Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 448

Thread: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

  1. #411
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,556

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I couldn't care less. those with hoplophobia ignore all the benefits of gun ownership
    LOL.

    That sounds similar to what an alcoholic says when confronted with the facts of his drinking.

    Man- you guys are getting dismantled by flogger while simultaneously declaring your imminent victory.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #412
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    LOL.

    That sounds similar to what an alcoholic says when confronted with the facts of his drinking.

    Man- you guys are getting dismantled by flogger while simultaneously declaring your imminent victory.
    Yawn-you probably would have told the mayor of Hiroshima he won because the US was out of nukes



  3. #413
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    LOL.

    That sounds similar to what an alcoholic says when confronted with the facts of his drinking.

    Man- you guys are getting dismantled by flogger while simultaneously declaring your imminent victory.
    Its the ongoing defense of the indefensible that beggars belief here. Its analagous to a sort of religious faith that cannot be rationally questioned or analysed however many inconvenient facts you put in its way. Even basic common sense takes a back seat on this issue replaced by worship at the alter of the sacred gun. Its the casual disregard of human life in defence of the weapons that take it that I find the most jarringly incomprehensible frankly.

  4. #414
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Switzerland has a very high rate of legal gun ownership (almost certainly higher than in the even most legal US state) yet you are still 17 times more likely to be killed by a gun there than in the UK
    Just more proof that it's not gun ownership but the factors that people here have tried to explain to you: the issues are highly focused in socio-economic areas with alot of crime and gangs. Which the Swiss have less of by far than the US. So apparently...guns dont cause crime and gun ownership isnt dangerous...criminals are.

    And duh, your dont have gun crime because....the UK doesnt have guns. still has the crime tho....and more than Switz.

    All of this is not real complicated, and yet you fail to understand it. Willful ignorance is generally pretty obvious on the Internetz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #415
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    As a female at home concerned with personal safety consider this. In 2010, nearly 6 times more women were shot by husbands, boyfriends, and ex-partners than murdered by male strangers.
    A woman's chances of being killed by her abuser increase more than 7 times if he has access to a gun.
    One study found that women in states with higher gun ownership rates were 4.9 times more likely to be murdered by a gun than women in states with lower gun ownership rates.

    http://www.vpc.org/studies/wmmw2012.pdf
    Risk Factors for Femicide in Abusive Relationships: Results From a Multisite Case Control Study
    Firearm availability and suicide, homicide, and unintentional firearm deaths among women
    See...you have zero ability to read or process information.

    I live ALONE. I clearly gave you my situation and the scenario.

    You gave me something that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

    Consider yourself Pwned.


    (btw, there's no reason, except society's bias and upbringing, that keeps those women from being able to defend themselves...you showed it...the men are prepared to use force...women should be better prepared to defend themselves...with or without guns.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #416
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    If that were really so then it would not have posted such a deliberately misleading chart
    I think we've already established that you have no ability to interpret chart data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #417
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Did you even try to do the math using the figures from your own chart vs population ?
    We've told you this....in the US it is almost totally concentrated in socio-economically challenged areas and you are trying to apply it to the country *overall.*

    that interpretation is very inaccurate and does not in any way demonstrate the risks to most Americans. Much like the distinction you attempted to make with your *overall* crime rates in the UK. Is everyone in the UK *at the same risk of crime* based on where they live?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    LOL.

    That sounds similar to what an alcoholic says when confronted with the facts of his drinking.

    Man- you guys are getting dismantled by flogger while simultaneously declaring your imminent victory.
    Speaking of alcoholics who dont admit when they have a problem, did you return to apologize or admit you were wrong pretty much every time you read my posts and responded regarding mandatory and voluntary training? Would you still like me to clarify it for you? You seem to have been left out of the discussion.


    I asked you to post the quotes where you said I made claims that training was not beneficial...and you did not. The assumption then is you lied.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I took training that I paid for. Voluntarily. So 'why is training offered at all' is one of the least intelligent things I've read here yet. People do want training. People do pay for it or get it in other ways.

    Again, we're talking about mandatory training and why it needs to be mandated if there's no evidence that training is lacking? And if you dont believe there's no data to support it, please find some. (Obviously I cant find something that doesnt exist but in many discussions on gun forums where there are gun owners that believe as you do....none has turned up.)

    I love that you miss the entire point I was making...AGAIN. No one...and this is where you screwed up with Capt. Courtesy...EVER said that training wasnt a good idea. My point is that there is no evidence that mandating training would make any difference. So why impose more govt and more $$ and more restrictions on people? Man, I ****ing HATE 'feel good' legislation that actually means nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Says training is useful.

    Then says training is not useful.


    Holding two opposing thoughts in ones mind is a cause of cognitive dissonance, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You said training doesn't change anything.

    Sorry if I interpreted that as 'not useful'.

    I guess people will get dhot by toddlers anyway and then reflect upon their lapsed training?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Nope. You cannot read properly. Please show, in a quoted post, where I EVER wrote that.

    I said that 'mandatory/mandated training has not been shown to make any difference over voluntary training
    . Again, you cannot process words properly as your exchange with Capt Courtesy also showed.

    You seem to be unable to differentiate between mandatory and voluntary. Do you need a dictionary?

    But anyway, you now lie or are seriously mistaken. Please post where I said training was not useful?
    Last edited by Lursa; 02-06-15 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #419
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,556

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Speaking of alcoholics who dont admit when they have a problem, did you return to apologize or admit you were wrong pretty much every time you read my posts and responded regarding mandatory and voluntary training? Would you still like me to clarify it for you? You seem to have been left out of the discussion.


    I asked you to post the quotes where you said I made claims that training was not beneficial...and you did not. The assumption then is you lied.

    More slicing and dicing and parsing.

    You said mandatory training is not beneficial in terms of reducing accidents. But somehow, magicallly, voluntary training is beneficial.

    Therefore, I think we can say that you think training is not beneficial, since you have this belief that teaching people things only works when its voluntary.

    Its your silly position, not mine.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    More slicing and dicing and parsing.

    You said mandatory training is not beneficial in terms of reducing accidents. But somehow, magicallly, voluntary training is beneficial.

    Therefore, I think we can say that you think training is not beneficial, since you have this belief that teaching people things only works when its voluntary.

    Its your silly position, not mine.

    Please quote that. I never said it or implied. Quote where I did so. You attempt to insult again when the proof you are wrong is bolded in the previous response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •