Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 206

Thread: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

  1. #11
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS


  2. #12
    Progressive Libertarian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Anglosphere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,148
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It seems almost like he's trying his utmost vein-throbbingly bluest-in-the-face among world leaders to defend and de-demonize ISIS. Not only are his arguments irrelevant, they are disgusting.
    "It's a big club, and you ain't in it! The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged. It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it..." - George Carlin

  3. #13
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,404

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I'm not sure committing US forces (ground forces, presumably) is a good idea, but I must say I'm impressed by a world leader who will actually go into combat personally.
    When has there been one before? Queen Elizabeth stayed in London to be bombed, but since Poland's Sobieski and the Khans, who has taken up the sword before.

    I would follow this guy, Presidents and senators, governors and congressmen whose kids will never have to fight make war easily, always have. But a king who goes into battle will have a fine army.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  4. #14
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbazorkzog View Post
    It seems almost like he's trying his utmost vein-throbbingly bluest-in-the-face among world leaders to defend and de-demonize ISIS. Not only are his arguments irrelevant, they are disgusting.
    Not only disgusting, but out-and-out lies. His claim that 99.9% of Muslims don't agree with ISIS is plain wrong. Studies have shown that in Egypt, Pakistan and Afghanistan, three of our supposed "friends" in the Middle East, between 64-78% of the Muslim population is in favor of execution for anyone who leaves Islam. 99.9% disagree my ass.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #15
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,404

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post

    Did I just enter the ****ing twilight zone?

    What, in the name of anything does the crusades have to do with providing safety and security for a nation? At a prayer breakfast, where the nation looks for guidance and assurance, what is a 'leader' doing when he raises the country's own black eyes, "slavery", always "slavery" like there have been no other social ills. Not how the Us raped the natives of their land, he says nothing of Mai Lai in Vietnam, the Dresden bombing; all of which are worthy of mention if the crusades and slavery are to get top billing../.

    which is my way of saying why go there? The nation as been at war with Islamic terrorists since the early 1990's, all out war for 15 years that has not progressed but lost territory...why does he want the nation thinking about atrocities at all, and not "praying" for a resolution?

    This isn't about atrocities or even lives lost to him, but image, the image that he was right about there not being any terrorists any more; he needs to change their image now to save his own.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  6. #16
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Not only disgusting, but out-and-out lies. His claim that 99.9% of Muslims don't agree with ISIS is plain wrong. Studies have shown that in Egypt, Pakistan and Afghanistan, three of our supposed "friends" in the Middle East, between 64-78% of the Muslim population is in favor of execution for anyone who leaves Islam. 99.9% disagree my ass.
    It is wrong. I've heard and read that about 30 percent of Muslims fully support and condone ISIS. If true, think about how many people that is. About 450 million. I think that's why moderate Muslims don't speak out much. They're surrounded.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Did I just enter the ****ing twilight zone?

    What, in the name of anything does the crusades have to do with providing safety and security for a nation? At a prayer breakfast, where the nation looks for guidance and assurance, what is a 'leader' doing when he raises the country's own black eyes, "slavery", always "slavery" like there have been no other social ills. Not how the Us raped the natives of their land, he says nothing of Mai Lai in Vietnam, the Dresden bombing; all of which are worthy of mention if the crusades and slavery are to get top billing../.

    which is my way of saying why go there? The nation as been at war with Islamic terrorists since the early 1990's, all out war for 15 years that has not progressed but lost territory...why does he want the nation thinking about atrocities at all, and not "praying" for a resolution?

    This isn't about atrocities or even lives lost to him, but image, the image that he was right about there not being any terrorists any more; he needs to change their image now to save his own.
    It's beyond comprehension. To compare Medieval times to today just makes you wonder what kind of muck is rattling around in that brainpan of his.

  8. #18
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,404

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's beyond comprehension. To compare Medieval times to today just makes you wonder what kind of muck is rattling around in that brainpan of his.
    Good point, but its an even worse choice because of that...

    Is he "justifying" the horrors of ISIS? Trying to mitigate them? Insulate the people a bit, tell them they need show compassion and understanding?

    It is a strange way to rally support for troops whose lives are on the line, sends them a very tortured message "wait, should I drop these bombs on ISIS or am I being a crusader like the president says?"

    I mean, what exactly is this soi capable communicator trying to say to the nation and the men and women fighting for it?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #19
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,404

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Not only disgusting, but out-and-out lies. His claim that 99.9% of Muslims don't agree with ISIS is plain wrong. Studies have shown that in Egypt, Pakistan and Afghanistan, three of our supposed "friends" in the Middle East, between 64-78% of the Muslim population is in favor of execution for anyone who leaves Islam. 99.9% disagree my ass.
    If 99.9% of all of Islam disagrees with ISIS, where is their money coming from?

    Oh wait, "you can keep your plan......."
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #20
    Professor
    Jaygodmedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    City of angles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,280
    Blog Entries
    16

    Re: Jordan Unleashes Wrath on ISIS

    well i wouldn't call it a wrath what are they using anyway f-16? so my question is has Jordan declared wwar aganist Syria?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •