Page 43 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #421
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Thanks for your honesty. Good luck when you are elderly....you will again be susceptible. Or undergoing chemotherapy.

    But...why would I care?
    You shouldn't. By that time I will be a drain on societal resources anyways.

  2. #422
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Ah. What would your suggestion for prevention have been?
    Abstinence.

  3. #423
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Who?

    And the lack of contact with others just makes homeschooled kids more vulnerable so not vaccinating them is ignorant & dangerous as well.

    But....you dont care.
    I don't. There is no logical argument for keeping genetically weaker children in the gene pool. There is no societal argument justifying a policy that would force parents to shell out money they might not have to protect 1 or 2 kids a year from dying.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    They never answer that question, do they? If vaccinations do work, then what the hell difference does it make if every other kid in the school wasn't vaccinated for that disease?

    Instead, belief in vaccinations is like a religion to some people. Anyone who doesn't believe in their religion is evil and should be banished and hated.
    Vaccinations have different rates of efficacy but none are 100%. And not everyone can be vaccinated.

    The more people that are vaccinated means that there are fewer people with the disease that can infect other people, thereby reducing deaths in infants, elderly, immuno-compromised, etc.

    Thorough vaccination of a non-Internet 'susceptible to anything that comes down the pike' thinking in earlier decades had nearly eradicated measles in America. However it can be re-introduced anytime from outside the country.

    And oh, looky here...it found a new, unvaccinated population to exploit all over again.

    Yup, that's how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #425
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Abstinence.
    LOL That makes no sense.

    Which is not a surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    I don't. There is no logical argument for keeping genetically weaker children in the gene pool. There is no societal argument justifying a policy that would force parents to shell out money they might not have to protect 1 or 2 kids a year from dying.
    So you never had even 8th grade science then?

    This is such a sad statement of ignorance that it would take more time than I have to go back that far to build you an actual foundation on which you 'might' actually understand how disease works on populations.

    Not to mention the sheer ridiculousness that you would chalk your own kid's deaths up to 'oops, genetically inferior. Too bad!' and have so little empathy for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #427
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So you never had even 8th grade science then?
    That is among my collection of science fair trophies I think--I'll have to double check.

    This is such a sad statement of ignorance that it would take more time than I have to go back that far to build you an actual foundation on which you 'might' actually understand how disease works on populations.
    The admission of your inabilities is noted, and demonstrated.

    Not to mention the sheer ridiculousness that you would chalk your own kid's deaths up to 'oops, genetically inferior. Too bad!' and have so little empathy for others.
    I have empathy for different others than you have empathy for. Why are your others superior to my others?

  8. #428
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL That makes no sense.

    Which is not a surprise.
    Yes logic and reason are not always understood by some people, and you are further correct, it is no surprise.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That is the thing... they do not know what is causing the rise in any of those except to say that it is 100% NOT VACCINES. No way. Couldn't happen. Never.

    When your child almost dies days after a vaccine and the adverse reactions mirror the CDC adverse reaction sheet and you ask the doctor if the vaccine might be a cause and that doctor actually laughs at you even though they just concluded that they have no idea what the actual cause was? Well, excuse independent and intelligent rational people from not wondering what the **** is going on.
    No one is stopping you from discussing it with your doctor first. They can...and do...test for sensitivity to the common preservatives in vaccines. They can and shold examine your kid holistically, taking any other health issues into consideration before recommending a specific vaccination. There are also alternatives available for the sensitive.

    For 3 years now here in supposedly sophisticated WA state, there's been an epidemic of whooping cough and many infants have died...because alot of people just dont bother to get vaccinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #430
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Yes logic and reason are not always understood by some people, and you are further correct, it is no surprise.
    Insults only, not a single thing to support your paranoia and ignorance. Not surprising. Interestingly, not much you post is a surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 43 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •