Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 448

Thread: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

  1. #331
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,161

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Springsteen was in the background and I thought of this



    "Outlaw Pete" BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

    Outlaw Pete...

    He was born a little baby on the Appalachian Trail
    At six months old he'd done three months in jail
    Here at the bank in his diapers and his little bare baby feet
    All he said was "Folks, my name is Outlaw Pete."
    I think it's actually "he robbed a bank." I've seen plenty of babies at the bank.

    As much as I love Bruce, that song should have been left on the cutting floor. If for no other reason that I can't hear it without thinking of "I Was Made for Loving You." I dislike anything that reminds me of disco KISS.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #332
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    The guns this guy used came from the home of a law abiding citizen
    yeah, he killed her. if the death penalty for capital murder doesn't deter someone, what law will?

    anti gunners labor under two district delusions

    1) people who are undeterred by massive prison sentences or the death penalty that are imposed for murder, robbery, rape and home invasion are NOT ALSO deterred by lesser sentences for the illegal possession of firearms. Furthermore, the war on drugs prove that banning stuff will not prevent people from obtaining contraband

    2) people who never have misused firearms need more laws restricting what they can own to prevent them from misusing items they have never yet misused



  3. #333
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Perhaps you should actually avail yourself of the facts

    Householders and the use of force against intruders
    Tony Martin (farmer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #334
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Perhaps you should actually avail yourself of the facts

    Householders and the use of force against intruders
    I think the official rules in places Like Zimbabwe and North Korea talk about a right to vote too



  5. #335
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah, he killed her. if the death penalty for capital murder doesn't deter someone, what law will?

    anti gunners labor under two district delusions

    1) people who are undeterred by massive prison sentences or the death penalty that are imposed for murder, robbery, rape and home invasion are NOT ALSO deterred by lesser sentences for the illegal possession of firearms. Furthermore, the war on drugs prove that banning stuff will not prevent people from obtaining contraband

    2) people who never have misused firearms need more laws restricting what they can own to prevent them from misusing items they have never yet misused
    It is almost a given that the next US massacre will be someone using guns that are legally owned. This is now quite rightly considered a health and safety rather then a rights issue and has been treated as such by every other developed nation. As a result the US has by far and away the highest level of firearms death amongst such countries

  6. #336
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Yet they seem to be a favourite amongst those with a lot of massacring to do dont they ?
    No. They have used handguns and shotguns. Sorry. We don't make laws based on a minimum of incidents. That would be like locking up everyone with a mental disability because most of these shooters are mentally disabled.

    I don't know what inadequacies you are addressing only you know that
    AH the broken and haggard argument. You have NO evidence, so you resort to an ad hom argument. PATHETIC! lol. Thanks for letting me know you can't argue the point effectively to give me a reason to not own an AR15. HA!

    Have many burglers been killed using AR 15s then because I'll wager far more innocents have been massacred using them ?




    Do you realize that more people are SAVED by firearms in America than are killed by them? Even the LOWEST estimates of defensive gun uses top the number of homicides AND suicides by a few hundred thousand? Give it up man. We have guns in our society because we are an individualist nation that doesn't enjoy handing our freedom over to criminals and our government.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #337
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Do you realize that more people are SAVED by firearms in America than are killed by them? Even the LOWEST estimates of defensive gun uses top the number of homicides AND suicides by a few hundred thousand? Give it up man. We have guns in our society because we are an individualist nation that doesn't enjoy handing our freedom over to criminals and our government.
    This is nonsense of course. Defensive shootings are but a tiny fraction of your overall death and injury stats

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-w...b_5900748.html

  8. #338
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    It is almost a given that the next US massacre will be someone using guns that are legally owned. This is now quite rightly considered a health and safety rather then a rights issue and has been treated as such by every other developed nation. As a result the US has by far and away the highest level of firearms death amongst such countries
    DO YOU REALIZE that American cities with gun control (AKA Detroit and Flint) our rates would be average? But hey, let's look at your glaring misunderstanding of mass shooters. I can tell you that the next one to occur will have a history of mental illness or violence. Do you know what ACTUALLY causes mental disorders? It isn't the gun. An inanimate object cannot kill people. It doesn't cause death. Your argument is flawed. Do you believe spoons make people fat? Hell do you believe fat foods make you fat? There are dozens of factors.

    But you are trying to focus on mass shootings because you want to use the dead to support your cause. If you looked at the big picture you know darn well you are looking at a minutia of events.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #339
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    DO YOU REALIZE that American cities with gun control (AKA Detroit and Flint) our rates would be average? But hey, let's look at your glaring misunderstanding of mass shooters. I can tell you that the next one to occur will have a history of mental illness or violence. Do you know what ACTUALLY causes mental disorders? It isn't the gun. An inanimate object cannot kill people. It doesn't cause death. Your argument is flawed. Do you believe spoons make people fat? Hell do you believe fat foods make you fat? There are dozens of factors.
    Other countries have mentally ill violent people too yet they don't have your mass shooting problem. Its when such people have easy access to firearms that things get lethal

    But you are trying to focus on mass shootings because you want to use the dead to support your cause. If you looked at the big picture you know darn well you are looking at a minutia of events.
    I've posted plenty of other stuff too that supports my position that has nothing to do with mass shooting. And I've certainly included the 'big picture' in my deliberations

  10. #340
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    This is nonsense of course. Defensive shootings are but a tiny fraction of your overall death and injury stats

    New FBI Report Casts Doubt on NRA's 'Good Guy Stops Bad Guy' Nonsense*|*Mike Weisser


    THAT ISN'T A COUNTER TO MY ARGUMENT!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    I wasn't talking about JUST mass shootings. You weren't either. Trying to change the goalposts here? Why don't you try again?

    I love the use of a Blog though lol. Especially since the blogger can give the inaccurate representation of what the FBI study would show lol.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •