Page 90 of 131 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #891
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What do you tell parents of any kids that get sick or die? Everyone knows even the simplest procedures can have unforseen consequences. As you said, life isnt fair.
    Where are all those dead, sick kids in states below herd immunity levels?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #892
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Well re: suicide they'll take your liberty from you anyway, as a psych case, at least for awhile and you can lose your kids too. So there are still major infringements on your right to do so. I disagree with it being illegal myself.

    And while I dont like helmet laws and seat belt, the reasoning is that it falls on the taxpayers when people cant pay the medical bills and permanent hospitalization for vegetables, for example. The alternative is to let those people die (including letting them starve to death lying on a gurney when permanently physically or mentally disabled.)

    I also dont believe in the draft but if needed I can also see how it serves the security of the entire country if enough people dont enlist. And in that case, then I think women should be drafted too.
    If a society does not believe in the war there is no way that Congress should unconstitutionally force military service. The nation simply would not partake in the war. IF the war is serious enough or just enough the people will fight. History has proven that fact time and time again.

    I am for letting smokers pay for their own health costs, those that do not wear helmets them too... if they can't then yes, they might die. **** them. I was heavy into extreme sports. Downhill mountain biking with all the huge ass jumps, etc. Cliff jumping. Big wave surfing and bodysurfing (25 feet when bodysurfing). Stuff like that. My problem if I get hurt. Same as in life. I have an attitude that many don't because they see things as another person's fault. When you live life on the edge you see things differently. Hell, I used to mess with rattle snakes in the wild even. Charged by a moose. Walked among bears.

    Suicide is not illegal...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #893
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You raised an objection to my post, which was a response to him. But I'm glad you agree that extrapolation to such extremes is unwarranted. That was exactly the point I was trying to demonstrate.

    Everyone agrees that the government can and should take reasonable measures to ensure that person A's actions don't cause undue harm to person B.

    You are just drawing that reasonable measure line a bit differently than we are, so let's not act like this is some dramatic and fundamental philosophical difference.
    Agreed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #894
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Where are all those dead, sick kids in states below herd immunity levels?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post

    And herd immunity is not static and it's efficacy is fluid. There can be 'more' and 'less.'
    You can check with WA St and about 30 dead infants in 2 seasons, starting another, where herd immunity has decreased for whooping cough when parents stopped vaccinating after decades of high vaccination rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #895
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    I also dont believe in the draft but if needed I can also see how it serves the security of the entire country if enough people dont enlist. And in that case, then I think women should be drafted too.
    Drafted units usually put everyone else at risk because they have no will to fight. Slaves have a tendency to be bad labor. Just something to think about. If you have no problems with breaks in the line, rampant deserting, and team kills, well, the draft is for you.

  6. #896
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    "**** happens."

    Absolutely agreed... and well played.

    **** happens and I don't mind what happened to my daughter. I do not blame anybody for what happened. I do, however, have little patience for people that play the hypocrisy game that you are an idiot or ignorant if you do not vaccinate and your child gets a disease but ignore the fact that many children have serious adverse reactions to the vaccine itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #897
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    If a society does not believe in the war there is no way that Congress should unconstitutionally force military service. The nation simply would not partake in the war. IF the war is serious enough or just enough the people will fight. History has proven that fact time and time again.

    I am for letting smokers pay for their own health costs, those that do not wear helmets them too... if they can't then yes, they might die. **** them. I was heavy into extreme sports. Downhill mountain biking with all the huge ass jumps, etc. Cliff jumping. Big wave surfing and bodysurfing (25 feet when bodysurfing). Stuff like that. My problem if I get hurt. Same as in life. I have an attitude that many don't because they see things as another person's fault. When you live life on the edge you see things differently. Hell, I used to mess with rattle snakes in the wild even. Charged by a moose. Walked among bears.

    Suicide is not illegal...
    You didnt answer the questions in any practical sense. Congress cant necessarily wait for population consensus on war. You make your decision when you vote.

    You didnt tell me if we should just let those who took those risks just die if they cant pay.

    Idealism is one thing, real life practicality is another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #898
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Absolutely agreed... and well played.

    **** happens and I don't mind what happened to my daughter. I do not blame anybody for what happened. I do, however, have little patience for people that play the hypocrisy game that you are an idiot or ignorant if you do not vaccinate and your child gets a disease but ignore the fact that many children have serious adverse reactions to the vaccine itself.
    Many do, but it's just objectively better to vaccinate anyway. Like seat belts: yes, there are some circumstances in which it makes things worse but not wearing a seatbelt is still stupid.

    But vaccines further push the risk/reward equation in that failure to vaccinate also endangers others.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #899
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No. But I have lots of nieces and nephews.
    .....
    Thank you for answering. No offense but this is one of those topics where non-parents input is next to irrelevant. A niece or nephew, which I have, are practically nothing compared to your own children and I won't even comment on a pet. Unless a person is putting their own child in a situation that person really has no idea what they are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #900
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You didnt answer the questions in any practical sense. Congress cant necessarily wait for population consensus on war. You make your decision when you vote.
    If the people of a nation have no will to fight then they deserve to be defeated.

Page 90 of 131 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •