Page 91 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #901
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,039

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yup, dont know **** about the significance of herd immunity.

    And there's no hysterics. Just risk vs reward and a total disregard in some cases because 500 dead kids isnt 'enough.'
    Why didn't we all die from these diseases pre-vaccine? Why didn't the Bubonic Plague wipe out humanity? I mean, there was ZERO herd immunity... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #902
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No. But I have lots of nieces and nephews.
    .....
    Then no one has a reason to care what you think.

  3. #903
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,039

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What do you tell parents of any kids that get sick or die? Everyone knows even the simplest procedures can have unforseen consequences. As you said, life isnt fair.
    That is not what this is about... you are insulting people that don't see it your way. That is hypocrisy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #904
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You can check with WA St and about 30 dead infants in 2 seasons, starting another, where herd immunity has decreased for whooping cough when parents stopped vaccinating after decades of high vaccination rates.
    What's the immunization rate for WA? What were those circumstances? Where are the links? Where are the statistics?

    Come on now, you want to play the Herd Immunization guru, let's see the numbers that back your claim.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #905
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Why didn't we all die from these diseases pre-vaccine? Why didn't the Bubonic Plague wipe out humanity? I mean, there was ZERO herd immunity... right?
    It wiped out like a third to a half of the population of Europe. Is.... is that not a sufficiently bad outcome for you!?

    "They didn't have vaccines and look, only an ENORMOUS NUMBER OF PEOPLE DIED!" This is an argument against vaccines!? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #906
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So, it's still the law so you can disagree. And we've had the draft in the past and may again in the future.

    And we restrict the 1st Amendment to protect public safety as well, so again, basing your personal opinion on precedent isnt going to get you anywhere.

    (LOL, 'homicide' of one's own personal sovereignty. Nice try tho.)
    We don't have the draft, and most likely never will again. And it's not a "nice try" it's true.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #907
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Thank you for answering. No offense but this is one of those topics where non-parents input is next to irrelevant. A niece or nephew, which I have, are practically nothing compared to your own children and I won't even comment on a pet. Unless a person is putting their own child in a situation that person really has no idea what they are talking about.
    I knew you'd say that. also your opinion.

    I cannot imagine anything more terrible, more painful, than the loss of a child, the suffering of a child. I think it's probably the worst thing in life that people go thru.

    You have no idea how I feel about my family. My 19 yr old niece was diagnosed with cancer 1.5 yrs ago, you certainly cant tell me how I felt about it.

    So we will continue to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #908
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    We don't have the draft, and most likely never will again. And it's not a "nice try" it's true.
    I'ts not true...it's your speculation. And we did have the draft and it was perfectly legal. It has not been declared 'illegal' or unConstitutional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #909
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yeah. Because of the vaccinations.
    No, vaccinations are fairly new, and we survived without them. The reason a present day outbreak wouldn't cause much death is not vaccination. A vaccination doesn't treat one who is infected.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #910
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    We don't have the draft, and most likely never will again. And it's not a "nice try" it's true.
    The draft is still on the books. That's kind of why kids have to sign up for it or face up to five years in prison. You can however not sign up if you do so quietly. If you decide to however announce it on Facebook or twitter you will get arrested. Usually however if a young man fails to sign up for the draft the government just signs him up anyway.

Page 91 of 131 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •