus himself used violence to cleanse the Temple of greedy people.

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !!!

    Unleashing a horde of Islamo-terrorist on the people of Iraq, Libya and the Sinai Peninsula of Egypt is a strange way to show Israel and Saudi Arabia that your'e not going to " kiss their ass " anymore.

    Who in their right mind thought to themselves before pulling the lever for Obama " Man I hope he makes it easy as hell for Isis to rage across the Middle East. That'll teach Israel and Saudi Arabia !! "
    The point is they did not elect Obama to appease Saudi Arabia by using direct U.S. military power to topple Assad. Neither did they elect Obama to use direct military power to attack Iran to appease Israel. Why are you advocating the appeasement of Saudi Arabia and Israel in this way?

  5. #395
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    That is true. However, Jewish kings such as David and Joshua did engage in battle.
    The Crusades were specifically ignoring the teachings of Christ. Your argument only works with Jews. Christians are tasked with emulating Jesus, not David or Joshua.

    And even Jesus himself used violence to cleanse the Temple of greedy people.
    Would we be talking about the Crusades today if the crusaders just turned over a few tables in a mosque once?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #396
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    The Crusades were specifically ignoring the teachings of Christ. Your argument only works with Jews. Christians are tasked with emulating Jesus, not David or Joshua.
    You totally right. Very, very good point. That said, there are aspects of the Old Testament that Jesus did want his followers to adhere to. But again, I agree with you here. I yield that point because it is a very strong one and is something that I feel strongly about myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Would we be talking about the Crusades today if the crusaders just turned over a few tables in a mosque once?
    The point is this, although Jesus taught non-violence with regards to one's personal situation, when it came to directly disrespecting God, he was violent. Therefore you cannot say that violence has absolutely no place in Christianity. However, that should be reserved for someone, like Jesus, whose sole motivation is to please God.
    Last edited by MildSteel; 02-09-15 at 08:50 PM.

  7. #397
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    You totally right. Very, very good point. That said, there are aspects of the Old Testament that Jesus did want his followers to adhere to. But again, I agree with you here. I yield that point because it is a very strong one and is something that I feel strongly about myself.

    The point is this, although Jesus taught non-violence with regards to one's personal situation, when it came to directly disrespecting God, he was violent. Therefore you cannot say that violence has absolutely no place in Christianity. However, that should be reserved for someone, like Jesus, whose sole motivation is to please God.
    I would have liked this comment but for the second part. Are you saying that Jesus condoned burning cities and slaughter because he flipped a table? The net you cast with the word "violence" is absurdly huge.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Are you saying that Jesus condoned burning cities and slaughter because he flipped a table?
    I said EXACTLY what I meant. Nothing more, nothing less.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    The net you cast with the word "violence" is absurdly huge.
    No it isn't because that was certainly violence. The difference in that case is that it was violence committed in the process of the glorification of God. The motivation is key. Jesus was not angry because something that someone had done to him. He was angry that God's property was being misused. That is glorified anger. Do you not realize that anger can be used in the service of God? The motivation must be pure however.

  9. #399
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,211

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    The point is they did not elect Obama to appease Saudi Arabia by using direct U.S. military power to topple Assad. Neither did they elect Obama to use direct military power to attack Iran to appease Israel. Why are you advocating the appeasement of Saudi Arabia and Israel in this way?


    There was never any need for our Military to attack anyone.

    The presence of American Military forces alone kept the Isis thugs at bay.

    By removing, ( against the advice of some of his closest aides ) every semblance of American militarily assets he enabled the expansion of Islamo-fascist thugs into previously secure territories.

    Then he tried to draw ridiculous and desperate parallels by bringing up the crusades and slavery in a attempt to mitigate their terrorist actions.

    Actions that he's partially repsonsible for.

    Someone needs to teach Obama about the " Abolitionist Movement ". Chances are he would attribute it to " Right Wing Misinformation ".

  10. #400
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    There was never any need for our Military to attack anyone.

    The presence of American Military forces alone kept the Isis thugs at bay.

    By removing, ( against the advice of some of his closest aides ) every semblance of American militarily assets he enabled the expansion of Islamo-fascist thugs into previously secure territories.

    Then he tried to draw ridiculous and desperate parallels by bringing up the crusades and slavery in a attempt to mitigate their terrorist actions.

    Actions that he's partially repsonsible for.

    Someone needs to teach Obama about the " Abolitionist Movement ". Chances are he would attribute it to " Right Wing Misinformation ".
    The point is this, Saudi Arabia was very angry at Obama when he did not use U.S. military force to topple Assad. Not only that, but Israel does not want a nuclear deal with Iran. The only other option is force.

Page 40 of 75 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •