Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 330

Thread: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CAPPI

  1. #281
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I suggest you look the word up. It might help clear up your confusion.
    We are using less than we have in the past. Therefore it is less of a commodity.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  2. #282
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "Roads, Bridges, etc..." It is the "etc" that you conveniently leave open in your argument...Can you show me Minnie where the United States has to gain your approval on projects of 'free trade' that the State Dept, has signed off on?



    You can't have it both ways Minnie....Whenever we talk about more drilling in the US, one of the arguments is that it won't benefit us because it is a global market, now you turn on a dime and scream about private companies making profit....



    My thought is that they will offer, and negotiate until it becomes clear that ANY price won't be enough for some, then the project will take into consideration their concerns, and do it anyway....At some point, you can't allow an individual, or individual group to hold out as a kind of blackmail against a massive project like this.
    So you think that they should force people to give up their property at cut rates in order to create this pipeline???

    I see you are arguing against the idea that Eminent domain should not be allowed, so does this mean you agree with its use?

  3. #283
    Educator oncewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ky.
    Last Seen
    10-11-16 @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    797

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Obama won't veto this because he's a wimp.
    Dead on arrival at POTUS desk.


    It's not because John McCain doesn't care. It's because John McCain doesn't get it.
    Barack Obama
    At Democratic Party's Denver convention, August 2008.

  4. #284
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    We are using less than we have in the past. Therefore it is less of a commodity.
    If you use your car less, is it less of a car ??

  5. #285
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    If you use your car less, is it less of a car ??
    I would argue that while still a car, if everybody used cars less, then the value of the car would decrease. Just as oil is still oil, a car is still a car, just worth significantly less.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  6. #286
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There are MANY other oil pipelines that already come out of Canada.

    Whats the big deal?
    This one makes an efficient connection to an additional source.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #287
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    For "best for the U.S." or a "best for Canadian oil companies and a few companies in the U.S." There really is a difference, which is why the whole "eminent domain" thing is an issue.

    No one objects to the idea of eminent domain for projects that serve the public. Only conservatives on this thread have no issues with eminent domain to help out a few players in the energy sector.
    A strong energy sector helps us all.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #288
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Where's the public use or benefit? If it's JOBS!!!, then pretty much any major project means landowners have to make way for the Jobs Creators! Shouldn't be a problem - heck, most landowners will be "delighted" to sell their farms and homes to make way for progress!
    You're getting way too emotional. The project will create some jobs, but it would be a great value even if it created none. It is a benefit to the US in and of itself.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #289
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,853

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    A strong energy sector helps us all.
    Well, so does more JOBS of any kind. It's a non-standard.

  10. #290
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,961
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Well, so does more JOBS of any kind. It's a non-standard.
    Sorry, but that's an incomprehensible post.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •