Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 448

Thread: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

  1. #381
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,330

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Your source advocates policey, which disqualifies it as a valid source for debate puropses.
    Its high time somebody did over there. It refreshing to see a group more interested in protecting people than guns frankly

  2. #382
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    78,704

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Its high time somebody did over there. It refreshing to see a group more interested in protecting people than guns frankly
    They are the mouthpiece for a gun-hating group. Nuff said. And guess what, you have to prove their numbers are accurate not me. I don't have to give them the benefit of the doubt when their motives are obvious. Nice try.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA

  3. #383
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,330

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    They are the mouthpiece for a gun-hating group. Nuff said. And guess what, you have to prove their numbers are accurate not me
    No I don't. I've presented you the figures and you've rejected them on the basis of nothing more than your personal belief

    I don't have to give them the benefit of the doubt when their motives are obvious. Nice try
    I will give them the benefit of the doubt until you can show me evidence of innaccuracy or deliberate falsification in their findings. You simply not liking what they have found just doesn't cut it

    Sorry

  4. #384
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    78,704

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    No I don't. I've presented you the figures and you've rejected them on the basis of nothing more than your personal belief



    I will give them the benefit of the doubt until you can show me evidence of innaccuracy or deliberate falsification in their findings. You simply not liking what they have found just doesn't cut it

    Sorry
    The topic has been discussed plenty of times in other threads, with ample proof that your figures aren't correct. Medical organizations like the AMA have proven to politicize this topic for gun ownership. The medical community has zero credibility is discussing gun control, because it's not a medical issue. The same with the CDC, it's not a medical issue. You're just like the people that argue over suicide....all have been debunked. And frankly, most all anti-gun arguments are irrelevant because of the 2nd Amendment..........thanks to the British invaders over 200 years ago. We appreciate your participation. Carry on.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS. #MAGA

  5. #385
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,330

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The topic has been discussed plenty of times in other threads, with ample proof that your figures aren't correct.
    So you should have no problem finding that information then. More here

    Having a Gun in the House Doesn't Make a Woman Safer - The Atlantic

    Medical organizations like the AMA have proven to politicize this topic for gun ownership. The medical community has zero credibility is discussing gun control, because it's not a medical issue. The same with the CDC, it's not a medical issue.
    Given they have to deal with the often gruesome aftermath I can think of nobody better qualified to comment frankly

    You're just like the people that argue over suicide....all have been debunked. And frankly, most all anti-gun arguments are irrelevant because of the 2nd Amendment..........thanks to the British invaders over 200 years ago. We appreciate your participation. Carry on.
    Heads up the British are gone the Indians are gone and the west is no longer wild . Your endlessly tortured 18th century legislation is long obsolete and has in fact become a lethal liability in the modern 21st century urban world as evidenced by your horrendous firearms mortality rates
    Last edited by flogger; 02-06-15 at 06:08 AM.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Switzerland has a very high rate of legal gun ownership (almost certainly higher than in the even most legal US state) yet you are still 17 times more likely to be killed by a gun there than in the UK
    I note your lack of source material. This is a debate site, everything you say is wrong until you prove otherwise.

    17 times more likely to die from a gun in Switzerland than the UK? According to GunPolicy.org: Compare United Kingdom vs Switzerland it looks more like 1.5 times; that's including suicide, police shooting a suspect legally, hunting accidents, and negligent discharge.

    Also note that concealed carry of handguns is totally banned in Switzerland and the UK, and concealed carry of handguns is what this thread is about. The woman in the OP wasn't keeping an assault rifle in her purse. Please try to stay on-topic.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-06-15 at 06:13 AM.

  7. #387
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,330

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I note your lack of source material. This is a debate site, everything you say is wrong until you prove otherwise.

    17 times more likely to die from a gun in Switzerland than the UK? According to GunPolicy.org: Compare United Kingdom vs Switzerland it looks more like 1.5 times; that's including suicide, police shooting a suspect legally, hunting accidents, and negligent discharge.

    Also note that concealed carry of handguns is totally banned in Switzerland and the UK, and concealed carry of handguns is what this thread is about. The woman in the OP wasn't keeping an assault rifle in her purse. Please try to stay on-topic.
    No when you stay off the pro gun blogger sites you find its just over 17 Switzerland = 3.84 per 100,000 vs UK 0.25

    List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Now please tell me you understand the Swiss have a far smaller population than the UK ?
    Last edited by flogger; 02-06-15 at 06:21 AM.

  8. #388
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    No when you stay off the pro gun blogger sites you find its just over 17 Switzerland = 3.84 per 100,000 vs UK 0.25

    List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Wikipedia can be edited by literally anyone and thus has never been accepted as a valid source for anything.

  9. #389
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 05:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,330

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Wikipedia can be edited by literally anyone and thus has never been accepted as a valid source for anything.
    You cited a gun blogger site which by just stating totals rather too conveniently omitted to inform you that the UK has a population 8 times that of Switzerland

    Do the math by multiplying the Swiss total by 8 and you come up with as near as damn it the same figure. Just over 17 times that of the UK
    Last edited by flogger; 02-06-15 at 06:29 AM.

  10. #390
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    You cited a gun blogger site .....
    GunPolicy.org is not a blog and does not advocate policy for or against gun ownership. It is an unbiased international research group.
    In a sea of web sites offering unverified, polarised opinions on gun violence, GunPolicy.org provides evidence-based, country-by-country intelligence from a broad range of official and academic sources. This university site is for researchers, officials, journalists and advocates who need accurate citations and rapid access to credible sources.
    Ironically, I came to know this website when an anti-gun Brit like yourself used it to compare the US to the UK in their argument against gun ownership....and now here you are denouncing the site your own side was using. This betrays a lack of integrity among anti-gun, you care little for actual fact and more for emotional appeal.

    Your gun control has killed more people than the Dublin shooter. You have blood on your hands.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-06-15 at 06:35 AM.

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •