Page 8 of 131 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #71
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Parents rarely know if their infant children have allergies...



    What a idiotic view... dumb disease ridden. Need to cross you off the, "those to take seriously" list.
    Right, and if you're part of the Anti-Vaccine crowd I can safely say you're devoid of reason. Good day.
    The GOP loves standards. They love standards so much, they got two of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    There have been instances of vaccinations causing deaths and judgments granted accordingly. These are difficult cases to win because the drug companies put up the you-can't-prove-cigarettes caused the lung cancer defense. Regardless, there have been successful cases won in the USA and elsewhere.
    And that the doctors will not find vaccines at fault anyway...

    Vaccinations are big, big money. Billions and billions and billions of dollars. But, I suppose it is true that no corporate people would ever actually tell a lie just for massive piles of money, would they?
    Never. Money is nowhere near as important to big profit CEO's than some random kids way over there that they will never have to face.

    Look at the 2008 Chinese Milk Scandal... the Chinese did not **** around. They investigated, found fault and put two CEO's to death and life imprisonment for 5 others.

    2008 Chinese milk scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Right, and if you're part of the Anti-Vaccine crowd I can safely say you're devoid of reason. Good day.
    I am not part of the anti-vaccine crowd but go ahead and be a closed-minded sheeple if you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #74
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Condoms are not 100% effective either, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use one to prevent STD's or conceive children. Nor should you use 2% when condoms don't work as promised as a reason why you should not wrap up before the dirty tango.

    Sure that makes sense, except vaccines work for the vast majority of humanity. If you have any known allergies you should always consult your doctor about that. Other than that, the risks are extremely limited.

    Feel strongly about what exactly? "My name is John Doe and I want my dumb disease ridden, non-vaccinated kid to mingle and share closed confined spaces with children who are physically incapable of getting vaccines so they can contract polio."

    Legitimate? Sure. Likely? A whole different story.
    That's the strawman everyone is using. That schools apparently are filled with kids that have NO immune system and are vulnerable to all diseases - therefore all other children should be required to be vaccinated.

    Kids who have NO immune system should NOT be in public school. Not only are vaccinations not always effective, there are almost countless diseases from which there is no vaccination. Also, should no-immune-system kids are then extraordinarily capable of spreading diseases themselves - including those not addressed by vaccinations, as unlike other kids their bodies can't get rid of the disease - so they would just keep spreading it, where other kids would get over it.

    In short, that strawman of lamenting of what about the kids with no functioning immune system is a bunch of crap. THOSE are the kids that should not be allowed in public schools because 1.) there is NO way to protect those kids against diseases since vaccinations do NOT prevent all diseases and 2.) those kids would be continuously spreading those diseases to other kids for which there is no vaccination defense.

    For example, there is no vaccination for Infectious mononucleosis. It's a hell of a thing to get and highly contagious. Yet when a kid gets over it they can not spread it. However, a kid with NO immune defense who gets it would just keep spreading to every kid. That is just one of dozens of diseases a kid with no immune system would be spreading to every kid continuously.

  5. #75
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am not part of the anti-vaccine crowd but go ahead and be a closed-minded gnat if you like.
    When you're done acting like a skid mark we could argue the virtues of vaccination. Until then you can continue your meek attempts at trolling.
    The GOP loves standards. They love standards so much, they got two of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  6. #76
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Condoms are not 100% effective either, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use one to prevent STD's or conceive children. Nor should you use 2% when condoms don't work as promised as a reason why you should not wrap up before the dirty tango.
    There are all types of condoms - there aren't all types of measles vaccines though. I guess those with severe latex allergies just have to hope they can orgasm before their throat swells up and go into cardiac arrest.

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Sure that makes sense, except vaccines work for the vast majority of humanity. If you have any known allergies you should always consult your doctor about that. Other than that, the risks are extremely limited.
    Really? There are deaths due to vaccines of all types. The CDC even lists who should not be vaccinated for all types of things:

    Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Who Should NOT Get Vaccinated?

    Risks could include everything up to and including death. The CDC even has a National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. I'd consider the risk of death not extremely limited...
    Statistics Reports



    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Feel strongly about what exactly? "My name is John Doe and I want my dumb disease ridden, non-vaccinated kid to mingle and share closed confined spaces with children who are physically incapable of getting vaccines so they can contract polio."
    Feel strongly about what medications are put in their body by government mandate - ie., the parent has no choice in the matter.


    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Legitimate? Sure. Likely? A whole different story.
    Subjective - what you consider likely or what statistically, is considered likely... likely by ethnicity, by age, by physical observation.... I guess you believe everyone is just perfectly healthy, but hundreds of thousands are not. And that includes children. Broaden your view - not everyone is healthy nor did they have the same experiences in life you did.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #77
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    When you're done acting like a skid mark we could argue the virtues of vaccination. Until then you can continue your meek attempts at trolling.
    I have posted more than a few in this thread... Sheeple... you people make me laugh.

    Hell, I already listed one directly to you... but you, apparently, cowardly ignored that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    That's the strawman everyone is using. That schools apparently are filled with kids that have NO immune system and are vulnerable to all diseases - therefore all other children should be required to be vaccinated.

    Kids who have NO immune system should NOT be in public school. Not only are vaccinations not always effective, there are almost countless diseases from which there is no vaccination. Also, should no-immune-system kids are then extraordinarily capable of spreading diseases themselves - including those not addressed by vaccinations, as unlike other kids their bodies can't get rid of the disease - so they would just keep spreading it, where other kids would get over it.

    In short, that strawman of lamenting of what about the kids with no functioning immune system is a bunch of crap. THOSE are the kids that should not be allowed in public schools because 1.) there is NO way to protect those kids against diseases since vaccinations do NOT prevent all diseases and 2.) those kids would be continuously spreading those diseases to other kids for which there is no vaccination defense.

    For example, there is no vaccination for Infectious mononucleosis. It's a hell of a thing to get and highly contagious. Yet when a kid gets over it they can not spread it. However, a kid with NO immune defense who gets it would just keep spreading to every kid. That is just one of dozens of diseases a kid with no immune system would be spreading to every kid continuously.
    Jesus, it is the ones that are physically incapable of warding off a disease that should be banned from school...

    ...and the argument is so stupid in the first place. If the majority gets vaccinated then it should not matter than a minority doesn't get vaccinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #79
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I have posted more than a few in this thread... Sheeple... you people make me laugh.

    Hell, I already listed one directly to you... but you, apparently, cowardly ignored that one.
    If you're referring to this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    For many, and perhaps even the majority, they do work. That does not mean that there are not valid objections to getting vaccinated though...

    I already responded to that. Although I can see why you would miss that when you're so busy trying to insult me.
    The GOP loves standards. They love standards so much, they got two of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  10. #80
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Jesus, it is the ones that are physically incapable of warding off a disease that should be banned from school...

    ...and the argument is so stupid in the first place. If the majority gets vaccinated then it should not matter than a minority doesn't get vaccinated.
    That is so very obvious, isn't it?

Page 8 of 131 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •