9,500 people are saved and that is 63% so the other 37% should be 5,500 or so.
WHO | Measles
Measles is not akin to the common cold. It is a killer, a very serious disease that kills and brings lifelong complications... in my case, it attacked my eyesight, making me almost legally blind for much of my childhood. A simple and safe vaccine prevents that. People who refuse to get their healthy, non-allergic children vaccinated should be prosecuted for public health violations, in my opinion. A bunch of idiots who are playing Russian roulette not only with their own kids' lives, but the lives of babies too young to get vaccinated, immune-damaged sick children who aren't well enough to be vaccinated, and children allergic to components of the vaccination.Key facts
Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.
In 2013, there were 145 700 measles deaths globally – about 400 deaths every day or 16 deaths every hour.
Measles vaccination resulted in a 75% drop in measles deaths between 2000 and 2013 worldwide.
In 2013, about 84% of the world's children received one dose of measles vaccine by their first birthday through routine health services – up from 73% in 2000.
During 2000-2013, measles vaccination prevented an estimated 15.6 million deaths making measles vaccine one of the best buys in public health.
Words cannot express how disgusted I am by these parents.
Last edited by DiAnna; 01-31-15 at 10:53 PM.