Page 55 of 131 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #541
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,948

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    And now, thanks to vaccinations, we are surviving longer and living better.
    There is a lot more to it than vaccines...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #542
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,872

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Yes, instead of an infinitesimally low chance of dying from measles, infants now have an extraordinarily low chance of dying from measles. I'd be much more worried about winning the Lotto.

    There's plenty reason enough to get kids vaccinated without fearmongering and spreading greatly exaggerated claims.
    If the chances are 'infinitesmally low", why vaccinate at all?

    Or can you not connect the dots to see that the vaccinations themselves are what lower the chances of infection (which I also spelled out for you in my original post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #543
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,948

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Well I explained that they are endangering other children. That's fact, not opinion.

    And yes, vaccines are in general a good thing.
    My two unvaccinated daughters (one had a few vaccinations) are not endangering anybody. The entire notion that they are is literally dumb.

    Yes, in general vaccines are a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #544
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,872

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    My two unvaccinated daughters (one had a few vaccinations) are not endangering anybody. The entire notion that they are is literally dumb.

    Yes, in general vaccines are a good thing.
    We are not just discussing 2 people, however your statement is still incorrect. Of course one of your daughters can carry in a disease and infect someone else, and those not vaccinated for medical reasons are at much higher risk.

    As are your own daughters if additional precautions or alternatives arent taken since they are not vaccinated. Their risk is higher, and other unvaccinated children increase their risk.

    This is fact, not opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #545
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,948

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's not irrelevant, for the reasons I gave. You did not give any reasons to support your opinion.
    The reason you gave was national security and epidemics harming society. Those are irrelevant factors when discussing medical privacy. Either we get medical privacy or we don't. Once there is a qualification then things like RvW are subject to be over turned as well. If the vast majority of people are getting vaccinated then there is no need to make it mandatory on any level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #546
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,872

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    BUT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, isn't it? Vaccinates are 100% for 100% of people 100% of the time anyone parent who refuses should be imprisoned. Isn't that how the slogan goes?
    I havent seen a single person in this thread....or the media or the medical communities...say anything of the kind.

    No real argument so falling back on hyperbole? Obvious is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #547
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,948

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    We are not just discussing 2 people, however your statement is still incorrect. Of course one of your daughters can carry in a disease and infect someone else, and those not vaccinated for medical reasons are at much higher risk.

    As are your own daughters if additional precautions or alternatives arent taken since they are not vaccinated. Their risk is higher, and other unvaccinated children increase their risk.

    This is fact, not opinion.
    Of course we are not talking about two people and my statement is no more incorrect than yours... vaccinations do not always work and a vaccinated person can carry the disease and "endanger people" just as easily as my kids can. In fact:

    Children Worldwide Are Contracting The Very Diseases They Are Being Vaccinated Against

    Children Worldwide Are Contracting The Very Diseases They Are Being Vaccinating Against

    Everybody is at risk... that is a fact and not an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #548
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,872

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The reason you gave was national security and epidemics harming society. Those are irrelevant factors when discussing medical privacy. Either we get medical privacy or we don't. Once there is a qualification then things like RvW are subject to be over turned as well. If the vast majority of people are getting vaccinated then there is no need to make it mandatory on any level.
    No they arent irrelevant when discussing medical privacy.

    We use the public interest to override Constitutional rights all the time, including the first Amendment. Medical privacy is not inalienable nor inviolable.

    That would be like saying...either we have the First Amendment, or we dont. And yet...there are laws that supersede that right...for the public good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #549
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,872

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Of course we are not talking about two people and my statement is no more incorrect than yours... vaccinations do not always work and a vaccinated person can carry the disease and "endanger people" just as easily as my kids can. In fact:

    Children Worldwide Are Contracting The Very Diseases They Are Being Vaccinated Against

    Children Worldwide Are Contracting The Very Diseases They Are Being Vaccinating Against

    Everybody is at risk... that is a fact and not an opinion.
    And we are talking about best practices for keeping kids safe.

    Everyone is at risk in a car. So we shouldnt bother wearing seat belts? Just not put kids in safety seats because hey, they could die in a wreck anyway.

    Your argument fails. I havent made any black and white statements regarding vaccines and their usage....and there are no foolproof methods to prevent disease. What we are discussing here are reasonable precautions for public health.

    And if you choose to place others at additional risk, then the school/govt has the right to decide your kids can stay home and be homeschooled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #550
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,948

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No they arent irrelevant when discussing medical privacy.

    We use the public interest to override Constitutional rights all the time, including the first Amendment. Medical privacy is not inalienable nor inviolable.

    That would be like saying...either we have the First Amendment, or we dont. And yet...there are laws that supersede that right...for the public good.
    A few kids not getting vaccinated is not harming national security or setting society up for an epidemic... sorry. No idea why you are arguing for mandatory vaccinations when there are no issues like you are stating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •