Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 273

Thread: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

  1. #211
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,757

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    It IS the reality and I think the echelon of the Military Industrial Complex saw the possibilities right away.

    A secret, hidden enemy, no one could see. Scattered across the globe in dirty little **** holes no one cares about anyway where they can blast away at will..and the knowledge from past experience that with every bombing more terrorists are made.

    It's a perfect storm for MIC.
    It's not a hidden enemy, they're not hiding, they're right out there in plain sight. The problem with this enemy is that there is no way to differentiate the fighters from the civilians because there are no civilians, everyone is a potential fighter and we don't have the stomach to go in there and blow up every single living human being, man, woman and child, down to the absolutely last one, because if we don't, they'll come back at us from the survivors. This war is different from every other war we have ever fought. We have the mindset that we have to protect the civilians and only kill the combatants and we need to keep giving them the opportunity to stop and sign a treaty. This isn't that war. There are no civilians and there will be no treaty, they must all be completely wiped out, down to the smallest infant and the very act of fighting this war is just going to make more people hate us and become more radicalized. This is a war that will have millions of casualties. That's nothing the American people are willing to deal with.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    That's true, but since we've spent so many years cleaning up everyone else's mess, they all expect us to do it now. Europe has a lot more to worry about, they're closer to the Middle East, but you don't see them flying a lot of sorties against IS, do you? Only when we *BUY* their loyalty will they put a couple of planes in the air and make a couple of passes, but not too many because they don't really want to upset the extremist Muslims. They're doing it to placate us, not to solve the problem. They know we'll keep on bombing in their stead, they just have to make a show of it.

    Well the Brits and some did say they would not put troops on the ground in Syria. Still that leaves them and the French with the Italians to go and clean out Libya.

    Let the Russians and Iran with Assad take out whats in Syria. We will handle whats in Afghanistan while killing some more Taliban so they don't think they are exempt.

    Then Let the Saud and Sunni go and clean up their mess in Iraq. With a little help from some Canadians and Aussies and any others that want to get in some good hunting.

  3. #213
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,757

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well the Brits and some did say they would not put troops on the ground in Syria. Still that leaves them and the French with the Italians to go and clean out Libya.

    Let the Russians and Iran with Assad take out whats in Syria. We will handle whats in Afghanistan while killing some more Taliban so they don't think they are exempt.

    Then Let the Saud and Sunni go and clean up their mess in Iraq. With a little help from some Canadians and Aussies and any others that want to get in some good hunting.
    The French flew what? Two sorties before giving up? And that was before Charlie Hebdo. Now they know that they have let radical Muslims into their country who are only too happy to launch attacks against the French people. They'll never do it again. Neither will the Italians. The Russians have no horse in this race, they don't care. You totally misunderstand the nature of this conflict, I'm sorry to say. America has trained the world that they are never responsible for their own fights. It will take many years and decades to dissuade them from that belief.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The French flew what? Two sorties before giving up? And that was before Charlie Hebdo. Now they know that they have let radical Muslims into their country who are only too happy to launch attacks against the French people. They'll never do it again. Neither will the Italians. The Russians have no horse in this race, they don't care. You totally misunderstand the nature of this conflict, I'm sorry to say. America has trained the world that they are never responsible for their own fights. It will take many years and decades to dissuade them from that belief.


    Putin has been threatened and so has Russia. By ISIS directly. Its all Putin needs. Plus he is Assad's Ally. As is Iran. Syria is their problem.

    The French cleaned out Mali, so they can get the help they will need to finish their other problem they help to create. Time for them to call in their markers from those around them. Plus ISIS has threatened to Destroy Rome.

    Then to top it off.....ISIS threatened China. Which they can come in and do clean up. They won't care about any Humanitarian abuses.

  5. #215
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,340

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    The single hottest tickets in the world are for death penalty executions...anywhere. The highest priced black market videos are snuff films.

    ISIL is not a bunch of illiterate madmen, but cold, calculating assassins with psychology degrees. They know the US media will pay for visuals like this if they could get away with it. They know Americans will be horrified and drawn to it at the same time and they know you are squeamish when it comes to children and women. I once saw a quote from an Iranian madman arrested here who said in effect 'Americans are too easily sickened by real war. We only need to incinerate some babies and they will cry to their mothers.'

    This is why I have been so opposed to the self censorship of the media about Islam, cartoons etc., we have allowed them free access to horror, but save them the discomfort over fear of reprisals. The only way to get these guys is to make them totally uncomfortable with everything....and that means attacking Islam itself just as I would attack the Christian Church if such atrocities were carried out in it's name. Just as I rail at my own Baptist denomination for allowing the Westboro people to use the name. We must show them how ridiculous we see them, just as we showed Japan and Hitler what fools we could make of them. Charlie Chaplin did more to advance the cause with one movie more than all the efforts of the American Jewish community. If Islam is so tame in practice they will, as other faiths preach, forgive.

    Since 911, IMO, the west has been negligent in holding legitimate Islam to account. AL-Qaeda and ISIL get $ from somewhere, and it's flowing through the Islamic world, not Christians, Hindus, Sikhs or Buddhists. It's not the Russians or Chinese, it's Muslims. That has to be stopped either through co-operation or force, but it has to stop and if Muslims in America don't like it, take it up with terrorists. If they're really American, they will be eager to co-operate.
    How can that be accomplished without sinking to their level, which most people would find objectionable? Look at the recent condemnation from some on waterboarding and other forms of extracting information from those who would kill us if they had the chance. I remember seeing a reference once which talked about "rivers of blood" - is that possible? I suppose it is when you hear their threat of killing hundreds of millions of people. Unbelievable!

  6. #216
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,386

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It's not a hidden enemy, they're not hiding, they're right out there in plain sight. The problem with this enemy is that there is no way to differentiate the fighters from the civilians because there are no civilians, everyone is a potential fighter and we don't have the stomach to go in there and blow up every single living human being, man, woman and child, down to the absolutely last one, because if we don't, they'll come back at us from the survivors. This war is different from every other war we have ever fought. We have the mindset that we have to protect the civilians and only kill the combatants and we need to keep giving them the opportunity to stop and sign a treaty. This isn't that war. There are no civilians and there will be no treaty, they must all be completely wiped out, down to the smallest infant and the very act of fighting this war is just going to make more people hate us and become more radicalized. This is a war that will have millions of casualties. That's nothing the American people are willing to deal with.


    Oh?

    The how come ISIS was allowed to grow? Was Obama aware at the time, or is he lying again?

    Please provide us with a list of locations of Al Qaeda in Pakistan and Afghanistan and anywhere else they may be...and if they whereabouts is so certain why is the NSA tapping every ****ing phone on the planet?

    Hey look, over there another terrorist camp we're ignoring until we cut off some heads
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  7. #217
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,386

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    How can that be accomplished without sinking to their level, which most people would find objectionable? Look at the recent condemnation from some on waterboarding and other forms of extracting information from those who would kill us if they had the chance. I remember seeing a reference once which talked about "rivers of blood" - is that possible? I suppose it is when you hear their threat of killing hundreds of millions of people. Unbelievable!

    You already have sunk to their level when the US abandoned its own constitution and started openly torturing people.

    It is not their level to go to the Imams and leaders and say "look, we need to cut off the money supply and we need your co-operation, reminding them that failure to report an ongoing crime is a felony. Then you take the resources being used to monitor a few billion cell phones to track the money, those supporting terrorists get arrested, tried and punished under existing laws.

    No country is doing that job, not France, certainly not Britain Canada or the United States. I don't know why but I suspect personal politics are involved , either than or total incompetence.
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  8. #218
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,757

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Oh?

    The how come ISIS was allowed to grow? Was Obama aware at the time, or is he lying again?

    Please provide us with a list of locations of Al Qaeda in Pakistan and Afghanistan and anywhere else they may be...and if they whereabouts is so certain why is the NSA tapping every ****ing phone on the planet?

    Hey look, over there another terrorist camp we're ignoring until we cut off some heads
    Everyone was aware and ignored it. The liberals are too busy screaming that even looking sideways at Muslims is racism, ignoring the fact that Islam isn't a race. Nobody has been hiding, ISIS/ISIL has been rampaging across the Middle East out in the open for over a year. What have we done? Seriously? What moves have we made to wipe them all out? Virtually nothing.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #219
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    A forever war isn't the goal but it very well might be the reality, especially if we're not willing to do what needs to be done to actually end the war. The American public doesn't have the stomach to fight the way that ISIS fights, which is what is required in this new war.
    Actually I think there are two possibilities given the reality of this multi-administration war. Either forever war IS the goal, or everyone running the war efforts are idiots.

    And I don't want to have the stomach to fight the way that ISIS fights. They use terrorism, they abduct civilians and chop off their heads, they are complete barbarians. I don't want us to be barbarians, we're advanced and civilized and understand, at least on some part, the morality of humanity. I don't want to stoop to their level, that puts us on their level. Playing to the lowest common denominator serves no one.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #220
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,757

    Re: 'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Actually I think there are two possibilities given the reality of this multi-administration war. Either forever war IS the goal, or everyone running the war efforts are idiots.
    I vote for option #2.

    And I don't want to have the stomach to fight the way that ISIS fights. They use terrorism, they abduct civilians and chop off their heads, they are complete barbarians. I don't want us to be barbarians, we're advanced and civilized and understand, at least on some part, the morality of humanity. I don't want to stoop to their level, that puts us on their level. Playing to the lowest common denominator serves no one.
    The unfortunate reality is, that may be the only way to stop them. It doesn't matter what level you want to fight at, it might very well be the case that the only way to take them out is to genocide every last one of them. Between that and keeping this war running for years or decades in the future, I'm entirely willing to put them all 6-feet under. The only thing that matters is winning the war. If that's the only way to win, so be it.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •