Page 104 of 131 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1307

Thread: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

  1. #1031
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Why didn't we all die from these diseases pre-vaccine? Why didn't the Bubonic Plague wipe out humanity? I mean, there was ZERO herd immunity... right?
    MY GAWD do you have no knowledge of history? whole towns were wiped out from the bubonic plagued. In a 5 year period 25 million people died in Europe - and there were a lot fewer people back then. Google it.

    Why inflict pain, suffering, death on people when a simple vaccine stops it? Even if you don't die, why do you want to miss work because you're sick? Or because your kids are sick? They'll be missing school.

    What is up with some of the people on this thread?

  2. #1032
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well, then the Bubonic Plague (of earlier centuries) is hardly an example of what could happen if we don't get vaccinated against the Measles, now, is it?
    An anti-vaccine person brought it up. Ask them why.

  3. #1033
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,415

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    AS their children die shouldn't that make you happy?
    What are you implying by that? I want all kids to be vaccinated because I want them to have the best chance at a long and healthy life.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #1034
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    The illegal aliens who are bringing these diseases in should be kept out of the country. Those who support open borders are incredibly ignorant, self-centered idiots.
    So I assume you also will force anyone who travels overseas to get all the vaccines possible? And you'll insist that all tourists or other legal visitors to our country get vaccinated, by force if necessary? there goes our tourism industry...

  5. #1035
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,017

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    MY GAWD do you have no knowledge of history? whole towns were wiped out from the bubonic plagued. In a 5 year period 25 million people died in Europe - and there were a lot fewer people back then. Google it.

    Why inflict pain, suffering, death on people when a simple vaccine stops it? Even if you don't die, why do you want to miss work because you're sick? Or because your kids are sick? They'll be missing school.

    What is up with some of the people on this thread?
    Pretty sure that I know a hell of a lot more about it than you as I teach a small unit on the Plague in high school... just realized you are a lady so kindly leave the insults out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #1036
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    The anti-vaccine movement is an anti-science movement largely fueled by this fad of "natural" products advocates who want to push the "toxins" meme or debunked autism rhetoric to discourage vaccinations. The fact is that vaccines work, they have improved public health and saved lives as well as basically eradicate diseases. As with any drug there is the potential for adverse reactions, but it's extremely rare and the benefits outweigh the risk unless medically contraindicated.

    I estimate that I have personally administered (and basically prescribed under supervision) roughly 500 vaccines to patients. just this year I've administered about 200. Vaccines are a good thing and the anti-vaccine movement needs to accept defeat by science already.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #1037
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    It doesn't take any time... we didn't all die because herd immunity is not a requisite for surviving epidemics.
    I never said it was.

    See, you have all the answers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #1038
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    People don't get shingles from other people. Shingles happens when the varicella virus hangs out in our bodies after having chicken pox. If you had chicken pox before, then you can get shingles.
    I know that. However if you are casual about passing CP onto other people, then they may have that to look forward to in the future. Very likely, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #1039
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,017

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I never said it was.

    See, you have all the answers!
    Correct... but you do seriously imply it. Just look at all the challenges you are getting on that subject. Not just me babe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  10. #1040
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Vaccine Critics Turn Defensive Over Measles [W:1210]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Correct... but you do seriously imply it. Just look at all the challenges you are getting on that subject. Not just me babe...
    No, those were just the foci of certain conversations.

    And I cant help it if there are people with marginal...or less...understanding of certain things.

    It's fairly relevant regarding vaccination, but not primarily. However it's only incidental in the way that diseases exploit populations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •