Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 206

Thread: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Bulll****! Obama played two usual, "but...but...they did it tooooo!"
    Why debate when you can equivocate?

    This guy is an empty suit and always has been.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Whatever.

    NEVER believe ANYTHING from a major news source...especially about military matters.

    What kind of air strikes? How many planes were involved? What types of planes were involved? What targets did they hit? How heavily defended were they? How much ordinance was dropped? How much of it actually hit the target?

    This could be anything from a large scale strike on military targets to a couple of older fighter/bombers dropping a few bombs on a lightly defended house.

    And remember, most news people are incredibly ignorant about military equipment and tactics. Always get confirmation from other sources before you believe ANY details they give out.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Whatever.

    NEVER believe ANYTHING from a major news source...especially about military matters.

    What kind of air strikes? How many planes were involved? What types of planes were involved? What targets did they hit? How heavily defended were they? How much ordinance was dropped? How much of it actually hit the target?

    This could be anything from a large scale strike on military targets to a couple of older fighter/bombers dropping a few bombs on a lightly defended house.

    And remember, most news people are incredibly ignorant about military equipment and tactics. Always get confirmation from other sources before you believe ANY details they give out.
    Reports I have seen say 20 F-16's were used, striking the capital of ISIS, raqqa.
    Remember, this is an arab military Im not expecting to get all of the details, why do they need to be provided?

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Reports I have seen say 20 F-16's were used, striking the capital of ISIS, raqqa.
    Remember, this is an arab military Im not expecting to get all of the details, why do they need to be provided?
    Why?

    Because obviously the Jordanian government wants to look tough after their pilot got burned alive.

    But there is a huge difference between bombing useless, lightly defended targets so they can tell the world they 'struck back' and actually taking on ISIS head on.
    And if it was 20 F-16's, how did they attack? Was it dropping bombs from 20,000+ feet (where they are safe from ISIS who have few if any guided AA missiles to my knowledge). What kind of bombs? Are they just dropping iron bombs on a town from 5 miles up? Or are they precision bombs?
    I simply wish to know how serious they really are about this.
    Dropping dumb bombs from 20-30,000 feet on a large town is hardly going to do much but kill a lot of innocent civilians.

    And if these attacks are going to continue, are they going to be in this strength because 20 F-16's represents a large percentage of those that Jordan has? Or will the strikes become token gestures and this first strike (if true) was just to make a statement?


    Plus, major media sources are traditionally useless when it comes to military reporting.

    Why people believe so readily what they are told by major media sources - especially about military matters which are filtered through government sources - is totally beyond me. I believe almost NOTHING they say until I see unbiased confirmation.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-06-15 at 04:37 AM.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:10 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,472

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post

    It must make ISIS very happy to see Americans attack and undermine their own leaders and country.
    Last edited by Moot; 02-06-15 at 04:53 AM.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Why?

    Because obviously the Jordanian government wants to look tough after their pilot got burned alive.

    But there is a huge difference between bombing useless, lightly defended targets so they can tell the world they 'struck back' and actually taking on ISIS head on.
    And if it was 20 F-16's, how did they attack? Was it dropping bombs from 20,000+ feet (where they are safe from ISIS who have few if any guided AA missiles to my knowledge). What kind of bombs? Are they just dropping iron bombs on a town from 5 miles up? Or are they precision bombs?
    I simply wish to know how serious they really are about this.
    Dropping dumb bombs from 20-30,000 feet on a large town is hardly going to do much but kill a lot of innocent civilians.

    And if these attacks are going to continue, are they going to be in this strength because 20 F-16's represents a large percentage of those that Jordan has? Or will the strikes become token gestures and this first strike (if true) was just to make a statement?


    Plus, major media sources are traditionally useless when it comes to military reporting.

    Why people believe so readily what they are told by major media sources - especially about military matters which are filtered through government sources - is totally beyond me. I believe almost NOTHING they say until I see unbiased confirmation.
    Sounds like theres some set of technical facts that you need to see. Odd thats the standard you set.
    Jordan has stated they plan to continue attacks and to train forces in Syria. Im sure you can find more out there, but instead it might be easier to just remain suspicious.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    It must make ISIS very happy to see Americans attack and undermine their own leaders and country.
    Dear Leader is lucky to have you, isn't he?

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Sounds like theres some set of technical facts that you need to see. Odd thats the standard you set.
    Jordan has stated they plan to continue attacks and to train forces in Syria. Im sure you can find more out there, but instead it might be easier to just remain suspicious.
    And it's odd you take Jordan's word for it.

    I will keep that in mind when I have some swamp land...er...waterfront properties to sell.


    Good day.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-06-15 at 05:33 AM.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    And it's odd you take Jordan's word for it.

    I will keep that in mind when I have some swamp land...er...waterfront properties to sell.


    Good day.
    I dont see a good reason to believe Jordan is lying here. How committed they are remains to be seen, but these attacks happened.

  10. #80
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    King Abdullah is a brilliant statesman, diplomat and leader. He's a rare jewel in global politics, a man respected by his people because he strives to serve them, not oppress them. He's been an excellent friend and ally to the west, but always looks to what his own people need without apparent interest in expanding his own personal power.

    I have admired him for decades. He has just displayed yet another reason why he's worthy of that admiration. Kudos to the king, who gave his people what they needed and always respects the unique tribal nuances in service to all Jordanians. A genuinely good man.
    Jordan is my hero right now, they are responding appropriately. I hope they continue to show this kind of leadership.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •