Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 118

Thread: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What this shows is that the liberal brainwashing is working and Gruber has a growing list of uneducated voters. You have no idea what the role of the Federal Govt. is or was intended to be therefore there isn't a tax dollar that you wouldn't spend. The 18.2 trillion dollar debt hasn't solved a social program so your answer is just throw more money at it.

    It's nice that you just admitted that caring for our veterans is the result of liberal brainwashing.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,559

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Where has it been proven that long term a "fix" is required?
    Our debt/gdp ratio cant hold like this forever and ss, medicare and medicaid will be underfunded in a few years.

    Its a fact that fixes are needed and why would you waste time on a short term fix

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Our debt/gdp ratio cant hold like this forever and ss, medicare and medicaid will be underfunded in a few years.

    Its a fact that fixes are needed and why would you waste time on a short term fix
    I won't disagree with your point in principle necessarily; however, it is not as if these problems are unknown, yet investing in us debt instruments is still viewed as one of if not the safest choices in the world, and until that fact changes, and the negative real interest rates vanish, I can't say we actually *have to* "fix" it , especially at the moment. With that said, I would like for every deficit $ spent to be infrastructure fixes. We can all dream, right?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,559

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you have any clue as to the actual role of the Federal Govt? Explain to me why we need a 4.0 trillion dollar Federal Budget.
    Most of that is entitlement spending, you could argue whether or not that is in the scope of the federal govt but that conversation would be about half a century to late. I favor pragmatic solutions over rhetoric.

  5. #25
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    01-30-17 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    theres not some magic fiscal conservative that can come in wave a wand and fix the budget there just isnt a lot to cut out, the problem is entitlements. The democrats talk about fair share and the GOP talks about a flat tax how about they come together and fix the regressive payroll tax. Uncap it and also apply it to anyone who makes the majority of their income from capital gains.
    Entitlements are not THE problem. They are A problem, among many.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Since when?
    I would at least cut every single one of those, and eliminate several.
    “The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.” - Milton Friedman

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    Entitlements are not THE problem. They are A problem, among many.



    I would at least cut every single one of those, and eliminate several.

    Good for you, but it misses the context of why it was presented.

    People (voters) repeatedly show they have no real commitment to cutting the deficit, as the chart reveals.

  7. #27
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    01-30-17 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Good for you, but it misses the context of why it was presented.

    People (voters) repeatedly show they have no real commitment to cutting the deficit, as the chart reveals.
    People repeatedly don't vote on budgets.
    “The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.” - Milton Friedman

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    People repeatedly don't vote on budgets.
    Say what you will about the abysmal members of Congress, but (most of them) are still people. And they vote based on the "promises" they made to their constituents they represent. Those constituents said "You better not cut MY _X__"

  9. #29
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    It's nice that you just admitted that caring for our veterans is the result of liberal brainwashing.
    Keep digging that hole deeper showing how little you know about the budget of the United States and making Gruber look brilliant

  10. #30
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    01-30-17 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: Obama sending Congress $4T budget replete with new spending, taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Say what you will about the abysmal members of Congress, but (most of them) are still people. And they vote based on the "promises" they made to their constituents they represent. Those constituents said "You better not cut MY _X__"
    They vote based on what will buy them the most votes and based on the orders received from the lobbyists and corporations who fill their election coffers. I guess you could have basically been saying the same thing using slightly different wording.
    “The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.” - Milton Friedman

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •