Page 92 of 131 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #911
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,766

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You didnt answer the questions in any practical sense. Congress cant necessarily wait for population consensus on war.
    It sure can... and does. At least with real wars prior to and including World War II. Both Korea and Vietnam were stupid wars and the draft was unconsitutional

    You make your decision when you vote.
    Not to be subject to an illegal draft you don't...

    You didnt tell me if we should just let those who took those risks just die if they cant pay.
    Yes I did. First sentence second paragraph. "I am for letting smokers pay for their own health costs, those that do not wear helmets them too... if they can't then yes, they might die. **** them. "

    Idealism is one thing, real life practicality is another.
    I have no idea what you are talking about...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #912
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Why didn't we all die from these diseases pre-vaccine? Why didn't the Bubonic Plague wipe out humanity? I mean, there was ZERO herd immunity... right?
    That is more than I have time for. Shall I lend you a few books from my library? Seriously, that's all very well documented. And fascinating. I highly recommend the reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #913
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,766

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That is more than I have time for. Shall I lend you a few books from my library? Seriously, that's all very well documented. And fascinating. I highly recommend the reading.
    It doesn't take any time... we didn't all die because herd immunity is not a requisite for surviving epidemics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #914
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, vaccinations are fairly new, and we survived without them. The reason a present day outbreak wouldn't cause much death is not vaccination. A vaccination doesn't treat one who is infected.
    No, it just prevents infection and then prevents transmission to another person which prevents transmission to another person which prevents transmission to another person....

    These outbreaks are far less dangerous because they are far more easily contained. Because most of the population is immune and can't be a carrier.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #915
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That is more than I have time for. Shall I lend you a few books from my library? Seriously, that's all very well documented. And fascinating. I highly recommend the reading.
    So then you can reproduce the current numbers proving your claims on herd immunity inoculation levels, yes?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #916
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about do you? Anything can mutate and become impervious to medicines or vaccines. But I wasnt speaking specifically about measles. Any epidemic.
    You can talk about any epidemic all you want, but if you are even trying to approach logic, you should be talking about the diseases we have vaccinations for.

    And it's not a question of if, but when. If SARS hadnt been caught quickly and contained, it had the potential to do so. A new variation of the flu may do so someday....the Spanish Flu was a mutation of something very common.
    It's not when, it's if....most of these diseases are only a threat in areas where poor medical conditions exist....with or without vaccines.


    Gratuitous vanity shot: Just part of my epidemiology library, doesnt include what's on my Kindle either.

    Then in a conversation about vaccinations....you should limit it to diseases we have vacines for.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #917
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It sure can... and does. At least with real wars prior to and including World War II. Both Korea and Vietnam were stupid wars and the draft was unconsitutional



    Not to be subject to an illegal draft you don't...



    Yes I did. First sentence second paragraph. "I am for letting smokers pay for their own health costs, those that do not wear helmets them too... if they can't then yes, they might die. **** them. "



    I have no idea what you are talking about...
    "and they might die."

    OK, if you see our society 'practically' just letting people die, that's not remotely realistic.

    And as I told Mac, the draft is still legal and it's only wishful thinking that allows people to say 'it will not happen again.' We dont know.

    As for voting, do voters know or not know that war is a Congressional and sometimes executive decision? They should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #918
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,766

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Many do, but it's just objectively better to vaccinate anyway. Like seat belts: yes, there are some circumstances in which it makes things worse but not wearing a seatbelt is still stupid.

    But vaccines further push the risk/reward equation in that failure to vaccinate also endangers others.
    In general I agree with that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #919
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The draft is still on the books. That's kind of why kids have to sign up for it or face up to five years in prison. You can however not sign up if you do so quietly. If you decide to however announce it on Facebook or twitter you will get arrested. Usually however if a young man fails to sign up for the draft the government just signs him up anyway.
    I didn't sign up for it.

    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #920
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I didn't sign up for it.

    I didn't either. The government however signed both of us up anyway.

Page 92 of 131 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •