Page 61 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #601
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Indeed. If a woman's privacy is important in terms of her abortion rights then why is it not important in term of vaccines? Because, like I said, selective reasoning. They set out something like "we have a right to privacy" and then start marking down where it applies and where it doesn't as if that logically flows at all. It's really all old hat that many peoples politics are shaped around.
    A woman getting an abortion isn't spreading infections to those around her and causing THEM to spontaneously abort.

    If a kid can get measles and not give it to anyone else, it wouldn't be our business. But that isn't the case.

  2. #602
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    In answer to your slippery slope, I think we can safely say that mandatory vaccinations are not blazing a trail for the practice of eugenics.
    Seriously, what are people thinking? Might as well say drivers' licenses are a slippery slope to govts coming to our houses and taking away our cars.

    People on this site (not you) have some strange logic.

  3. #603
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am against mandatory vaccinations. IF schools want to ban those children then they need to supply teachers to come to the houses of banned children so that they can teach them.
    In what country? That isnt the case in the US. They have already done so and SCOTUS ruled on it. However there are new challenges but now the schools can do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #604
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    IT was ten years ago and I can't remember if it was that week or two weeks... the timing was close enough that it was not coincidental.
    That sucks but you cant get it from the shots.

    There are some reactions that people can get tho and they mimic minor flu symptoms. I think they just dont last as long.

    I rarely get the flu, like once in the last 15 yrs. Sometimes I get the shot, sometimes I dont. I got it this yr and the next day felt like crap and had muscle aches. But still better than missing work for the flu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #605
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,007

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    In what country? That isnt the case in the US. They have already done so and SCOTUS ruled on it. However there are new challenges but now the schools can do so.
    In any country that makes that kind of decision...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #606
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So besides insults is there anything you have to say to defend your argument?
    I didnt make an argument. You said you didnt understand the word 'balance' so there is no point in my arguing my point further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #607
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That doesn't open up Pandora's Box or anything... mandatory sterilization of anybody with an IQ under 90 and half of the people living in the South is best for our nation too, does that work for you?
    I note that you didnt respond to my post where I supported my claim that medical privacy rights can be overcome by appropriate state's interests, in this case public welfare/health. I compared it to how the state does so for any rights and used the First Amendment as an example where it can and does override that right in some cases for the public good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #608
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Huh?

    This really has no relevance to the original point that was made, which was that there's no reason to be fearful that your infant grandchild might die, or that they are at any real greater risk of dying, due to a tiny outbreak of measles. Its nonsense, as are all these news stories that aim to scare people about this "deadly disease" by trying to pass off third world statistics as being somehow relevant to care here in the US.

    Fifty years ago, before there was a vaccine, we had millions of people infected with measles, and something like 65 infant deaths per year. Now we should worry, because 200 people got measles at Disneyland?

    Give me a break.
    Got any stats on that? 65 infant deaths/yr to measles 50 yrs ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #609
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    You can't vaccinate infants.
    No, but you can protect them better if everyone else is vaccinated and the disease pretty much disappears from the country.

    Which is what had happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #610
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    In any country that makes that kind of decision...
    Well they can and do here. So your statement does not apply to the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •