Page 68 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #671
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You could have linked to it.

    400 cases per year? Measles? That was in my community alone! Now...link?
    Around 400 cases per year that resulted in death.

  2. #672
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,964

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Around 400 cases per year that resulted in death.
    Even that seems low but higher than your original 65.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #673
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Even that seems low but higher than your original 65.
    You're not following... the total number of deaths was in the 400s, the subset of those that occurred in infants under age 1 was estimated at ~65.
    Last edited by Taylor; 02-04-15 at 02:30 AM.

  4. #674
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Right. And the smallest government is no government at all.

    If you shrink government, is this not the logical conclusion?
    Lol! If you're for small government you're for controlling the size of government. An anarchist on the other hand is for no government at all and is interested in making sure government no longer exists at all.

  5. #675
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Then I don't agree with you. I don't agree that your argument doesn't lead to anarchy.
    An argument that leads to anarchy would have to be one that leads to the disbandment of the state. Calling for the control of the size of government is not an argument that leads to the disbandment of the state.

  6. #676
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If the government can't require vaccines for the greater good, why can it have speed limits? What about health codes? If the government can't protect children from deadly illnesses, why can it protect them from terrorism?

    Slippery slope is ****ing stupid.
    That's interesting logic. Lol!

  7. #677
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    A woman getting an abortion isn't spreading infections to those around her and causing THEM to spontaneously abort.

    If a kid can get measles and not give it to anyone else, it wouldn't be our business. But that isn't the case.
    So people must get their body sovereignty violated because they might get sick and that might lead to other people getting sick? So to you the government should force medical treatment on people because of risks?

  8. #678
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    An argument that leads to anarchy would have to be one that leads to the disbandment of the state. Calling for the control of the size of government is not an argument that leads to the disbandment of the state.
    When that argument asymptotically approaches a limit or ZERO, yes it f'n is.

  9. #679
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So people must get their body sovereignty violated because they might get sick and that might lead to other people getting sick? So to you the government should force medical treatment on people because of risks?

    so I must risk my body sovereignty because you want to protect yours?

    Seems almost like your anti-VAX position could be used to undermine the 2A

  10. #680
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    When that argument asymptotically approaches a limit or ZERO, yes it f'n is.
    Do you mean to say a limit of zero? Nothing in his argument leads to no government.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •