Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You asked this same question earlier in the thread SK, and everyone that you have asked it to has answered you with the same answer that you seemingly ignore only to ask it again later....What is it that you are looking for? The cops were there, and they said that everything was in order with the law and left...So let me throw it back at ya....What from TFA proves he hasn't?

    There is no "law" defining what is "safe".

    So the fact that the cops "showed up and inspected it" does not MEAN it is ACTUALLY SAFE.



    So explain how--- it is determined by the evidence in TFA that you find the range safe.

  2. #32
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Nope, just pointing out the hypocrisy of many on the right.
    By rolling in it yourself? Brilliant! "Hey guys! Look what I almost stepped in!"

    For what it is worth, I am all for states and local governments owning their legislative processes. Im guessing you would probably be pissed if that were the actual case though because those processes have historically gone against liberal causes. However...I have long said...people in California, New York, New Jersey, and places with restrictive gun laws get precisely what they deserve.

  3. #33
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    There is no "law" defining what is "safe".

    So the fact that the cops "showed up and inspected it" does not MEAN it is ACTUALLY SAFE.



    So explain how--- it is determined by the evidence in TFA that you find the range safe.
    If the cops inspected it and it passed their inspection, it's safe. Were it not safe, the cops would say, "hey, this **** isn't safe".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    There is no "law" defining what is "safe".

    So the fact that the cops "showed up and inspected it" does not MEAN it is ACTUALLY SAFE.



    So explain how--- it is determined by the evidence in TFA that you find the range safe.
    So some government agency needs to show up and inspect it?

  5. #35
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,774

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    By rolling in it yourself? Brilliant! "Hey guys! Look what I almost stepped in!"

    For what it is worth, I am all for states and local governments owning their legislative processes. Im guessing you would probably be pissed if that were the actual case though because those processes have historically gone against liberal causes. However...I have long said...people in California, New York, New Jersey, and places with restrictive gun laws get precisely what they deserve.
    So you think the wrong side won the Civil War - oops, sorry, I meant the War of Northern Aggression? Or that stupid 14th Amendment and the 'librul' Supreme Court justices who have 'wrongly' interpreted the Constitution over the past two centuries should be ignored.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  6. #36
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    So you think the wrong side won the Civil War - oops, sorry, I meant the War of Northern Aggression? Or that stupid 14th Amendment and the 'librul' Supreme Court justices who have 'wrongly' interpreted the Constitution over the past two centuries should be ignored.
    I think its ****ing HILARIOUS that people like you think the interpretation of the constitution is only correct when it fits YOUR desires.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    Out of courtesy, whenever I shoot in my backyard I try to use either sub-sonic rounds or wait until the neighbors aren't home.
    Me, too.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,774

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I think its ****ing HILARIOUS that people like you think the interpretation of the constitution is only correct when it fits YOUR desires.
    Always happy when I make people laugh.

    Until recently, precedent usually was a guide for new SCOTUS decisions. What I see now is the corporate takeover of the court, a takeover which is screwing the majority of Americans even though a large number of them think they will benefit. The last time we saw something similar would have been during the last years of the 19th C.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  9. #39
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,367

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, I hear ya....heh, heh....This to me seems like a local thing for the residents to be raising hell about, not a national level problem....However, If I were this guy's neighbor, depending on what's behind that berm he is shooting at, and proximity of the other houses, I know that he and I would be having a serious talk about safety....
    I completely agree with that.

    everything anymore is federal...Washington has its finders in everything
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  10. #40
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    There is no "law" defining what is "safe".

    So the fact that the cops "showed up and inspected it" does not MEAN it is ACTUALLY SAFE.


    So explain how--- it is determined by the evidence in TFA that you find the range safe.
    Well we consider lots of things in our daily lives safe....that arent by your standards.

    Cars, playgrounds, dogs, stoves, hot cups of coffee.....

    And the law 'agrees' with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •