Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 330

Thread: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CAPPI

  1. #241
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Yeah, OK, it must be the landowner's fault because....something! What's funny is you can't even admit it's the pipeline's responsibility to make it right.
    Of course it's the pipeline's responsibility to make it right. I have never claimed otherwise.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #242
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,744

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Who are almost always delighted to receive the right of way payments.
    1) You have no way of knowing that. When we were in the path of the high tension wires, we settled quickly. Not because we were "delighted" to have those lines cut the property in half and ruin it for a home place forever, but because we knew the utility had eminent domain rights and would force our sale no matter what. So what was the point of objecting?

    2) So what? It's OK to force the holdouts to sell because some critical percentage approve?

  3. #243
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    1) You have no way of knowing that. When we were in the path of the high tension wires, we settled quickly. Not because we were "delighted" to have those lines cut the property in half and ruin it for a home place forever, but because we knew the utility had eminent domain rights and would force our sale no matter what. So what was the point of objecting?

    2) So what? It's OK to force the holdouts to sell because some critical percentage approve?
    Critical infrastructure is something the community builds for the greater good of all. I'm sorry for your negative personal experience but that's not really an argument. I could just as easily point out that all the farmers I know with pipeline easements think of them as money in the bank.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #244
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    ??? I guess I missed your point entirely.
    I can't prove you didn't do something. Get it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #245

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Critical infrastructure is something the community builds for the greater good of all. I'm sorry for your negative personal experience but that's not really an argument. I could just as easily point out that all the farmers I know with pipeline easements think of them as money in the bank.
    Farmers aren't the only obstruction. The Proposed Pipeline Runs over Lokota Native American Reserves, and the People there are vehemently against it, even proposing violence to Construction teams. Our government hasn't respected our historical treaties with the Indians, the fact that we'd build this over what little land they have left is the height of bureaucratic ignorance, and the sole reason I oppose the pipeline as is. It should have an alternate build path before it passes.

  6. #246
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
    Farmers aren't the only obstruction. The Proposed Pipeline Runs over Lokota Native American Reserves, and the People there are vehemently against it, even proposing violence to Construction teams. Our government hasn't respected our historical treaties with the Indians, the fact that we'd build this over what little land they have left is the height of bureaucratic ignorance, and the sole reason I oppose the pipeline as is. It should have an alternate build path before it passes.
    I'm sure there's a number that will ease the Indians' concerns. There usually is.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #247
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,942

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Pipelines are the cleanest and safest way to transport petroleum.
    I would rather Canada shipped their oil from Canada rather than transporting it across the USA to be shipped via the gulf.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  8. #248
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Who are almost always delighted to receive the right of way payments.
    Then there are people that are not delighted.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  9. #249
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    I would rather Canada shipped their oil from Canada rather than transporting it across the USA to be shipped via the gulf.
    Good for you, but that's not the most efficient or safest way to do it, and it's not the way that's best for the US.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #250
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline Associated Press By DINA CA

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Then there are people that are not delighted.
    Few in number. Regardless, infrastructure is something the community builds for the common good.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •