Page 74 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #731
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,001

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    More likely to die from an asprin complication.
    And complications from surgery.
    Guess only an idiot would have that cancerous tumor removed, after all they might die on the operating table
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  2. #732
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Let's get down to the nitty gritty of things involving measles. When I grew up in the 50's, you never heard of anyone dying.
    And then he proceeds to list deaths caused by measles....DERP!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #733
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Agreed...
    So again, it is pointless to keep arguing against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #734
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    When you speak to me in acronyms, I have no idea what you are talking about. English, please? What is an MMR, a magic music reward?
    This link might help.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  5. #735
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    When you speak to me in acronyms, I have no idea what you are talking about. English, please? What is an MMR, a magic music reward?
    Welcome to this site, Troll.

  6. #736
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,852

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The only common rational reason would be that the child is so unhealthy that they cannot be immunized, you are not arguing that is the case...so yeah, whatever argument you come up with is more than likely irrational.
    I am not anti-vaccine and have repeatedly stated that vaccines are good for society...

    That is not a "changing" of anything, the reason for immunization is to reduce/eliminate infection from exposure, it is an essential point, preexisting point of the debate......f'ing duh.
    You added, "Exposed" to the argument. I stated that the majority was not getting the disease. You then said that I was wrong because the majority that are "exposed" to the disease did get it. That is changing the argument.

    Your argument is now hinging upon a reaction to immunization, crackpot irrationality popularized by a disbarred Brit Dr. It is.....total BS.
    Tell that to those that had children have an adverse reaction to a vaccine and almost die... like my daughter. My Russian Roulette analogy is spot on. Clown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #737
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,852

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So again, it is pointless to keep arguing against it.
    You don't understand my argument... as most don't when they jump in half-assed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #738
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    In answer to your slippery slope, I think we can safely say that mandatory vaccinations are not blazing a trail for the practice of eugenics.
    Eugenics is an extreme, but giving the govt authority to proscribe medical treatment ends where?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #739
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The government restricts your ability to endanger society in a lot of ways. Sorry this bothers you.

    Tell us more about how vaccinations are similar to sterilizing the genetically inferior.
    That not getting vaccinated threatens society is an assumption. One may not get vaccinated and never contract or spread any disease. The idea that the govt is allowed to proscribe any medical treatment, or force anyone to receive any medication or chemical in their body is a dangerous idea.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #740
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Lots of things could lead to others, but it's highly unlikely mandatory vaccinations could lead the government from practicing eugenics.
    No, but it's very likely that the precedent could lead the government to force other things upon it's citizens.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •