Page 24 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #231
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,963

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    One person who has recommended some vaccinations and urged NOT getting others?

    Our family doctor. Been in practice nearly 4 decades having recently retired from being a lead doctor at the hospital.

    An insulting cartoon face of doctors wasn't in that picture earlier in this thread.
    Who in this thread has suggested people should take every vaccine ever no matter the context?

    Or are you just doing a strawman?

    There's legitimate medical reasons why to forgo some vaccines. Proven, studied, verifiable reasons that are generally agreed upon across the medical field.

    That is far different than not doing a vaccination because you think it'll lead to autism or adhd despite zero legitimate evidence suggesting the things are linked.

    My wife was struck with a disease that was a cousin to the chicken pox when she was young. Later, when 3 of her sibling got the chicken pox she did not. Later, when some of her friends did she did not. When she went to the doctor before college and the chicken pox vaccine was brought up, the doctor suggested it could medically be reasonable to skip it for her since she's seemed to have a good immune response to it already due to the other disease, and thus wasn't as necessary to inject her with the chickenpox virus, which could potentially have had a mild chance for ramifications down the road.

    This was not taking a vaccine for a legitimate medical reason based on actual facts, context, and a medical understanding of the legitimate health benefits and risks. Few, if any, people have an issue with this kind of thing...or with someone not taking a vaccine because they're allergic to something in it. What they have a problem with is people refusing to take them, especially for some of the more serious diseases, due to medically unsound reasons.

  2. #232
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,963

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    As humans with individual rights, we have the right to be refuse to consume things that are good for us or to choose to consume things that are bad for us. We are not a "herd."

    We can also use those rights to freely express how stupid it is to not get vaccinations that can protect you from preventable disease, and I do.

    I don't think vaccines should be mandatory in general.

    I have no issue with the government mandating that entry into public school, or a public university, require the person to have certain vaccines (outside of a legitimate religious exemption) because I'm those sitatuons it's using public funds from all of us and the government and citizens have a vested interest in the public health of the facilities they're running.

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    I like how people think their opinion on what goes into other peoples bodies matters. It just goes to show how much fascism has been become part of the collective conscious of the US.

  4. #234
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,999

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I like how people think their opinion on what goes into other peoples bodies matters. It just goes to show how much fascism has been become part of the collective conscious of the US.
    Out of curiosity have you decided to research this topic at all since joining this discussion way back on page 3?

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Out of curiosity have you decided to research this topic at all since joining this discussion way back on page 3?
    It appears to me you guys are losing ground to people you consider the enemy and are having a cry session over it. I swear if you guys were libertarians you would have all committed suicide long ago.

  6. #236
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,999

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't think vaccines should be mandatory in general.

    I have no issue with the government mandating that entry into public school, or a public university, require the person to have certain vaccines (outside of a legitimate religious exemption) because I'm those sitatuons it's using public funds from all of us and the government and citizens have a vested interest in the public health of the facilities they're running.
    I would be willing to bet a compelling state interest could be argued in favor of mandatory vaccinations...period. People don't come into contact with other people only in public institutions.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I would be willing to bet a compelling state interest could be argued in favor of mandatory vaccinations...period. People don't come into contact with other people only in public institutions.
    Where is this compelling state interest stuff in the Constitution?

  8. #238
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,999

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It appears to me you guys are losing ground to people you consider the enemy and are having a cry session over it. I swear if you guys were libertarians you would have all committed suicide long ago.
    "No, I still have no idea what this thread is about" would have been a shorter and more succinct response.

  9. #239
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,999

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Where is this compelling state interest stuff in the Constitution?
    Research the topic, then we talk.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Research the topic, then we talk.
    Have a good cry session over losing a fight you feel strongly about and then explain to me where I can find this compelling state interest argument in the Constitution.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •