Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #811
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs286/en/

    Plenty of kids die from measles. And to think, we nearly eradicated it here in the states, but some dingbat decided to be a dirty ass hippy and put people's lives at stake. You want to know something interesting? Nobody would die from measles if you just vaccinate until the damn thing is gone.
    Maybe I should have been more clear. I was referring to what I knew about and the cases I knew of as a child.

    But people who are vaccinated still can get the measles. In fact many my age only have one of those shots so are at a higher risk.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #812
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It's a general "you." Clearly, what I am saying is applied to the general population and not just yourself.
    Fair enough...

    Starting an epidemic isn't violating a different person?
    It is a childish way to look at it.

    If I have a common cold and you catch it I "violated" you.

    If I take a dump and you breath in my gaseous fecal matter elements I have "violated" you.

    Many things "violate" people... the real and only relevant question is: Was it intentional?

    Lastly, not getting vaccinated (maintaining bodily sovereignty, which was the argument presented) is not starting an epidemic.

    I can defeat these silly arguments all day long and not even start breathing hard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #813
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No its not.
    Not only that... that analogy has to be one of the most idiotic that I have ever heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #814
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    You want to have the benefits of society -i.e. public school - you follow the rules - vaccinate your kids.

    Nothing in the constitution about public schools, as far as I know. I happen to think they are very important and part of what makes our country great; but they didn't really become big until the 1800s.

    Mississippi has a 99+% vaccination rate for kids in kindergarten because they only allow medical exemptions, and few of those. Parents who don't like it can home school or go to private schools.
    I could Slippery Slope "for the greater good" all day up to and including tracking devices in everybody in order to maintain National Security... Bodily Sovereignty has already been upheld with regards to abortion. The precedent is set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #815
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    False premise. Attendance at school is required.



    It doesn't need to be in the constitution, so long as all the acts passed regarding education are in keeping with the constitution. Which they have been.
    .
    Two VERY good points...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #816
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Because vaccines are injected, they bypass the normal system of immune response. This is why many vaccines wear off far earlier than simply getting the virus.

    Immunity: Natural and Acquired | Vaccines.gov
    No where does it say that vaccines are less effective than natural immunity. Vaccines stimulate the normal immune response and focus it on producing specific antibodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #817
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Because vaccines are injected, they bypass the normal system of immune response. This is why many vaccines wear off far earlier than simply getting the virus.

    Immunity: Natural and Acquired | Vaccines.gov
    Claim not supported by link.

    You keep claiming "natural" immunity lasts longer, but I haven't seen anything to substantiate that.

    Furthermore, it doesn't really matter how long "natural" immunity lasts because the only way to acquire it is to become seriously ill first.

    Vaccinations have clearly reduced the number of people who have to experience serious side effects in order to gain immunity to a disease because you can just avoid the disease in the first place with vaccinations.
    Last edited by Deuce; 02-05-15 at 06:12 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #818
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    You got it right there, cousin. Our mothers took time off for us as children and took care of us. My mother didn't go to work until I finished high school. Today's mothers don't have time for their children because they are too busy working along with their husbands to pay for lifestyles they don't need, while their children die of diseases due to their neglect. Instead, these parents expect the government to take care of their children because they don't have time. There's that, "it takes a village" concept all over again. If parents don't have time to care for their children, they should never have had them. The "village", the government has no place in raising your child.
    No. My mother was required to take time off because the added exposure to measles, etc while pregnant endangered me, her unborn child.

    Your statement is ridiculous. A mother at home isnt doing much to protect her kids from diseases they are exposed to at school. Unless she gets them vaccinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #819
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    I grew up in the 50's and measles vaccines were unheard of. It was a typical childhood disease that children got. We weathered it and moved on. Now, someone is carrying a torch for a disease that is just what it is, a typical childhood disease. Get the disease, and you're immune for life. It is not the end of the world.
    And many kids died from it too. Or went blind or had other complications.

    Whooping cough has re-emerged here in WA St. Infants have died from it for the last 3 years.

    Sure, you can not give a **** about those babies but I bet their parents wouldnt agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #820
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Not sure you understand how statistics works then. Places like Colorado have had immunization levels near 80% for years, and there's not a stack of dead bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Not sure you understand how herd immunity works then...because when we see more and more unvaccinated people and the disease starts circulating......
    ........

    There are several things you dont seem to understand about it but one thing herd immunity helps with are those that cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons. Herd immunity provides them with *some* protection but bringing them into less contact with the disease.

    Kids still die. If you dont want to pay attention until their bodies pile up, that's up to you.

    It's been happening here in WA St for 3 yrs with whooping cough. Lack of vaccination has led to several dead babies a year. Not enough to rate in your system apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •