Page 93 of 131 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #921
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    You can talk about any epidemic all you want, but if you are even trying to approach logic, you should be talking about the diseases we have vaccinations for.



    It's not when, it's if....most of these diseases are only a threat in areas where poor medical conditions exist....with or without vaccines.




    Then in a conversation about vaccinations....you should limit it to diseases we have vacines for.
    You dont get to make the rules in what I discuss. My copmments were entirely relevant to epidemics when vaccines are not the only recourse we have in minimizing them. Or didnt you know that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #922
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I didn't either. The government however signed both of us up anyway.
    No, it didn't. Which is why I explained why I didn't sign up at my last security investigation.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #923
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You dont get to make the rules in what I discuss. My copmments were entirely relevant to epidemics when vaccines are not the only recourse we have in minimizing them. Or didnt you know that?
    Then we have nothing else to talk about. This is a conversation about vaccinations.



    Good day.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #924
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You dont get to make the rules in what I discuss. My copmments were entirely relevant to epidemics when vaccines are not the only recourse we have in minimizing them. Or didnt you know that?
    How come you can't produce the numbers to back your claim then? I mean, you're the expert here, you're comments are entirely relevant. There's data out there, there's statistics, there's knowledge; do you have any of it? Let's see it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #925
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So then you can reproduce the current numbers proving your claims on herd immunity inoculation levels, yes?
    English is not your strong suit either?

    Again: demonstrating you do not understand herd immunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #926
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, it didn't. Which is why I explained why I didn't sign up at my last security investigation.
    Ummm..yes, they did. The government does not just let young men get around not signing up. They don't like to imprison young men for it because they know the draft is unpopular, but please do not kid yourself into thinking you got away with anything.

  7. #927
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    How come you can't produce the numbers to back your claim then? I mean, you're the expert here, you're comments are entirely relevant. There's data out there, there's statistics, there's knowledge; do you have any of it? Let's see it.
    Which claim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #928
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    English is not your strong suit either?

    Again: demonstrating you do not understand herd immunity.
    So once again, a deflection and an insult. I don't understand herd immunity but YOU cannot produce any evidence for your claim. Do you know what evidence is? It's the measurements and statistics that back a claim. Where are yours?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #929
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,767

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It wiped out like a third to a half of the population of Europe. Is.... is that not a sufficiently bad outcome for you!?

    "They didn't have vaccines and look, only an ENORMOUS NUMBER OF PEOPLE DIED!" This is an argument against vaccines!? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here!


    I thought you were!

    Hey, I understand that. We want to protect people if we can but I care about my kids first. Not yours, if you have them... mine. At the same time I truly believe in survival of the fittest. I come from a long lineage of that. Vikings. Family line survived the Plague. First to arrive on the Mayflower. Revolutionary War veterans. Some of the first to cross the Oregon Trail. Etc. Etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #930
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Ummm..yes, they did. The government does not just let young men get around not signing up. They don't like to imprison young men for it because they know the draft is unpopular, but please do not kid yourself into thinking you got away with anything.
    Uhm, no, they didn't. I am not on the selective service list. That's a fact.

    It's such a fact that I have a conversation with an investigator about it every 5 years.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 93 of 131 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •