Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

  1. #11
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,721

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Classic. The law has been in place for 27 years. BUT...since the NRA was involved in some sort of lobbying efforts 4 years ago, its the NRAs fault.

    Could it be that in fact it IS legal, safe, and OK and no one has gotten hurt?

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Guy did it in the Keys as well.
    Hemingway approves.

  3. #13
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    01-30-17 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,410

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Funny how when a law is passed people don't like, it's because of the lobbying efforts of the NRA, but when a law is passed that you love, they completely ignore the lobbying efforts of big corporations that got those laws passed. Yay for selective outrage!
    “The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.” - Milton Friedman

  4. #14
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,490

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh I read it, and for the record, I don't think that shooting in your backyard at a 3ft high berm is the smartest thing to be doing....But, if you are
    in disagreement of the law, then work to change the law....


    But, but...

    "they won't let us...."


    "The NRA is too strong.."

    Just have Obama use his phone and his pen....
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  5. #15
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,490

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by LagerHead View Post
    Funny how when a law is passed people don't like, it's because of the lobbying efforts of the NRA, but when a law is passed that you love, they completely ignore the lobbying efforts of big corporations that got those laws passed. Yay for selective outrage!
    I have yet to see the left go ape**** like this when the NEA wins one and children's education slide another notch.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  6. #16
    Student Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mancave hidden deep in the mountains
    Last Seen
    08-09-17 @ 03:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    267

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    No, I'm saying that something can be in compliance with the law {legal} AND NOT BE SAFE because the law doesn't require safe conditions.
    You can make home shooting range safer then the road that's in front of your house.

    But nice try.....

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
    You can make home shooting range safer then the road that's in front of your house.

    But nice try.....
    Key word... can.

    What from tfa proves he has?

  8. #18
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    This is the result of the constant ranting and political power of the NRA. St Petersburg FL has no law, regulation or ordinance that would stop this person, or any other person, from building a shooting range on their property, no matter how close it is to another person's residence.



    Here's the fun part


    More on the story can be read at The Sun-Sentinel website

    Influence of the NRA is noted
    Leave it up to the state of FL.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    How odd. I thought most communities had laws regarding when you could make noise, like 7 am to 9 pm, for example.

    It's hard to visualize how his 'gun range' could be safe in such close quarters to other residences, etc but they didnt say how large his property is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #20
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: St Pete man builds gun range in yard, neighbors outraged

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    But, but...

    "they won't let us...."


    "The NRA is too strong.."

    Just have Obama use his phone and his pen....
    Yeah, I hear ya....heh, heh....This to me seems like a local thing for the residents to be raising hell about, not a national level problem....However, If I were this guy's neighbor, depending on what's behind that berm he is shooting at, and proximity of the other houses, I know that he and I would be having a serious talk about safety....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •