Page 67 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #661
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Actually, you can. An infant in my family was born 3 months premature and before he left the hospital, he was given a raft of vaccinations, including one for the flu and RSV. It was also strongly suggested his parents and all immediate family members who would be around him with any regularity get their flu shots as well and to severely limit his exposure to public spaces and strangers for a year. Further he received an RSV shot every 28 days for his first year.

    I don't believe the MMR was part of that infant's immunizations when he left the hospital, based on the CDC recommendation to give the first MMR vaccination at 12 months. That left him and leaves any infant under a year old at risk of contracting measles, which is highly contagious.


    CDC - Vaccines - Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedules Shell
    Yes, of course you're right, babies receive numerous vaccinations in the first year, starting at birth. I was referring to the measles (MMR) vaccine, though it appears that can even be given at six months for infants that will be traveling outside the US. Typically, however, it occurs after their first birthday.

  2. #662
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It is no more negligent than going out with the flu and some old person getting it and dying. Stop being dramatic.
    Sick people at work infuriate me.

    Yet of course I understand if they dont get sick time.

    Just one more reason to expand working from home opportunities for people.

    (Which I do these days, go in one day a week. I only hope parents dont pass their kids' crud on to me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #663
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,957

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    We're not talking about JUST measles immunization, my argument is that NOT having a child immunized is intentional neglect, it is consciously not taking proper care.

    I fail to see how causing a death by spreading a flu virus is viewed so flippantly....but then we must have very different views on life and responsibility.
    Oh my... I can see that your failed argument is protected by a moral superiority complex. Cute but pathetic. I was not flippant. You just failed to comprehend my meaning, apparently.

    Not vaccinating is not, not taking proper care because a disease is not an assured thing. The chances of getting it, even pre-vaccines, was not large. Injury and death due to not wearing a seat belt was a large chance of occurring though. Many people will never get the measles.

    Some people don't like playing Russian Roulette with their kids lives... stick that in your moral pipe, twist it and cast another insult. Please...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #664
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    No. It would be simply nice if they made them free.

    Look, I know people are on me about this but my kids are not vaccinated because of my ex-wife. Well, one has some vaccinations but since she almost died we stopped. My ex is paranoid about them now even though I know that she had an adverse reaction and it might not have even been the vaccine. I am in the process of taking her to Court led mediations and one of my agenda items is to get our girls vaccinated. There is no way in hell she will agree though. When I take them back to the states I am always a bit nervous...
    I dont think that about the way you have handled your daughter's situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #665
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    bobbed and weaved to get out of your original statements.

    sure.
    Lol, it's irrelevant to the point that was made that you responded to, as I explained earlier.

  6. #666
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Lol, it's irrelevant to the point that was made that you responded to, as I explained earlier.
    Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #667
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,028

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Almost never is not never, and it would be greater than the risk to me as being around someone who was never vaccinated as have been vaccinated more than once for MMR.
    Sorry, but never is impossible, the risk of serious side effects is close to nothing and the risk to someone getting the disease is a much more of a risk.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #668
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,957

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Sick people at work infuriate me.

    Yet of course I understand if they dont get sick time.

    Just one more reason to expand working from home opportunities for people.

    (Which I do these days, go in one day a week. I only hope parents dont pass their kids' crud on to me)
    Jeez... me too. It is really rude, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #669
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,957

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Alright. Time to head off. Just enough time to get in a 9 holes.

    Night all!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #670
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,923

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Yes, of course you're right, babies receive numerous vaccinations in the first year, starting at birth. I was referring to the measles (MMR) vaccine, though it appears that can even be given at six months for infants that will be traveling outside the US. Typically, however, it occurs after their first birthday.
    This is one reason why it's important that the public at large be immunized against measles. The youngest members of any community are unprotected.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •