Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 448

Thread: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

  1. #181
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    It still doesn't matter. Comparing vehicle safety to gun safety is a losing argument for you. If you cannot see that you are blind. As to the rest of your rant I guess it is best for you to believe I don't know what I am talking about. Or that I am gun hater or whatever. The fact is I have a clear grasp of the issues. It is the gun rights activists views which are clearly twisted. You and other gun rights activists continue to grasp after any straw you can to help you defend the defenseless. Guns are designed to be lethal. As tool that is designed to be lethal it is well within the Congress' Constitutional authority to ensure there are proper regulations to support the general welfare. All your rationalizations and bluster...and that is all you have posted here do not refute that basic fact. Guns are designed to kill and maim. The statistics are clear...more guns equals more gun violence. Less guns equals less gun violence. These facts cannot seriously be debated.
    So denying things doesnt actually support anything you have claimed. I've provided reasons....your denials about vehicles are particularly helpful since they support what I wrote.

    Gun 'violence' is very localized in this country. To mostly criminals and gang members (not mutually exclusive groups by any means.) The vast number of homicides fall into these 2 groups. Those are your 'numbers.'

    And then there are victims of crimes...which we all wish to prevent and aim for. However reducing their ability to have guns to protect themselves? Or those tasked with protecting them? Pure folly.

    You could offer no proof that your suggestions would work. I used your vehicle examples to proved evidence they would not.

    So again, I'm not the one that 'blindness' should be attributed to. You do not have a clear grasp of the issues. You provided no specifics whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #182
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,880

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Your counter is soooooooo underwhelming.
    shrug...

    It wasn't meant to overwhelm you...it was meant to get you to stop bothering me.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #183
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,945

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Again, this is psychosis example number 1. A car is DESIGNED to transport people from one place to another. A gun, particularly a handgun, is DESIGNED to kill and maim people. A vehicle is not. Besides we have literally hundreds of laws on the books restricting who can own vehicle, who can drive a vehicle, under which conditions they drive a vehicle. We have strict licensing protocols for operating a vehicle. If you violate any one of these laws and injure or kill someone you almost certainly will go to jail.
    1) no a handgun is designed to use kinitic force to trigger a chemical reaction causing the expulsion of a projectile.

    2) really? Who's not permitted to own a car? Cite the statute.

    3) I don't know where you're living that getting a drivers license is "strict" certainly not in America
    4) no you often will not go to jail for violating motor vehicle laws
    On fact unless alcohol was involved on the fatality you probably won't spend any real time in jail

    And I'm licensed to drive a 40 ton vehicle on public roads, using a gun is far simpler then a pistol, anyone qualified tvdrve is qualified to operate a gun
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 02-03-15 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  4. #184
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,648

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Never ever said training was not useful. I see now the pain Capt Courtesy felt.

    Do you not understand the difference between mandated and voluntary?

    Which part of the bold was not crystal clear?
    You said training doesn't change anything.

    Sorry if I interpreted that as 'not useful'.

    I guess people will get dhot by toddlers anyway and then reflect upon their lapsed training?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You said training doesn't change anything.

    Sorry if I interpreted that as 'not useful'.


    I guess people will get dhot by toddlers anyway and then reflect upon their lapsed training?
    Nope. You cannot read properly. Please show, in a quoted post, where I EVER wrote that.

    I said that 'mandatory/mandated training has not been shown to make any difference over voluntary training. Again, you cannot process words properly as your exchange with Capt Courtesy also showed.

    You seem to be unable to differentiate between mandatory and voluntary. Do you need a dictionary?

    But anyway, you now lie or are seriously mistaken. Please post where I said training was not useful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #186
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,648

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Nope. You cannot read properly. Please show, in a quoted post, where I EVER wrote that.

    I said that 'mandatory/mandated training has not been shown to make any difference over voluntary training. Again, you cannot process words properly as your exchange with Capt Courtesy also showed.

    You seem to be unable to differentiate between mandatory and voluntary. Do you need a dictionary?

    But anyway, you now lie or are seriously mistaken. Please post where I said training was not useful?
    Right. So therefore training isn't helpful unless you volunteer for it.

    Meaning training is not useful if you don't.

    Not. Useful.

    Of course, this is based on fairly dubious data, since it's pretty tough to control for all the variables. But the common sense argument is that when one gets a gun, basic safety training should be at least SOMEWHAT useful. It's common sense.

    Hey- why don't you bring up 'crime' again, since you seem to love that red herring a lot?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Hey, accidents happen.

  8. #188
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Right. So therefore training isn't helpful unless you volunteer for it.

    Meaning training is not useful if you don't.

    Not. Useful.

    Of course, this is based on fairly dubious data, since it's pretty tough to control for all the variables. But the common sense argument is that when one gets a gun, basic safety training should be at least SOMEWHAT useful. It's common sense.

    Hey- why don't you bring up 'crime' again, since you seem to love that red herring a lot?
    Check out what I really wrote, below, in red. Care to play again?

    And I didnt really provide any data, since none is available to prove differently (which I also told you. Double )

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Nope. You cannot read properly. Please show, in a quoted post, where I EVER wrote that.

    I said that 'mandatory/mandated training has not been shown to make any difference over voluntary training. Again, you cannot process words properly as your exchange with Capt Courtesy also showed.

    You seem to be unable to differentiate between mandatory and voluntary. Do you need a dictionary?

    But anyway, you now lie or are seriously mistaken. Please post where I said training was not useful?
    You cant really save your ass at this point. You should have admitted your mistake and retired gracefully. Twice in one thread, *smh*

    And you never posted the quote where I asked you to support your accusation that I said that training wasnt important. Let me know when you find that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #189
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    True.

    I meant "best joke line", or "funniest line".

    Because a 3-y/o would obviously have been suspected of attempted murder until proven otherwise.
    Just imagine about 11 years from now, and dad and son are showering together before going into a public pool, "hey dad, what's that hole on your rump"?
    well son, don't you remember? you shot me there, and your mom in her shoulder when you were only 3 years old.

    Did Dinosaurs Really Have Brains in Their Tails?
    I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that human brains were placed in our heads or not now.

  10. #190
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Everyday in America, this happens. Everyday. And nothing less should be expected in a nation that loves their guns. As long as these weapons are revelled, innocent people are going get at the very least hurt.
    Well, I have a gun, but I keep it stored and unloaded and ammunition separate, um, someone call me a lefty now.

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •