Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    Despite raised tensions between the U.S. and North Korea recently, there are secret "talks about talks" taking place behind the scenes between the two countries, according to a new report. "The United States and North Korea have been actively discussing the possibility of returning to denuclearization talks, raising the prospect of a new round of diplomacy even as Washington takes a tougher line against Pyongyang.



    "The countries’ nuclear envoys have been discussing the idea of 'talks about talks,' according to multiple people with knowledge of the conversations. But they have not been able to agree on the logistics — in no small part because of North Korea’s continuing Ebola quarantine," reports the Washington Post.


    Cont... U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having

    The NoKo's can really see Obama coming. They saw Cuba and Iran get their ways while giving up nothing and want in. Obama will oblige them.

    Im sure this was floated to see if theres any blowback received.

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    "Talks about talks" is a constant process with North Korea.

    You wanna make hay out of this, go right ahead but this is very normal.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    "Talks about talks" is a constant process with North Korea.

    You wanna make hay out of this, go right ahead but this is very normal.
    Agreed. I feel like they just keep the same "talks about talks" articles and just reprint them once a year

  4. #4
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,101

    Re: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    Wait a minute. Wasn't he killed by Seth Rogan and James Franco?
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,351

    Re: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Despite raised tensions between the U.S. and North Korea recently, there are secret "talks about talks" taking place behind the scenes between the two countries, according to a new report. "The United States and North Korea have been actively discussing the possibility of returning to denuclearization talks, raising the prospect of a new round of diplomacy even as Washington takes a tougher line against Pyongyang.



    "The countries’ nuclear envoys have been discussing the idea of 'talks about talks,' according to multiple people with knowledge of the conversations. But they have not been able to agree on the logistics — in no small part because of North Korea’s continuing Ebola quarantine," reports the Washington Post.


    Cont... U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having

    The NoKo's can really see Obama coming. They saw Cuba and Iran get their ways while giving up nothing and want in. Obama will oblige them.

    Im sure this was floated to see if theres any blowback received.
    They may have to sell weapons to Hezbollah for Obama to want to snuggle with them.

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Agreed. I feel like they just keep the same "talks about talks" articles and just reprint them once a year
    Usually they go nowhere, but every once in awhile you get a Clinton like breakthrough which actually managed to halt the Norths nuclear ambition for a time.

    But alas, the North has never been trustworthy, if anything else you want to talk to the North Koreans and get a sense of who's in charge, get a sense of some of the individuals involved because honestly, knowing more than nothing about your enemy is never a bad thing.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    lol

    North Korea will never get any consessions out of anyone as long as they have nuclear weapons and starves it`s own people.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Usually they go nowhere, but every once in awhile you get a Clinton like breakthrough which actually managed to halt the Norths nuclear ambition for a time.

    But alas, the North has never been trustworthy, if anything else you want to talk to the North Koreans and get a sense of who's in charge, get a sense of some of the individuals involved because honestly, knowing more than nothing about your enemy is never a bad thing.
    I think we should do the following to North Korea and Russia:

    Completely ignore them

  9. #9
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    I think we should do the following to North Korea and Russia:

    Completely ignore them
    Unwise in my honest opinion.

    Lack of communication increases the chances that a major misunderstanding will take place which is what almost happened during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

    That's why the Moscow–Washington hotline was invented.

  10. #10
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: U.S. and North Korea have been secretly discussing having ‘talks about talks’

    "Talks about talks" with the DPRK have been going on forever. They have been going on in the open and in secret. Why some people think diplomacy is such a bad thing is beyond me..


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •