Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 448

Thread: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

  1. #121
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,682

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I have lived in a home with a firearm in it for 25 years. I have had 0 accidents. Not a scratch. My family is not at risk to firearms. They aren't stupid. Maybe you are incapable of handling firearms safely, but I'm not. Nor is my father. Funny. He never had an accident either. Weird. Maybe you are more likely because YOU can't handle safety?

    Again. Fear of firearms is OK, but you shouldn't let it cloud your mind.
    I have lived in a home with a pipe bomb in it for 25 years. I have had 0 accidents. Not a scratch. My family is not at risk to pipe bombs. They aren't stupid. Maybe you are incapable of handling pipe bombs safely, but I'm not. Nor is my father. Funny. He never had an accident either. Weird. Maybe you are more likely because YOU can't handle safety?

    Again. Fear of pipe bombs is OK, but you shouldn't let it cloud your mind.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    We are collectively insane as a nation. Reading through this thread is like reading through a manifesto by a psychotic. We keep wanting to blame everything other than what is truly at fault in these conditions. There are some indisputable facts in this case.
    2. Gun rights advocates will always blame either the person wielding the gun or the person that allowed someone to wield the gun.
    Er, who IS to blame in 2?

    But more broadly, except for 1...and the many purposes of guns besides killing are all valid (including killing), the yearly, even daily, slaughter by personal vehicles is much higher and all the same things apply: 2-5.

    Are we insane to be driving our vehicles and walking on sidewalks near vehicles?

    And it doesnt matter how those people are killed or injured....dead is dead (or injured).

    We seem to happily accept one. And now some people in the US are starting to object to the other. But only some
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I have lived in a home with a pipe bomb in it for 25 years. I have had 0 accidents. Not a scratch. My family is not at risk to pipe bombs. They aren't stupid. Maybe you are incapable of handling pipe bombs safely, but I'm not. Nor is my father. Funny. He never had an accident either. Weird. Maybe you are more likely because YOU can't handle safety?

    Again. Fear of pipe bombs is OK, but you shouldn't let it cloud your mind.
    As long as you are responsible and keep your pipe bomb away from kids....what's the problem? You are right...inanimate objects are not generally a danger to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #124
    Sage
    rabbitcaebannog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,918

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I have lived in a home with a pipe bomb in it for 25 years. I have had 0 accidents. Not a scratch. My family is not at risk to pipe bombs. They aren't stupid. Maybe you are incapable of handling pipe bombs safely, but I'm not. Nor is my father. Funny. He never had an accident either. Weird. Maybe you are more likely because YOU can't handle safety?

    Again. Fear of pipe bombs is OK, but you shouldn't let it cloud your mind.

  5. #125
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I didn't say anything about your position!

    I was merely pointing out that drivers licenses are required to drive in virtually every nation on earth, and despite bad drivers being a thing, seem to be effective in cutting down incompetent drivers, although we have no way of knowing that because, as I clearly stated, every nation on earth requires them.

    If that's soapboxing, I'm sorry I involved you and your reference to bad drivers and cast a pall of shame upon you and your descendants who may be reading this centuries into the future.
    Stop being dramatic. You responded to ME, and what I said, so your comments were directed at me... unless you were just soapboxing. And yes, you did comment on my position. My comment was this:

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I have no issue with safety training for people who own guns. Competency, however, does not prevent stupidity.
    Here is your response:

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You'd be surprised how a minimal requirement for competency can dramatically weed out the stupid and lazy.
    This addresses my position. Now, here's the problem. In my comment, I SUPPORTED safety training for adults. Therefore, your comment makes no sense in context unless you are either agreeing with me, which you did not indicate either via comment or "like" or you were soapboxing, using my comment as a springboard, but presenting it as disagreeing with what you said. Hence the confusion over whether you were disagreeing with me... and doing so by misrepresenting my position, or you were just talking and using one of my comments as a springboard. Let me know what you had intended to communicate so this kind of confusion does not occur.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #126
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,123

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    I would like to say that this thread has an interesting OP but it doesn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Either these people were shot dead or they were not. Thanks to the worship of firearms US has by far the highest gun homicide rate in the developed world. Choose to evade that essential fact as much as you want
    And since most of them were criminals and gang members, that's probably a good thing. The rest are actually very rare, something you have not been able to comprehend. Except for the suicides which I already addressed...also dont feel the rest of American should be punished because of the mentally ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #128
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,401

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I have lived in a home with a pipe bomb in it for 25 years. I have had 0 accidents. Not a scratch. My family is not at risk to pipe bombs. They aren't stupid. Maybe you are incapable of handling pipe bombs safely, but I'm not. Nor is my father. Funny. He never had an accident either. Weird. Maybe you are more likely because YOU can't handle safety?

    Again. Fear of pipe bombs is OK, but you shouldn't let it cloud your mind.
    Argumentum Ad Absurdum.

    Additionally...you really compared a pipe bomb to a gun? You really equate them? Hoplophobia.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,045

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    This weekend, 3 days, 75 people on horses carrying not one, but two firearms, in an enclosed area all together, constant movement and activity....not a single accidental discharge. Yes, the ammo is black powder blanks but that has nothing to do with incidence. Age 13 and above.

    Yeah, they're 'death machines.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #130
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,401

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    This weekend, 3 days, 75 people on horses carrying not one, but two firearms, in an enclosed area, constant movement and activity....not a single accidental discharge. Yes, the ammo is black powder blanks but that has nothing to do with incidence. Age 13 and above.

    Yeah, they're 'death machines.'
    Oh my god the horror!!!! Whoever orchestrated that should be killed or jailed for life for putting all those people in danger!!!!
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •