Page 73 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 730 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #721
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,266

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Smallpox was long controlled even in the 50's. Comparing smallpox to measles is an apples to oranges comparison. Measles shouldn't even be a problem. This so-called measles dilemma is a made up concept so today's new liberal youth can have another cause to support.
    Wtf are you talking about? You have no evidence for that. I'm a conservative btw. Oh. And measles BEFORE the vaccination in 1968: 495 deaths a year. 2001-2011? 62 CASES yearly.

    The measles is a problem because certain morons refuse to vaccinate because they don't understand science and cling to moronic notions that have been disproven time and again.

    Oh and smallpox:

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

    1970s. Outbreaks in India and Yugoslavia. So you want us to stop vaccinating when one of the largest populations on the planet, one that has a regular number of citizens visiting, and living in America, had a bad outbreak in the 70s.

    Why don't you provide me with one logical reason to NOT vaccinate.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #722
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,266

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    I grew up in the 50's and measles vaccines were unheard of. It was a typical childhood disease that children got. We weathered it and moved on. Now, someone is carrying a torch for a disease that is just what it is, a typical childhood disease. Get the disease, and you're immune for life. It is not the end of the world.
    A typical childhood disease that killed people commonly in the past. And had risk of leaving people permanently disfigured, deaf, and so on.

    Oh. And let's not forget that the disease was almost wiped out with 62 reported cases from 2001-2011. More people died annually from the disease in the 50s than that. Roughly 8 times that.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #723
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,266

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Same as deaths caused by other illnesses such as the flu brought on by measles may not be attributed to the measles.
    The numbers are so staggering that there is no doubt vaccines are immensely safe in comparison to the diseases they seek to prevent.
    More likely to die from an asprin complication.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #724
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,807

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    How much do they actually cost? aren't they covered by health insurance?
    When we paid for the MMR in CA it was $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #725
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,807

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Not vaccinating is intentional neglect, it is choosing to not prevent very serious diseases by cheap/free/safe immunization. There are no rational reasons for not taking the simple step of immunization of a normal child, it is pure crackpotism to not immunize.
    Just because you do not understand a reason does not make it irrational. Sorry buddy boy...

    Bullchit, the chances of infection is VERY high when a non-immunized person is EXPOSED. The reason the risk of exposure is low in the US is because so many are IMMUNIZED. You are arguing to "not wear a safety belt" of immunization.
    Exposed... good job adding a qualifier and thus changing the argument to fit YOUR criteria. The sign of a feeble debater.

    I say that you are blind to your own irony.
    No, you just don't understand what Russian Roulette really is... it is something forced on you like a game. Otherwise EVERYTHING is Russian Roulette and that is retarded. Sticking a needle in a kid not knowing the outcome is Russian Roulette. Living a natural life where you may or may not get a disease, hit by a car or smashed by a meteor is NOT Russian Roulette.

    Sniff...I hurt your argument....so sad.
    Quite the opposite.... clowns make me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #726
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,807

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    And there is a lot more to growing healthy crops than giving them water--that doesn't mean water is ineffective. Reality is, if not for vaccines, we would be much worse off today than we currently are.
    Agreed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #727
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,168

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    A typical childhood disease that killed people commonly in the past.
    ...could describe something like scarlet fever, but it was never considered "common" to die from measles.

  8. #728
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    You keep saying the same thing over and over, ignoring the stats that show otherwise. Repeating something doesn't make it true.

    The vaccine became available in 1963, fyi. And those of us who got the vaccine in the 60s are advised to get an MMR.
    When you speak to me in acronyms, I have no idea what you are talking about. English, please? What is an MMR, a magic music reward?

  9. #729
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,215

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Let's get down to the nitty gritty of things involving measles. When I grew up in the 50's, you never heard of anyone dying. Please read the following article because it agrees with what I have been trying to explain to you all, a subject I will keep repeating myself over and over until you thick-headed folks get it.

    Measles and measles vaccines: fourteen things to consider. ~by Roman Bystrianyk (co-author Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and the Forgotten History) | International Medical Council on Vaccination

    A killed measles virus (KMV) vaccine came into use in the United States in 1963. What you may not have heard, is that by 1963, the death rate from measles in the United States had already dropped by approximately 98%. - See more at: Measles and measles vaccines: fourteen things to consider. ~by Roman Bystrianyk (co-author Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and the Forgotten History) | International Medical Council on Vaccination
    Some New England states had no deaths at all from measles. During this year, the whole of New England (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) had only 5 deaths attributed to measles. Deaths from asthma were 56 times greater, accidents 935 times greater, motor vehicle accidents 323 times greater, other accidents 612 times greater, and heart disease 9,560 times greater. [4]

    In England the measles vaccine was introduced in 1968. By this point measles deaths were extremely rare. The actual death rate from measles in England had fallen by an almost full 100%. [5]
    - See more at: Measles and measles vaccines: fourteen things to consider. ~by Roman Bystrianyk (co-author Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and the Forgotten History) | International Medical Council on Vaccination
    Here is something else quite interesting about this vaccination that some of you say children must have. No wonder parents don't want their children getting this vaccine.

    The early vaccine that was experimented with was a weakened, live measles vaccine. This vaccine resulted in a much higher fever in about half the children that received it. Meaning, they had a 106 degree fever as opposed to the 103 degree fever they might have had with natural measles.

    However the vaccine produced a modified measles rash in 48 per cent of the children who received it and fever as high as 106 degrees in 83 per cent of them. [7]

    - See more at: Measles and measles vaccines: fourteen things to consider. ~by Roman Bystrianyk (co-author Dissolving Illusions: Disease, Vaccines, and the Forgotten History) | International Medical Council on Vaccination
    The rest of this article is here for you to peruse. Please conduct your research.

  10. #730
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Just because you do not understand a reason does not make it irrational. Sorry buddy boy...
    The only common rational reason would be that the child is so unhealthy that they cannot be immunized, you are not arguing that is the case...so yeah, whatever argument you come up with is more than likely irrational.



    Exposed... good job adding a qualifier and thus changing the argument to fit YOUR criteria. The sign of a feeble debater.
    That is not a "changing" of anything, the reason for immunization is to reduce/eliminate infection from exposure, it is an essential point, preexisting point of the debate......f'ing duh.



    No, you just don't understand what Russian Roulette really is... it is something forced on you like a game. Otherwise EVERYTHING is Russian Roulette and that is retarded. Sticking a needle in a kid not knowing the outcome is Russian Roulette. Living a natural life where you may or may not get a disease, hit by a car or smashed by a meteor is NOT Russian Roulette.
    Your argument is now hinging upon a reaction to immunization, crackpot irrationality popularized by a disbarred Brit Dr. It is.....total BS.



    Quite the opposite.... clowns make me laugh.
    Wow, and you talk about me not getting something.....that wasn't about you being sad, I sarcastically said I was sad for the "insult" I supposedly "cast".

    KEK.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •