Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 448

Thread: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

  1. #201
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Why is putting your child at an entirely unnecessary additional risk irrelevant ? It all boils down to the fact that guns make intentional or accidental killings far too easy and your stats bear this out.
    Last edited by flogger; 02-03-15 at 06:12 AM.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Why is putting your child at an entirely unnecessary additional risk irrelevant ? It all boils down to the fact that guns make intentional or accidental killings far too easy and your stats bear this out.
    So you don't care about children being safe as long as your political agenda is served. Got it.

  3. #203
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    So you don't care about children being safe as long as your political agenda is served. Got it.
    I have no political agenda I merely asked you why putting your children at an additional and unnecessary risk was acceptable to you ?

  4. #204
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,449
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Well, I have a gun, but I keep it stored and unloaded and ammunition separate, um, someone call me a lefty now.
    Guns are weapons -- period. Someone is going to get hurt. Happens each and every day. The love of guns has consequences.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I have no political agenda I merely asked you why putting your children at an additional and unnecessary risk was acceptable to you ?
    I speak agaist carrying a gun in a purse so your question doesn't apply to me. I support vigerous prosecution of people who let prohibited persons have access to their gun, I support a safe storage law and I argue that your gun should either be on your person or unloaded and locked.

    You people want to use stories like this as excuse to ban guns. To just ban things is a purly anti-American mode of thought. We don't do that here. We don't ban computers because of internet bullying or child porn. We don't ban alcohol or driving just because of drunk drivers. We prosecute people who abuse freedoms, not ban freedoms.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-03-15 at 08:51 AM.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Guns are weapons -- period. Someone is going to get hurt. Happens each and every day. The love of guns has consequences.
    Yes, guns are weapons....what's your point? I carry a small caliber hangun for the sole and express purpose of killing a human being should the need arise. I'm not seeing your point.

    Love of anything has consiquenses. Look at falconry and tell me no one's ever been bitten by their raptor.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-03-15 at 08:53 AM.

  7. #207
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I speak agaist carrying a gun in a purse so your question doesn't apply to me. I support vigerous prosecution of people who let prohibited persons have access to their gun, I support a safe storage law and I argue that your gun should either be on your person or unloaded and locked.

    You people want to use stories like this as excuse to ban guns. To just ban things is a purly anti-American mode of thought. We don't do that here. We don't ban computers because of internet bullying or child porn. We don't ban alcohol or driving just because of drunk drivers. We prosecute people who abuse freedoms, not ban freedoms.
    Freedom to intentionally kill far more easily is a freedom few would choose to indulge. The human condition is too unpredictable for that to be warranted and your own horrendous statistics make that point far better than I could

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Freedom to intentionally kill far more easily is a freedom few would choose to indulge.
    Indeed many "gun owners" don't own a firearm for self defence, and even fewer choose to regulerly carry a handgun for the same. It remains a right, however. The solution to negligence or abuse is prosecution, not a ban.

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    The human condition is too unpredictable for that to be warranted and your own horrendous statistics make that point far better than I could
    That's exactly why I carry a gun.

  9. #209
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,244

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    An nuclear warhead is an inanimate object too so shouild we just let everyone have one of those ?
    Are saying a gun is as dangerous as a nuclear weapon? Weren't you in a military or something?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #210
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,244

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Guns are weapons -- period. Someone is going to get hurt. Happens each and every day. The love of guns has consequences.
    So then we should ban anything that can hurt?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •