Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 746

Thread: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

  1. #191
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,526
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    No it says they wanted us out of Iraq and still feel that way although you might not agree.
    I didn't want us there in the first place. And I don't want any of our military put in harms way in a war they aren't allowed to fight, aren't allowed to win, and don't even have a plan for what they are supposed to accomplish. But the fact is, we were there and we left against the advice of all the top military advisors. And if Fearless Leader keeps to his timetable for withdrawing from Afghanistan too soon, the same thing will happen there and it will be against the advice of all the top military advisors, including many top Democrats.

    Even now even the Democrats are wavering on whether to trust Obama with war powers to mobilize the military in other hot spots in the Middle East.

    Nothing is a simple as it seems and we seem to have a President who is utterly clueless when it comes to critical thinking, taking advice from experts, or knowing how to handle bad situations.

    Which is why he is probably completely clueless as to why his remarks at the Prayer Breakfast were offensive and ignorant to so many.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  2. #192
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Who gives a ****?

    Why is the name of the enemy so much of an issue with the Obama camp?
    The main person complaining about what people call the group is MMC, and I don't think he can be described as in Obamas camp

  3. #193
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,526
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob N View Post
    I'm pretty much sure that "all faiths" covers the spectrum.
    Oh I see. Christianity is different from 'all faiths' then? That really clears that up.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  4. #194
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What's your point with those faked numbers? You don't get tired of posting lies? Inbet you're a huge fan of Brian Williams.
    Faked numbers huh? Ya think I should accept the Bush administrations numbers, lol. So tell me apdst, how man civilians do you say we killed in Iraq, 3? And what on earth has Brian Williams got to do with this.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #195
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,981

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Wait.....what does BO's former US Joint Chief of Staff of the Army say? Seems he doesn't.
    But Al-Qaeda does. Are you really telling me you know better than the leadership of Al-Qaeda who they consider to be Al-Qaeda? Even 6 year old boys aren't so stupid as to think they can tell another group who is or isn't in their club.

    By the way, nothing in your link says anything about whether ISIS is currently affiliated with Al-Qaeda. So not only is Al-Qaeda themselves telling you ISIS isn't part of Al-Qaeda, your link doesn't say otherwise.

    Not surprisingly, you're not letting facts get in the way of BS.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Hm.

    Roll this around in your head for a second:

    President Obama shouldn't be lecturing us on whether or not ISIL's actions are right or wrong or whether or not slavery was right or wrong. Doesn't he know that President Washington led an army against the Whiskey Rebellion?


    Now. Doesn't that seem kinda sorta.... stupid? Sort of like an argument trying to tie together completely disconnected events that took place centuries apart because one actor shares a title with one from a previous era is kinda.... dumb?
    I'm sorry, are you trying to say Jim Crow laws and the Ku Klux Klan was "centuries" ago? And you have the nerve to call someone else dumb?

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And in our decade of fighting there, we killed another 2-300,000!!!!! What's your point?
    "We"? No, it was Islamists who were murdering the Iraqi people, just as they are doing today. The Iraqi people, for the firsy=t time in their long history, finally had the opportunity to vote, despite death threats from the Islamists.

    Had the 40,000 troops remained in Iraq, as the military wanted, many thousands of lives would have been saved and ISIS would be dust.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But Al-Qaeda does. Are you really telling me you know better than the leadership of Al-Qaeda who they consider to be Al-Qaeda? Even 6 year old boys aren't so stupid as to think they can tell another group who is or isn't in their club.

    By the way, nothing in your link says anything about whether ISIS is currently affiliated with Al-Qaeda. So not only is Al-Qaeda themselves telling you ISIS isn't part of Al-Qaeda, your link doesn't say otherwise.

    Not surprisingly, you're not letting facts get in the way of BS.


    I'm sorry, are you trying to say Jim Crow laws and the Ku Klux Klan was "centuries" ago? And you have the nerve to call someone else dumb?
    Actually Barrack Obama has his history all wrong, his analogies confused, and is one of the best examples of why Affirmative Action is one of the worst ideas every devised by leftist, and racist, screwballs.

  8. #198
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually Barrack Obama has his history all wrong, his analogies confused, and is one of the best examples of why Affirmative Action is one of the worst ideas every devised by leftist, and racist, screwballs.
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I searched two pages of the BN forum, and couldn't find this story anywhere, and my apologies if it was already posted...But, come on folks....Give me a damned break! This would be like Churchill during WWII telling us that although the Nazi's were bad, that maybe they were justified for what the Moore's did centuries earlier....It's a load of crap!


    There is no equivalency....It's a false narrative that once again leads some to believe that Obama protects, and runs cover for terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Hm.

    Roll this around in your head for a second:
    President Obama shouldn't be lecturing us on whether or not ISIL's actions are right or wrong or whether or not slavery was right or wrong. Doesn't he know that President Washington led an army against the Whiskey Rebellion?


    Now. Doesn't that seem kinda sorta.... stupid? Sort of like an argument trying to tie together completely disconnected events that took place centuries apart because one actor shares a title with one from a previous era is kinda.... dumb?
    Man, you Christians sure do get livid when a negro says Christianity was anything other than perfect. At no point did he excuse ISIS's actions in any way, shape or form. He called them evil barbarians and is currently waging a bombing campaign against them, supporting the local nations. I find it extremely sad that you guys seem to have run out of actual things to whine about that you have to make things up that he never said or even implied.

    We're not gearing up for another war like you'd like because the American people don't want another war, and Obama is respecting our wish.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 02-07-15 at 03:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    But Al-Qaeda does. Are you really telling me you know better than the leadership of Al-Qaeda who they consider to be Al-Qaeda? Even 6 year old boys aren't so stupid as to think they can tell another group who is or isn't in their club.

    By the way, nothing in your link says anything about whether ISIS is currently affiliated with Al-Qaeda. So not only is Al-Qaeda themselves telling you ISIS isn't part of Al-Qaeda, your link doesn't say otherwise.

    Not surprisingly, you're not letting facts get in the way of BS.
    Were you still going to say that ISIS isn't working with AQ? Or isn't still part of them......since they include them in their Caliphate?

    Look I know you have difficulties and just can't fathom that ISIS was AQIL. Obviously most already know this fact. Then they morphed into the Islamic State brought on by Baghdadi's split from the Z-Man. While still maintaining their ties. Now I know even you can understand that Point. What do you think the General meant by Outgrowth?

    Moreover all now, know ISIS, Al Nusra of AQ and AQAP are all working together in Syria with another named Khorasan. Whom BO also came out and told all how they are the Upper Ranks of AQ. He did manage to let that slip out.....despite his narrative AQ is on the run. Or that they are a former shadow of themselves.

    Did you believe what your BO peep says or not?

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Obama condemns those who seek to 'hijack religion'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    "We"? No, it was Islamists who were murdering the Iraqi people, just as they are doing today. The Iraqi people, for the firsy=t time in their long history, finally had the opportunity to vote, despite death threats from the Islamists.
    Had the 40,000 troops remained in Iraq, as the military wanted, many thousands of lives would have been saved and ISIS would be dust.
    `
    Had we not immorally invaded Iraq on false pretenses to start with, none of this would have happened.

Page 20 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •