Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 437

Thread: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    There are two lifelong friends. They each were high school football stars. Now they are each older, balding, overweight men. Similar as they are, one is a Republican and one is Democrat. The Republican looks in the mirror and sees the high school football player with cheerleaders on his arms. He smiles and says "What a stud I am". The Democrat looks in the mirror and sees a balding, overweight older man and says "I am fat. I need to get to the gym". Which one hates himself?
    Nice story. Neither one. Now let's get back to the blame America crowd, nearly all of whom are authoritarian statists and ask the same question. You already know the answer. Authoritarian statists love control and power, not the people nor the country.

  2. #362
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Those who get recruited into ISIL don't generally get their news from Western Media, and they certainly don't get their Jihad Updates from there. Once the video was on twitter, it was already in the hands of everyone who could be operationalized by it.
    Twitter is a media outlet. Youtube is a media outlet. Facebook is a media outlet.

  3. #363
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,141

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Jordanian jets hit ISIS targets in Syria

    February 5, 2015

    Jordanian jets carried out air strikes against Islamic State targets in Syria Thursday and then flew back over the village of the Jordanian pilot who was burned alive by militants, Jordan TV reports.
    Good job


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

    Repeal and Replace Trump.

  4. #364
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    To the extent that you're correct in your analysis, you're by extension proving the point that, without exposure of IS brutality, opposition in the west will not be sufficient to present the military challenge needed to stop them. Not to be disrespectful, but most Americans are quite insular and far more interested in what affects them directly in their daily lives than in what is happening in a neighboring city let alone half way around the world. Unless they are hit with it directly, they don't believe it exists.

    At this point in time, IS is winning the PR war and the Obama Administration could take some lessons from them on how to win an advertising campaign.
    1) When was the last time Canada took the lead on anything involving a foreign nation ahead of token jumping on US coattails?

    2) I do not support US military intervention in the Middle East until the Middle East countries themselves take the lead in this fight, and we simply supply/finance them in their fight.

    3) The US has been at war with terror a few days longer than Canada regardless.

  5. #365
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Twitter is a media outlet. Youtube is a media outlet. Facebook is a media outlet.
    Sort of - they are social media outlets on which you can rapidly spread electronic media (such as videos).

    The point was simply that "CNN shouldn't be focusing on this" is missing the point if the argument follows "because it helps them recruit".

  6. #366
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    1) When was the last time Canada took the lead on anything involving a foreign nation ahead of token jumping on US coattails?

    2) I do not support US military intervention in the Middle East until the Middle East countries themselves take the lead in this fight, and we simply supply/finance them in their fight.

    3) The US has been at war with terror a few days longer than Canada regardless.
    He is correct. Americans do need to be continually reminded about why it's important to fight these people or they will lose interest. Think about how many times you've heard that the American people were "tired" of the war. Tired from what? Hearing about it on the news? The only people actually tired from the war were those engaged in it, but Americans ran around talking about how tired they were from it.

  7. #367
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Mr. Will, or Mr. Lewis??????? I'll have to contemplate that one for a bit.

    The report’s author, Lawrence Lewis, a researcher at the federally funded Center for Naval Analyses who possesses a top-security clearance, dissected secret data on U.S. air attacks in Afghanistan from mid-2010 to mid-2011 — the peak of unmanned drone use during the war, executed under the command of former Gen. David Petraeus.
    the guy had the same clearance I did at the time, and was studying what I did, which was targeting. Furthermore, he was doing so well outside of his area of expertise, given that he was a CNA employee. Which is probably why he made such a basic error in assuming that platforms made the difference instead of mission, munitions-load, and combined effects mitigation - because he's not an air guy. He's a boat guy.

    Don't get me wrong, CNA is made up of some great professionals - when I was looking at breaking down the North Korean Kongbang threat, I made extensive use of their material. But in this case either this guy made some very basic errors, or (just as likely) the media reporting on him have.


    Furthermore (and isn't this interesting) his material was incomplete at best, as much of it isn't stored on networks that he has access to. If he was CNA then he was up on regular JWICS.

  8. #368
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    1) When was the last time Canada took the lead on anything involving a foreign nation ahead of token jumping on US coattails?

    2) I do not support US military intervention in the Middle East until the Middle East countries themselves take the lead in this fight, and we simply supply/finance them in their fight.

    3) The US has been at war with terror a few days longer than Canada regardless.
    Canada is currently in a lead role in the fight against IS - our soldiers are on the ground, on the front lines, training Iraqis, and taking and returning fire from IS forces directly.

    I always love when a leftist in America criticizes Canada when Canada and Canadians instigate no problems in the world but are quick to defend those attacked and often are dragged into conflicts because of actions initiated by Americans. Canada does what's right not because it's in our own country's personal self-interest, but because it's right.

    It's good that most people in the west, if not the world, look past the idiotic smugness and xenophobia of the American left and continue to support the general goodness of the American people at large. America still has a lot of friends in the world, Canada included, even thought the asinine comments of some, like yours, make us wonder why we bother some times.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    You seem to think Obama is cool with it.
    Faster reply. I see you are getting faster at licking the screen clear of spittle.

    As in the thread where you posted this crap, you run away with denials.
    Denial, and oh that was sarcasm, or some sort or BS reply is your foxhole to run to.
    Tell ya the truth, you are not worth the effort.

    And as was mentioned on another thread, I wonder if you really are a wannabe.
    You have successfully proven my point. You've refused to acknowledge the fact that you blatantly lied, and then you once again, like any keyboard warrior question service. It's okay though. I too can take things you say and twist them into lies. But I choose not to because I'm not Canadian.

  10. #370
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Canada is currently in a lead role in the fight against IS - our soldiers are on the ground, on the front lines, training Iraqis, and taking and returning fire from IS forces directly.

    I always love when a leftist in America criticizes Canada when Canada and Canadians instigate no problems in the world but are quick to defend those attacked and often are dragged into conflicts because of actions initiated by Americans. Canada does what's right not because it's in our own country's personal self-interest, but because it's right.

    It's good that most people in the west, if not the world, look past the idiotic smugness and xenophobia of the American left and continue to support the general goodness of the American people at large. America still has a lot of friends in the world, Canada included, even thought the asinine comments of some, like yours, make us wonder why we bother some times.
    Well if you are in the lead, then there is no need for us to become involved because Canadians are world renowned for their superiority. In the meantime, if you are willing to sit at home while somebody else dies in your stead, then your smugness is well deserved. I prefer our soldiers not die on a fool's errand. You apparently do not as long as it is not you being sent.

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •