Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 746

Thread: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

  1. #201
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Faked numbers huh? Ya think I should accept the Bush administrations numbers, lol. So tell me apdst, how man civilians do you say we killed in Iraq, 3? And what on earth has Brian Williams got to do with this.
    Not 300 thousand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #202
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Apparently I misunderstood your post. I thought you were the one accusing Obama of aiding and abetting the enemy, sorry for that.
    I don't know the quoting function as well as I should, so I cut and paste the previous posters complete comments. I can see how that might have led you to your misunderstanding.

    So no harm. I do remain baffled by the reluctance of the Obama Administration to label obvious terrorist acts for what they are. If there is a reason for such a policy, I haven't seen an explanation for it.

  3. #203
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I suspect that the same people criticizing Obama for not labeling the Fort Hood shooting as an act of terror are the same people that complained when he assassinated the Fort Hood shooter's mentor, al-Awlaki in Yemen. Some people are just whiners and impossible to please.

    Motives for mass killings are numerous but you've decided that yelling Allah Akbar makes it an act of terrorism? Would yelling "in God's name" while slaughtering people at an abortion clinic or "holy cow, batman" while slaughtering people in a theater make it an act of terrorism or is the label just for Muslims?



    I'm not the one that called it a 'mislabeling', you did.

    During the GWBush years, conservatives were labeling anyone and everyone that didn't agree with them as terrorists and still do. So perhaps the word 'terrorism' just doesn't mean as much as it used to.
    Like many others, it's apparent you have to stretch reality to the point of breaking to think the logic of your argument makes any sense.

    At present, terrorists are causing havoc around the world in the name of their god. Tens of thousands of videos and propaganda pieces exist where Allah Akbar is chanted, yelled, etc. by these terrorist fighters. The recent terrorist attacks in France produced videos of the terrorists yelling Allah Akbar in the street.

    The Ft Hood terrorist had converted and communicated with known terrorist instigators. He yelled Allah Akbar while eviscerating unsuspecting victims. Only the most desperate and warped minds can try to view that event as something other than a terrorist attack.

    Terrorist means what it means. PC efforts won't change that. It remains a mystery why the Obama Administration, and I guess, people like you, have such a difficult time calling events for what they are.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Like many others, it's apparent you have to stretch reality to the point of breaking to think the logic of your argument makes any sense.

    At present, terrorists are causing havoc around the world in the name of their god. Tens of thousands of videos and propaganda pieces exist where Allah Akbar is chanted, yelled, etc. by these terrorist fighters. The recent terrorist attacks in France produced videos of the terrorists yelling Allah Akbar in the street.

    The Ft Hood terrorist had converted and communicated with known terrorist instigators. He yelled Allah Akbar while eviscerating unsuspecting victims. Only the most desperate and warped minds can try to view that event as something other than a terrorist attack.

    Terrorist means what it means. PC efforts won't change that. It remains a mystery why the Obama Administration, and I guess, people like you, have such a difficult time calling events for what they are.


    Heya Ocean. Well a couple of Historians came out to help BO. Just another field of people who disagree with him. Like the Historian said from London. To suggest a causal link between ISIS and the distant medieval phenomenon of the Crusades is “grounded in the manipulation and misrepresentation of historical evidence.


    Historians Weigh in on Obama's Comparison of ISIS Militants to Medieval Christian Crusaders.....

    Meanwhile, historians have been quick to discourage a link between ISIS and the Crusaders, who fought to reclaim holy lands in the Middle East nearly 900 years ago.

    “I don’t think the president knows very much about the crusades,” Thomas Madden, a historian at the University of St. Louis, told ABC News. “He seems to be casting them as an example of a distortion of Christianity and trying to compare that to what he sees as a distortion of Islam in the actions of ISIS,” Madden said. “The initial goal of the Crusades was to give back lands to Christians that been conquered, due to Muslim conquests.”

    Thomas Asbridge, a historian at the University of London, said in a statement to ABC News, “It is true to say, that by modern standards, atrocities were committed by crusaders, as they were by their Muslim opponents, it is however, far less certain that, by medieval standards, crusading violence could be categorized as distinctly extreme in all instances.” Asbridge said he doesn’t have a problem with the president reminding the world that the Christian Church “advocated violence, and at times even encouraged its adherents to engage in warfare” but to suggest a causal link between ISIS and the distant medieval phenomenon of the Crusades is “grounded in the manipulation and misrepresentation of historical evidence.”.....snip~

    https://gma.yahoo.com/historians-wei...233947247.html

  5. #205
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Ocean. Well a couple of Historians came out to help BO. Just another field of people who disagree with him. Like the Historian said from London. To suggest a causal link between ISIS and the distant medieval phenomenon of the Crusades is “grounded in the manipulation and misrepresentation of historical evidence.


    Historians Weigh in on Obama's Comparison of ISIS Militants to Medieval Christian Crusaders.....

    Meanwhile, historians have been quick to discourage a link between ISIS and the Crusaders, who fought to reclaim holy lands in the Middle East nearly 900 years ago.

    “I don’t think the president knows very much about the crusades,” Thomas Madden, a historian at the University of St. Louis, told ABC News. “He seems to be casting them as an example of a distortion of Christianity and trying to compare that to what he sees as a distortion of Islam in the actions of ISIS,” Madden said. “The initial goal of the Crusades was to give back lands to Christians that been conquered, due to Muslim conquests.”

    Thomas Asbridge, a historian at the University of London, said in a statement to ABC News, “It is true to say, that by modern standards, atrocities were committed by crusaders, as they were by their Muslim opponents, it is however, far less certain that, by medieval standards, crusading violence could be categorized as distinctly extreme in all instances.” Asbridge said he doesn’t have a problem with the president reminding the world that the Christian Church “advocated violence, and at times even encouraged its adherents to engage in warfare” but to suggest a causal link between ISIS and the distant medieval phenomenon of the Crusades is “grounded in the manipulation and misrepresentation of historical evidence.”.....snip~

    https://gma.yahoo.com/historians-wei...233947247.html
    Hi MMC

    I continue to struggle with the Obama Administration and their apologists, when it comes to the posturing they go through on a regular basis. The President's speech at the National Prayer Breakfast is just another example of this posturing. Ruminating over classifications of obvious terrorist actions is another.

    Perhaps I'm blind to an obvious end game they have in mind, but the optics are disturbing to me, and it appears many millions of people.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Hi MMC

    I continue to struggle with the Obama Administration and their apologists, when it comes to the posturing they go through on a regular basis. The President's speech at the National Prayer Breakfast is just another example of this posturing. Ruminating over classifications of obvious terrorist actions is another.

    Perhaps I'm blind to an obvious end game they have in mind, but the optics are disturbing to me, and it appears many millions of people.


    Well, now the Democrats can come out with their Liberal and Progressive brethren and jump all over this London Historian. As he just got done embarrassing BO Peep. You know how they get with the acting out, when something like this happens.

  7. #207
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, now the Democrats can come out with their Liberal and Progressive brethren and jump all over this London Historian. As he just got done embarrassing BO Peep. You know how they get with the acting out, when something like this happens.
    Yes I do. It would seem it usually requires attack of a single source, while ignoring the multitude who have reached the same conclusion.

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Yes I do. It would seem it usually requires attack of a single source, while ignoring the multitude who have reached the same conclusion.
    Well, they can't just be worried about Netanyahu embarrassing BO. I am sure a few of them are already calling Cameron in the UK.

  9. #209
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by solletica View Post
    Considering that 500,000 were killed for not leaving him alone. . .

    Iraq Death Toll Reaches 500,000 Since Start Of U.S.-Led Invasion, New Study Says

    FYI, 500,000 > 300,000. You can use your fingers to count these nos. (since righties don't know arithmetic :Lol: ).
    Who killed those 500 thousand?

    By that stupid logic, millions of deaths could have been prevented had we left Hitler alone. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #210
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, Saddam only murdered 300 thousand Iraqis. We should a left him alne.
    500,000 were killed for not leaving him alone. . . :

    Iraq Death Toll Reaches 500,000 Since Start Of U.S.-Led Invasion, New Study Says

    500,000 > 300,000. You can use your fingers to count to 500,000 to see how large it is (since righties don't know arithmetic) compared to 300,000.

    The following individual from Sesame Street will teach you how to do this. . .


Page 21 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •