Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 448

Thread: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

  1. #111
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You are definitely not a math teacher, your grasp of numbers and statistics and ratios is sorely lacking.

    We understand what you are writing. You are writing that you dont actually understand the meaning of something you are posting. And linking to.
    Despite all the hairsplitting the plain fact is that the numbers are the numbers. You either accept them or you don't

  2. #112
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    They took all the courses and passed. Perhaps the courses are made for idiots to pass?
    Lose the rights to carry weapons for a set period- life would be a reasonable start point.
    Then charging the parents, convicting them, they can serve their sentence while the other is free. Then change positions.
    What? They took parenting courses and passed? I'm guessing that no course will fix this kind of stupid.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #113
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,879

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Despite all the hairsplitting the plain fact is that the numbers are the numbers. You either accept them or you don't
    They do not reflect an accurate picture of public safety in the US, so no, I do not.

    You either understand that, or you do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #114
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,871

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    What? They took parenting courses and passed? I'm guessing that no course will fix this kind of stupid.
    Candidates for the Darwin awards. Not the kid though. Intelligence must have skipped a generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  5. #115
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,457
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Toddler was a good shot, too bad the parents were stupid enough to leave wife's purse with a loaded gun in it for the kid to reach.

    More irresponsibility from gun owners.

    Authorities have taken their child away from them for the time being, but maybe too late.
    Everyday in America, this happens. Everyday. And nothing less should be expected in a nation that loves their guns. As long as these weapons are revelled, innocent people are going get at the very least hurt.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  6. #116
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 07:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,276

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    They do not reflect an accurate picture of public safety in the US, so no, I do not.

    You either understand that, or you do not.
    Either these people were shot dead or they were not. Thanks to the worship of firearms US has by far the highest gun homicide rate in the developed world. Choose to evade that essential fact as much as you want

  7. #117
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,879

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Either these people were shot dead or they were not. The US has by far the highest gun homicide rate in the developed world. Choose to evade that essential fact as much as you want
    And what your statistics did not reflect at all was that most of those were criminals and gang members. I am neither, nor are my friends and associates. I try to avoid places where such people frequent and *I have a gun to protect me if such people attempt to attack me.*

    There's nothing to evade. You are the one ignoring the truth. If you wish to trade essential freedoms for safety, that's your business.

    And it's a hypocritical perspective anyway, since, as mentioned....all Americans are exposed much more equally to the danger of death and injury by cars every day. And yet, there's no outcry to ban or further restrict cars. It's not a balanced perspective but it's illuminating nevertheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #118
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This is why it is impossible to talk to gun people.
    Anti-2nd amendment trash tend to use stories like this to infringe on the 2nd amendment and demonize gun owners.
    To them, there just isn't anything between "private ownership of antitank missiles" and "confiscate every gun and any device that makes loud gun-like noises."
    Anyone who understands the 2nd amendment issue knows that anti-2nd amendment trash tend to work in baby steps. They do not want just anti-tank missiles banned. They want certain semi-automatic firearms banned under the guise of assault weapons bans.Then they will semi-automatic firearms not deemed to be assault weapons to be banned too. They want to prevent poor people from owning low cost firearms under the guise of Saturday night specials bans.And they to want to impose severe taxes on bullets,costly license fees, and implement costly useless things to make firearms even more expensive and thus harder for even middle class people to afford. They want to ban 20-30 round standard capacity magazines under the guise of high capacity magazine bans. Then they move onto banning 15,10 and even 5 round capacity magazines. They want to turn something that is constitutional right into state granted privilege much like driving on a public road is. While doing all of this they utter the lie that no one wants to ban firearms or take your guns away.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #119
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Having a firearm in the home makes you far less safe. The OP being just another example

    Owning a gun has been linked to higher risks of homicide, suicide, and accidental death by gun.

    For every time a gun is used in self-defense in the home, there are 7 assaults or murders, 11 suicide attempts, and 4 accidents involving guns in or around a home.

    43% of homes with guns and kids have at least one unlocked firearm.

    In one experiment, one third of 8-to-12-year-old boys who found a handgun pulled the trigger.

    In 2011, nearly 10 times more people were shot and killed in arguments than by civilians trying to stop a crime.

    A Philadelphia study found that the odds of an assault victim being shot were 4.5 times greater if he carried a gun. His odds of being killed were 4.2 times greater.

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ths-fact-check

    Theres nothing 'heroic' about putting your family at such a risk
    I have lived in a home with a firearm in it for 25 years. I have had 0 accidents. Not a scratch. My family is not at risk to firearms. They aren't stupid. Maybe you are incapable of handling firearms safely, but I'm not. Nor is my father. Funny. He never had an accident either. Weird. Maybe you are more likely because YOU can't handle safety?

    Again. Fear of firearms is OK, but you shouldn't let it cloud your mind.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #120
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Toddler wounds both parents with 1 shot from handgun

    We are collectively insane as a nation. Reading through this thread is like reading through a manifesto by a psychotic. We keep wanting to blame everything other than what is truly at fault in these conditions. There are some indisputable facts in this case.

    1. Guns, particularly handguns, are DESIGNED to kill and or maim.
    2. Gun rights advocates will always blame either the person wielding the gun or the person that allowed someone to wield the gun.
    3. Guns, particularly handguns, have been made EASY to get largely through gun rights advocates and their legislation.
    4. There will always be dumb people, ignorant people, mentally ill people, violent people and smart people that do dumb things on occasion.
    5. When you combine numbers 1,2 and 3 with 4 you get the COUNTLESS examples of gun violence perpetrated in this country.

    Given the 5 indisputable facts above what is the most effective way to eliminate the perpetual gun violence in our country. Is it more effective to try and make dumb people smart? Insane people sane? Ignorant people educated? Smart people perfect? Or is it finally time to decide that we need strict regulation on devices that are specifically designed to kill and maim people.

    Again we are insane as society if we can believe that the proliferation of guns in this country is not DIRECTLY related to amount the gun violence we have.

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •