Page 32 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #311
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,973

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    There is evidence that using computers can cause harm. Carpel Tunnel. Bad for the eyes... they didn't know about cell phones affecting sterility until recently. Who knows what they will find with vaccines...
    Right, there is evidence that using computers can cause harm. And there's evidence about the potential harm, and the likelihood of said harm, with regards to Vaccines as well.

    I don't think many, if anyone, here are suggesting that vaccines are 100% safe all the time.

    What they're suggesting is that at the very least there should be EVIDENCE of a possible danger if you're going to act like that danger exists.

    If someone decided they didn't want to vaccinate their kid for MMR because they have a roughly a 0.000001% chance of having a severe reaction to it...fine. I'd think that's rather stupid, but at least they're going off something with some legitimate evidence backing it.

    That's not what people are complaining about primarily. What they're complaining about are people not doing it because they think it'll cause their kid to have ADHD or Autism, something with no credible evidence suggesting it occurs what so ever.

    There is as much credible evidence saying that drinking H20 causes autism or ADHD as there is saying that vaccines cause it. If your only argument against vaccines is that "they haven't proved 100% that it doesn't" cause ADHD or Autism then you better stop them from drinking water as well, becuase using the same standard they haven't 100% prove that water doesn't cause those issues either.

  2. #312
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Vaccines don't cause autism because the doctor who came up with the research completely fabricated it. What we have now is people continuing to repeat his false claims and absurd work. Welcome to 21st century America, where even the work of a discredited crank can live way past its expiration date.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #313
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,973

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    This is far from a black and white issue.
    Whether or not to get a vaccine, in general, is not a black and white issue.

    Whether or not to get a vaccine because it may cause autism is a pretty black and white issue.

    Additionally, your list of side effects are rather less compelling considering it's missing a key part of the equation...namely, the actual percentage chance of such side effects typically occuring.

    If one has their child forgo vaccination because of the chance of some of it's side effects...regardless of the chance of said side effect...then my question would be whether or not they forgo similar medical treatments for their children that also have severe, and potentially similar, side effects. If they don't forgo those, but do vaccines, then it causes me to question the legitimacy of their claim that their worried about the legitimate potential harm that the vaccine may cause.

  4. #314
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    You need to reverse your tinfoil hat. It isn't effective against the BigPharma satellites unless you turn it inside out.
    I wouldn't think you'd concede so easily.

  5. #315
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,973

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    BUT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE, isn't it? Vaccinates are 100% for 100% of people 100% of the time anyone parent who refuses should be imprisoned. Isn't that how the slogan goes?
    Who has claimed that, or are you just attacking a strawman?

  6. #316
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,973

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Child ADHD and SIDS rates are high and even increasing
    Hmm...

    Along side ADHD rates increasing, the rate of kids watching TV has increased.

    The rate of kids eating fast food has increased.

    The rate of kids playing video games increased.

    The rate of kids using the internet increased.

    The rate of kids having access to tablets and smartphones increased

    Amongst other things...

    Better keep your kids away from TV, video games, fast food, the internet, electronics, amongst other things since all those things have been increasing as well then it must be treated as if they cause ADHD until it can be proven 100% that they don't.

    Correlation doesn't equal causation

  7. #317
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Whether or not to get a vaccine, in general, is not a black and white issue.

    Whether or not to get a vaccine because it may cause autism is a pretty black and white issue.

    Additionally, your list of side effects are rather less compelling considering it's missing a key part of the equation...namely, the actual percentage chance of such side effects typically occuring.

    If one has their child forgo vaccination because of the chance of some of it's side effects...regardless of the chance of said side effect...then my question would be whether or not they forgo similar medical treatments for their children that also have severe, and potentially similar, side effects. If they don't forgo those, but do vaccines, then it causes me to question the legitimacy of their claim that their worried about the legitimate potential harm that the vaccine may cause.
    Actually, the real question is how often do people experience complications from the vaccine vs the complications experience from actually having measles, particular in developed countries where vaccines are ubiquitous.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  8. #318
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Flu shots are a waste of time and money for 95% of the population.
    Care to make any other bogus statistic up, or are we done?
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Just heard on the radio this morning on the way in to work that this year there have been less that 70 deaths this season in the US from flu.

  10. #320
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Or they don't happen at all when you vaccinate.
    Then your kids have nothing to worry about...right?

    My kids were all vaccinated. Our grandkids are and will be. We see the value in this cool modern medicine thing. But...
    As these 'outbreaks seem to be demonstrating, either a-there are a TON of unvaccinated kids out there (be they the children of anti-vaccine types or undocumented immigrants or people that just flat out dont give a ****) or b-that vaccine isnt doing a ton to keep vaccinated people safe. And maybe its not an "either/or" but an 'and' situation.

Page 32 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •