Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 437

Thread: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

  1. #331
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That is correct. In fact, US drone strikes produce civilian casualties at a pretty low rate - far better than the option of ground operations. In the meantime, those we are fighting know full well that the best bet they have to mitigate or reduce strikes is to produce inflated accounts of civilian casualties. I remember one of my buddies in Afghanistan had an incident where a house fired upon them, they returned fire, killed two people, and then insurgents came in, slaughtered a bunch of goats, smeared the blood everywhere, claimed Marines had gunned down 20 civilians, and got CNN to run the story before they were able to run it down. And gullible people back here in the States buy their narratives.
    There are plenty of Western studies condemning the civilian deaths resulting from US military and CIA operations that don't rely on the enemies numbers, in fact you make a silly argument.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #332
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,901

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Now that you've proven my point...
    what are your thoughts on Iran wanting to exterminate the jews? Is that something you're cool with, buck?
    You seem to think Obama is cool with it.
    Faster reply. I see you are getting faster at licking the screen clear of spittle.

    As in the thread where you posted this crap, you run away with denials.
    Denial, and oh that was sarcasm, or some sort or BS reply is your foxhole to run to.
    Tell ya the truth, you are not worth the effort.

    And as was mentioned on another thread, I wonder if you really are a wannabe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  3. #333
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,125

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Victim blaming reaches new lows. Damn those militarised weddings!
    Did you know that during the Revolutionary War, your soldiers locked people inside of churches and then set them on fire?


    [now's the part where you say, no, you stupid yank, that was just a dumb mel gibson movie]
    [and then comes the part where I point out that you're just blaming the victim]
    [and you say that argument is stupid]
    [and then I say, yes, it is stupid, isn't it, to state that pointing out the artificial nature of particular claims of atrocities somehow works out to blaming the victim]

  4. #334
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,125

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    There are plenty of Western studies condemning the civilian deaths resulting from US military and CIA operations that don't rely on the enemies numbers, in fact you make a silly argument.
    Sure. Pakistan, for example, states that approximately 3% of those killed in drone strikes are civilians.

    The issue comes down to methodology. The infamous Lancet study, for example, simply took anyone who would tell them about casualties, and added all those up. Well between everyone's neighbors' cousin knowing-a-guy-who-was-there, the atrocities added up pretty quick, especially when those doing the reporting got into contests to one-up each other. Well I heard that the Americans killed 30 children! Well I heard that they killed 40 children and then raped all the mothers! Okay, so that's 70 dead kids and a mass rape we'll just score there.....

    I've seen the level of preparation that goes into a U.S. strike. Trained to do it and helped do the prep work at one point in my career. The idea that we're out there just blowing people up nilly willy simply doesn't hold water.

  5. #335
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,125

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    You seem to think Obama is cool with it.
    he seems pretty relaxed about it. My bet would be that he doesn't really think that they'll do that, given his tendency to mirror-image.

  6. #336
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,901

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    he seems pretty relaxed about it. My bet would be that he doesn't really think that they'll do that, given his tendency to mirror-image.
    Do you think they would?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Global authorities that the US government conveniently refuses to recognise have correctly condemned civilian casualties by the US military and clandestine agencies. You can ignore it as it pleases you, but that doesn't change the fact.
    "Global authorities"? LOL

    What would you have us do differently?

  8. #338
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Sure. Pakistan, for example, states that approximately 3% of those killed in drone strikes are civilians.

    The issue comes down to methodology. The infamous Lancet study, for example, simply took anyone who would tell them about casualties, and added all those up. Well between everyone's neighbors' cousin knowing-a-guy-who-was-there, the atrocities added up pretty quick, especially when those doing the reporting got into contests to one-up each other. Well I heard that the Americans killed 30 children! Well I heard that they killed 40 children and then raped all the mothers! Okay, so that's 70 dead kids and a mass rape we'll just score there.....

    I've seen the level of preparation that goes into a U.S. strike. Trained to do it and helped do the prep work at one point in my career. The idea that we're out there just blowing people up nilly willy simply doesn't hold water.
    The military knows damn well that the drone program is far more harmful to innocent civilians than the conventional method.

    Drone strikes — billed by President Barack Obama as tactically surgical and less deadly to civilians than conventional air power — are 10 times more likely to cause innocent casualties than bombs or missiles unleashed from U.S. jets, according to a new study based on classified military documents.

    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investig...-jet-v19254842
    Last edited by Montecresto; 02-04-15 at 10:30 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #339
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    "Global authorities"? LOL

    What would you have us do differently?
    Yes, those institutions which are only relevant when they agree with US foreign policy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The military knows damn well that the drone program is far more harmful to innocent civilians than the conventional method.

    Drone strikes — billed by President Barack Obama as tactically surgical and less deadly to civilians than conventional air power — are 10 times more likely to cause innocent casualties than bombs or missiles unleashed from U.S. jets, according to a new study based on classified military documents.

    Study: US drone strikes more likely to kill civilians than US jet fire - NBC News
    Can we get a show of hands? How many people here are hard core anti-Americans who despise this nation?

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •