Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 330

Thread: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CAPPI

  1. #291
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    You're getting way too emotional. The project will create some jobs, but it would be a great value even if it created none. It is a benefit to the US in and of itself.
    You're mistaking sarcasm for emotion. And you're just making baseless statements - "It is a benefit..." Meaningless. Versus what? To whom? If it's versus expanded solar power that doesn't require an endless stream of fossil fuels being extracted from increasingly marginal sources like shale, I'd say it's a net harm.

  2. #292
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You're mistaking sarcasm for emotion. And you're just making baseless statements - "It is a benefit..." Meaningless. Versus what? To whom? If it's versus expanded solar power that doesn't require an endless stream of fossil fuels being extracted from increasingly marginal sources like shale, I'd say it's a net harm.
    Its benefit is self-evident. It is a valuable addition to US infrastructure at no cost to the US. As for solar power, the time required for solar to surpass fossil fuels in efficiency and cost is measured in centuries.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #293
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Sorry, but that's an incomprehensible post.
    You said, "A strong energy sector helps us all." Well, "More jobs helps us all." So what? Those are both statements that offer zero objective standards to evaluate anything.

  4. #294
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You said, "A strong energy sector helps us all." Well, "More jobs helps us all." So what? Those are both statements that offer zero objective standards to evaluate anything.
    So what. I did not write them to be evaluated.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #295
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Its benefit is self-evident. It is a valuable addition to US infrastructure at no cost to the US. As for solar power, the time required for solar to surpass fossil fuels in efficiency and cost is measured in centuries.
    OK, we're not getting anywhere. And you'll have to find a link about that "efficiency and cost measured in centuries" assertion. Cost for solar have been plummeting and are already competitive with coal. Wind is cheaper by some measures and that price is also dropping steadily.

    While You Were Getting Worked Up Over Oil Prices, This Just Happened to Solar - Bloomberg Business

  6. #296
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    So what. I did not write them to be evaluated.
    OK, so you had no real point. Got it.

  7. #297
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,753
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    OK, so you had no real point. Got it.
    I made my point. It's self-evident.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #298
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    I made my point. It's self-evident.
    No one else got it, but OK - or as the kids say, 'whatever...'

  9. #299
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    A strong energy sector helps us all.
    It doesn't help the Obama administration, which has intentionally pursued policies based on weakening the energy sector.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #300
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    OK, we're not getting anywhere. And you'll have to find a link about that "efficiency and cost measured in centuries" assertion. Cost for solar have been plummeting and are already competitive with coal. Wind is cheaper by some measures and that price is also dropping steadily.

    While You Were Getting Worked Up Over Oil Prices, This Just Happened to Solar - Bloomberg Business
    Neat photo. That's the solar station that commercial pilots complain about for blinding them if they get within 200 miles of it. It is also frying thousands of birds that get near it, including many endangered species.

    Solar will ill never be competitive until an economiCal storage method is developed.

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •