Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 448

Thread: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Yet they seem to be a favourite amongst those with a lot of massacring to do dont they ?
    You had referenced the Newtown shooting earlier....the rifle Adam Lansa used is not used by the US military.

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Fair enough. When the next legally armed high school massacre occurs using just such weapons then your conscience will be clear.
    Adam Lansa was not the legal owner of the rifle he used to commit those crimes. He had in fact killed the legal owner before going to the school.

    Once at the school, the police were notified very early on in the encounter and still took 20 minutes to show up. When Lansa was finished, he had a lot of ammunition left over.

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    This is nonsense of course. Defensive shootings are but a tiny fraction of your overall death and injury stats

    New FBI Report Casts Doubt on NRA's 'Good Guy Stops Bad Guy' Nonsense*|*Mike Weisser
    The Huffing&puffington Post is not a valid source for anything because it advocates policy.

  4. #354
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,774

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    According to your own FBI just under 1% of all firearm fatalities are civilian defensive shootings. The other 99% pay a very high price indeed for such 'security'
    about 80% involve people not legally able to own a firearm (felony convictions, age etc) killing people who as a group are also about 80% disqualified from owning a firearm. however, a majority of firearms deaths are self inflicted

    so good people being murdered is bad but its not nearly the amount you'd want us to believe



  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    According to your own FBI just under 1% of all firearm fatalities are civilian defensive shootings.
    Fatalities.

    You are actually not very likely to die from a gun shot given modern medicine. I note that you didn't include injuries or instances where the criminal stopped when the gun was merely displayed.

  6. #356
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Fatalities.

    You are actually not very likely to die from a gun shot given modern medicine. I note that you didn't include injuries or instances where the criminal stopped when the gun was merely displayed.
    I didn't for the other 99% either

  7. #357
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    about 80% involve people not legally able to own a firearm (felony convictions, age etc) killing people who as a group are also about 80% disqualified from owning a firearm. however, a majority of firearms deaths are self inflicted
    Yet it was still so easy for them to get them nonetheless. Blaming the symptoms for the problem again

    so good people being murdered is bad but its not nearly the amount you'd want us to believe
    Anybody being murdered is bad. Its the expedient lethality of firearms that makes it far easier and more prevelent in the States

  8. #358
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Adam Lansa was not the legal owner of the rifle he used to commit those crimes. He had in fact killed the legal owner before going to the school.
    And very possibly the next guy could do the same next time. And while gun extremists are allowed to indulge their fetishes there will of course be many next times

  9. #359
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post


    THAT ISN'T A COUNTER TO MY ARGUMENT!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    I wasn't talking about JUST mass shootings. You weren't either. Trying to change the goalposts here? Why don't you try again?

    I love the use of a Blog though lol. Especially since the blogger can give the inaccurate representation of what the FBI study would show lol.
    Yes he does that. He cant manage to twist the data to fit his spiel and then keeps changing the goal posts, like between intentional (criminal) and accidental shootings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #360
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,988

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Fair enough. When the next legally armed high school massacre occurs using just such weapons then your conscience will be clear.
    So I live in a rural area. What do I do when multiple intruders (unfortunately it happens weekly in the Seattle metro area) break into my place at night? They dont even need guns to be a lethal threat to me. The cops are 15 minutes away, best case scenario.

    How should I defend myself? I have training and preparations to try and do so. How do you suggest I do so?

    Or any family in the same situation, of which there are millions across America?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •