Page 62 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #611
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,948

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That sucks but you cant get it from the shots.

    There are some reactions that people can get tho and they mimic minor flu symptoms. I think they just dont last as long.

    I rarely get the flu, like once in the last 15 yrs. Sometimes I get the shot, sometimes I dont. I got it this yr and the next day felt like crap and had muscle aches. But still better than missing work for the flu.
    I don't even bother with the flu shot, Blue doesn't kill you, pneumonia after getting the flu does

    Just get the pneumococcal vaccine. Get that once every 10 years, and it should work just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  2. #612
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I note that you didnt respond to my post where I supported my claim that medical privacy rights can be overcome by appropriate state's interests, in this case public welfare/health. I compared it to how the state does so for any rights and used the First Amendment as an example where it can and does override that right in some cases for the public good.
    Pretty sure I answered it and I said that the State can do anything immoral, illegal and hypocritical that it wants. You are arguing about the greater good. That is a Pandora's box. A much better argument about the greater good for society would be to sterilize all the degenerate idiots out there taking welfare, living as crack addicts or that have IQ's under 90. Within one generation the USA would be a flourishing beacon of greatness. No, instead let's focus on a small minority of people that don't want to vaccinate and apply government force onto them. The reason your 1st Amendment argument fails is because the government is not forcing anything on you. You say "bomb" in a theatre and you have broken a law. They are not forcing you say something. In vaccinations the government is forcing their will on you. Big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #613
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Well they can and do here. So your statement does not apply to the US.
    In the USA and if your kid is not vaccinated... they will not admit you to school and they send a teacher to your house to teach the kid on a daily basis... ummm... what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #614
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Apparently....unvaccinated kids.
    Phew! That should be a relief to everyone then...

  5. #615
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Pretty sure I answered it and I said that the State can do anything immoral, illegal and hypocritical that it wants. You are arguing about the greater good. That is a Pandora's box. A much better argument about the greater good for society would be to sterilize all the degenerate idiots out there taking welfare, living as crack addicts or that have IQ's under 90. Within one generation the USA would be a flourishing beacon of greatness. No, instead let's focus on a small minority of people that don't want to vaccinate and apply government force onto them. The reason your 1st Amendment argument fails is because the government is not forcing anything on you. You say "bomb" in a theatre and you have broken a law. They are not forcing you say something. In vaccinations the government is forcing their will on you. Big difference.
    LOL this argument hold no more weight and is just as much a straw man as the one where you were accused of wanting no govt.

    And the use of force doesnt work either. You can be deprived of your right to liberty, by force, when the govt decides you have broken a law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #616
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Phew! That should be a relief to everyone then...
    Why?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #617
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    In the USA and if your kid is not vaccinated... they will not admit you to school and they send a teacher to your house to teach the kid on a daily basis... ummm... what?
    They do? Where?

    Is that the case for children who are unable to tolerate the vaccines? It's not for those that refuse the vaccines without medical basis....do you have some proof of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #618
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I never said that I wanted no government. Sorry. The rest is some bizarre Straw Man.
    Yes. Exactly.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #619
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    I don't even bother with the flu shot, Blue doesn't kill you, pneumonia after getting the flu does

    Just get the pneumococcal vaccine. Get that once every 10 years, and it should work just fine
    Have any links that support that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #620
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL this argument hold no more weight and is just as much a straw man as the one where you were accused of wanting no govt.

    And the use of force doesnt work either. You can be deprived of your right to liberty, by force, when the govt decides you have broken a law.
    Being vaccinated is not a law and you are the second person to claim I said I wanted no government. I never ever once uttered anything close to that in my life.

    I can't waste time debating people who are literally delusional.

    They do? Where?

    Is that the case for children who are unable to tolerate the vaccines? It's not for those that refuse the vaccines without medical basis....do you have some proof of that?
    Are you drunk? I said that they should if they will deny kids to a school. You said that they do in the USA. I just asked... "ummm what?" as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •