Page 26 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #251
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Correct. Everybody has to live in society and interact with other people, which is why vaccinations are even more important than airline safety regulations. I can choose to avoid air travel, but I can't choose to avoid people.
    ...as much as I'd like to.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #252
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Where is this compelling state interest stuff in the Constitution?
    It's not, but it's often used to justify things that are Constitutionally incorrect.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #253
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I always thought you were Hugh Hefner.
    It's the bathrobe I haven't removed since 1993, isn't it.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 02-01-15 at 12:45 PM.

  4. #254
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Your argument isn't that vaccines trigger allergies, but that they actually produce neurological disabilities (or that there is doubt they they don't). The onus is on your to provide substance to this argument. What is the scientific theory under which your argument is based? Which element within the vaccines would rewire someone's brain?
    Observation. I am not a neurological scientist and I have no idea what they look for or if they even look to connect things... You are free to think whatever you like about this. Demanding evidence for everything, like the Earth beyond round, is certainly one way to go about life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    If we impose mandatory vaccination, and one child died a year from adverse reactions the trade-off is well worth it

    Considering the yearly death tolls from diseases that have now been mostly eradicated, 1000 children could die a year of such reactions in the trade-off is worth it
    Not if it was your child. I would rather take my chances than know my kid was to be affected. Life is about survival of the fittest... if some chubby little immune deficient kids die that is their problem.

    Failure to vaccinate should be considered child neglect and should carry substantial jail time and criminal penalties

    And CPS should seize the child inoculate them
    That is stupid and unconstitutional to boot. You should be ashamed of yourself for such fascist thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #256
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,934

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Not if it was your child. I would rather take my chances than know my kid was to be affected. Life is about survival of the fittest... if some chubby little immune deficient kids die that is their problem.



    That is stupid and unconstitutional to boot. You should be ashamed of yourself for such fascist thoughts.
    Then you are truly an idiot with no understanding of math. I'm willing to bet the number of kids who die from vaccines doesn't even break 100 a year. If it even breaks double disgets. The only exception should be if a real doctor says that the kid would die from vaccination, and for those exceptions they would be fine because a 95 percent vaccinated society would protect them

    If you call a healthy society fascism then so be it, go live in freedom in Somalia
    There is no constitutional right to neglect your child it's not in there

    In fact under the constitution units of government can compel inoculation

    http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bi...l=197&invol=11
    Last edited by EMNofSeattle; 02-01-15 at 04:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  7. #257
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Only Europeans who had been exposed to the disease would have been immune. Not enough to prevent a spread. Herd immunity only functions when a high percentage of the population is immune. Having only 20% of your population immune is like only putting security on 20% of the entrances to a building. Why bother?
    By your logic then no one should take the flu vaccine.
    This Year's Flu Vaccine Is Only 23 Percent Effective
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #258
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    By your logic then no one should take the flu vaccine.
    This Year's Flu Vaccine Is Only 23 Percent Effective
    There is one strain that causes measles and the vaccine used is over 99 percent effective.


    Each year the CDC has to guess which strains of flu to try to vaccinate people against because there so many variants with so many strains they are constantly changing and becoming new strains each year.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Right, doctors are ignorant while some Joe Blow is completely knowledgable on the subject… You don't get how ridiculous that sounds?
    No. What is ridiculous is that I informed my doctor of the VAERS reporting system and how to proceed because she did not know. She said that no doctor that she knew had ever used it either. Like I have said to others... if you have not experienced stuff like I have then you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Only in the minds of the perpetually paranoid. The rest of us will sleep a little easier.
    Didn't know it was paranoid to ask questions... Don't you like to know what is in your food and how it might affect you? I understand that it is easy to sit back, attempt a high road and insult people that you disagree with but unfortunately that just makes that person a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •