Page 48 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #471
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Hmmm, so you can have all of the symptoms of the flu, but not actually have the flu? If so, then what's causing those reactions?

    Most of the people who are questioning vaccines, question the ingredients contained within the vaccine and their efficacy. As do I.
    *sigh*

    Flu shots are not 100% effective. Not only that, if you have already been exposed to the flu before you get the shot, you can still get the flu since the vaccine has not yet had time to fully protect your system. That is also one reason you can get some symptoms of the flu but not get very sick....the vaccine has partially ramped up your system to fight it.

    You can still get the flu for about 2 weeks after you get the shot too because, again, it takes time for it to fully protect your system...that varies for each person and again, it's not 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #472
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Wrong. Natural immunity is far superior to the artificial resistance provided by vaccines. It's not even close.
    .
    Do you have sources for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #473
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,006

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Did you get your booster shots? You'll need it, cause vaccine immunity is temporary.
    Only if "temporary" means "40-50 years."

    Natural immunity also wears off. The reason why is that... vaccines use the existing immune system mechanisms to develop antibodies to the disease. You expose the person to an inert version of the disease; the body's antibodies develop a resistance; and the individual develops an immunity.

    Adults only need a few boosters. It isn't a big deal, although keeping track can be a chore, as with any other method of keeping medical records.

  4. #474
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,957

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Personally if people dont want to vaccinate their children let them be, this way if their child dies it will be their own fault and a good way to thin the herd from stupidity.

  5. #475
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,006

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Your article is addressing HOW Wakefield conducted his research (mostly), but that does NOT mean there is no connection between gut issues and autism.
    We already have evidence that autism is evident in prenatal stages. Epidemiological studies have clearly shown that there is no connection between vaccines and autism.

    There is some correlation between issues with gut flora and autism. There is no evidence that problems with gut flora causes autism. We don't know if autism is the cause of gut issues, or if autism's behavioral issues are exacerbated by those problems.

    There is absolutely no evidence that the residual antibiotics in vaccines, or the vaccines themselves, have any effect whatsoever on gut flora.

    The spaghetti you're throwing at the wall doesn't stick.

  6. #476
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I never claimed that autism was caused by vaccines... although SIDS and ADHD might be. Since nobody knows either way it is a reasonable question.
    Just as an aside, I think it's worth considering that those things may be caused by environmental affects on the mother during pregnancy (not necessarily pollution, altho possible, but more like stress during specific periods during gestation. Or things she is exposed to or even ingests.) But esp. stress. It causes all sorts of hormonal releases in women. I dont know if they are researching this area or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #477
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    LOL... nothing in this chart has anything to do with the development of natural immunity as opposed to the artificial immunity created by vaccines.

    Did you get your booster shots? You'll need it, cause vaccine immunity is temporary.
    Polio was wiped out by "artificial" immunity. Vaccines have created a 100% objectively better outcome. Why didn't natural immunity accomplish this? You claim it is superior, but I'm not seeing anything to back that up.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    In general... yes. In the end though it should be a family choice and not a mandate. This is not the same as a seat belt or child helmet.
    Do you think then, that if your child is not vaccinated, that schools should be able to refuse them entry? Because realistically they are endangering other kids. (Again, no vaccine is 100% and there are also those kids that cannot be vaccinated.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #479
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Thanks, anti-vaxxers.



    I like the wordplay with vaccine and vacuous.

    Measles returns: Of vaccines and vacuous starlets | The Economist
    Last edited by Manc Skipper; 02-03-15 at 02:37 PM.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  10. #480
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Or that because there isn't mandatory and precautionary testing that takes place prior to vaccinations you might potentially be injecting your child with harmful and deadly chemicals.
    Of course, definitely. That is the point of such testing and holistic diagnostics.

    But then wouldnt you appreciate more those parents that get their kids vaccinated so that yours would have less chance of exposure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 48 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •