Page 18 of 131 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #171
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If that is your standard of measurement, then there can be no standards because nothing ever fits everything 100%.
    Yet a one size fits all approach is what is being applied... quite illogical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #172
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Vast majority does not equal one size fits all.
    It's not as if one person will get superhuman powers from a vaccine, and the next will burst into flames. One size fits all because we are all from the same species. That has been strength of our medicine since the dawn of time.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Your argument is based around the fact that there is a lack of evidence concerning vaccines. You literally have nothing other than, "Well, anything is possible..."
    Right... under/non reporting and incomplete reports are nicely swept under your rug... you literally have nothing other than, "Unknowns are meaningless since there is absolutely no way they can be possible." I remain open and prefer to find information and solutions rather than to stick my fingers in my ear like one fearful of what might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    It's not as if one person will get superhuman powers from a vaccine, and the next will burst into flames. One size fits all because we are all from the same species. That has been strength of our medicine since the dawn of time.
    Yet I am allergic to certain penicillin's. Hmmm...

    So I guess that everybody is fine to eat strawberries and peanuts then? Didn't know that the same species argument trumped reality. Thanks...

    I will let my daughter start swatting at bee hives now that I know she is free from danger.
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; 02-01-15 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Sure. Slippery slope to all sorts of terrible things like health codes for restaurants and recurrent training for pilots.
    You don't have to eat at a restaurant nor get in a plane or a car, for that matter. Forcing injections into a person is not analogous to his or your argument. Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #176
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I remain open and prefer to find information and solutions rather than to stick my fingers in my ear like one fearful of what might be.
    I'm will to hear your evidence. Keeping in mind that lack of evidence is not evidence.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,906

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I'm will to hear your evidence. Keeping in mind that lack of evidence is not evidence.
    Evidence of what? That people experience adverse reactions? That there are reactions that we are not aware of or that the numbers are under-reported? Those are facts.

    SIDS or ADHD being affected or not is just a worry. I hope it is not so but it is a fact that the possibility remains open as there is so much that they do not know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  8. #178
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Yet I am allergic to certain penicillin's. Hmmm...

    So I guess that everybody is fine to eat strawberries and peanuts then?
    Your argument isn't that vaccines trigger allergies, but that they actually produce neurological disabilities (or that there is doubt they they don't). The onus is on your to provide substance to this argument. What is the scientific theory under which your argument is based? Which element within the vaccines would rewire someone's brain?

  9. #179
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Evidence of what? That people experience adverse reactions?
    That vaccines can kill babies or rewire someone's brain.

  10. #180
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    I change my own oil and recycle it too of course.
    You must have ten foot long arms because I cannot even reach my oil plug not having a hydraulic lift or a crane or something. Hope you have your tetanus up to day because if you scratch yourself on the metal or step on a rusty screw in the parking lot of the recycling center, then you are a goner.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •